Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tag Team Wrestling (Please Read!) **NEW TEAM IDEA ADDED**

With the release of Caylen Croft, who is one half of the Dudebusters, and the break up of the Hart Dynasty. We are done to an appauling THREE tag teams, The Uso's, Santino/Kozlov & Nexus members Slater/Gabriel. I don't think the tag team division has been in a worst state, it's sad because they can use so many guys that they already have who are doing nothing and make them into a team. But no. So here is my ideas.

Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel

Okay, they are the Tag Team Champions, but who are they going to face? Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov, really? The Uso's? Their heel, no one will be interested in that match. So here are some tag teams I've put together would could make the division interesting.

The Latino Warriors

Chavo Guerrero & Primo, both HAD matching attires, both Hispanic which could lead into a storyline as to why Chavo wanted to put Primo under his wing, have it a mentor type tag team. With Chavo showing Primo the ropes and how to hold his own in the WWE.
They both can easily turn face, Chavo has shown that he can work both heel & face, as has Primo in his time teaming with his brother Carlito.

Monsters Inc.

Skip Sheffield and Ezekiel Jackson, two of the WWE's biggest superstars, but the difference with these guys and the other big guys is that they can work a good match and get a good reaction from the crowd whether heel or face. They would be an amazing team just destroying everything in there way, maybe giving them Tony Atlas or Abraham Washington as a manager wouldn't be a bad idea either.

The Uso's

Turn them face, I think they could work better as a face team, let them do more high flying moves. They could be as good as MNM were.

South Beach Party Boys

Darren Young & Percy Watson
This would be a very fun team to watch, Oh Yea! Both good in-ring wrestlers but as single stars don't give much to the table, so teaming them up together would make for an interesting & fun tag team.

NEW TEAM ADDED**
The Husky Brawlers

Husky Harris & William Regal, both great in ring, ruthless and rough. Once Nexus is done, or maybe if Husky get's kicked out anytime soon, this could be an amazing team. Could work as face or heel, Regal can play both roles well, not sure about Husky but looks like he can play a face easily.

-----------------------------

What do you guys think? Suggestion for other teams are more than welcome.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Unfortunately, it seems that right now, the WWE doesn't have any interest in having a Good Tag Team Division. Apparently, Vince thinks that Tag Team Wrestling "doesn't sell". I have no idea where he would get a dumb ass idea like that from. You can see it in the product,, and the names that they've released.

The WWE can have a really good Tag Team Division if they wanted. Hell, if companies that don't have anywhere near the resources the WWE has like ROH and TNA can have good Tag Divisions, there's no reason why the doesn't.

It's just out and out laziness from creative. It's been this way since at least 2007.

I love Tag Team Wrestling, and recently I was just watching that awesome 10 team match from the '88 Survivor Series. It's sad that will probably never happen again because of the WWE's uncaring about Tag Teams.

If these recent cuts and unnecessary splits hadn't have happened, the WWE could most definitely have a Tag Team Division that would be quite impressive.

-The Hart Dynasty
-Cryme Tyme
-Dudebusters
-Gatecrashers
-The Uso's
-Slater and Gabriel
-Hennig and Rotunda (Or Joe with Mike Dibiase)
-Los Aviadores
-South Beach Party Boys

They definitely could have had really good Tag Team Division, but the WWE just doesn't care about Tag Teams anymore.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Unfortunately, it seems that right now, the WWE doesn't have any interest in having a Good Tag Team Division. Apparently, Vince thinks that Tag Team Wrestling "doesn't sell". I have no idea where he would get a dumb ass idea like that from. You can see it in the product,, and the names that they've released.

The WWE can have a really good Tag Team Division if they wanted. Hell, if companies that don't have anywhere near the resources the WWE has like ROH and TNA can have good Tag Divisions, there's no reason why the doesn't.

It's just out and out laziness from creative. It's been this way since at least 2007.

I love Tag Team Wrestling, and recently I was just watching that awesome 10 team match from the '88 Survivor Series. It's sad that will probably never happen again because of the WWE's uncaring about Tag Teams.

If these recent cuts and unnecessary splits hadn't have happened, the WWE could most definitely have a Tag Team Division that would be quite impressive.

-The Hart Dynasty
-Cryme Tyme
-Dudebusters
-Gatecrashers
-The Uso's
-Slater and Gabriel
-Hennig and Rotunda (Or Joe with Mike Dibiase)
-Los Aviadores
-South Beach Party Boys

They definitely could have had really good Tag Team Division, but the WWE just doesn't care about Tag Teams anymore.
Yeah , but none of those teams are good or have potential to be good!Is not a matter of financial resources, WWE just doesn't have enough quality on their roster because in 2010 they are more interested in bringing 'the HOF' sons who are not always worth!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow I didn't know Watson & Young were actually once a tag team in FCW, I just made that up and got the South Beach thing from Young's NXT nickname, thats odd & interesting.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Yeah , but none of those teams are good or have potential to be good!Is not a matter of financial resources, WWE just doesn't have enough quality on their roster because in 2010 they are more interested in bringing 'the HOF' sons who are not always worth!

How do we know if these teams aren't good enough or don't have any potential if the WWE won't give them any airtime? I'm not just pulling names out of thin air. I've seen these teams work either on Raw, Smackdown, or FCW. They are good enough, IMO to have a good tag team division.

I've seen the USOs and the Dudebusters have a really good match against each other.

I've seen Los Aviadores, and they can be an exciting, high flying, Lucha Libre type team.

Splitting up Cryme Tyme and the Hart Dynasty was a terrible move, IMO. Cryme Tyme was the most over Team in the WWE. I know that's not saying a whole lot, but they were.

If they think Tyson Kidd and D.H. Smith are having trouble getting over as a team. They're definitely not gonna be as single's wrestlers.

I'm not a wrestling genius, but this stuff should be remedial!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I have a question... when did skip sheffield go black?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LMAO I got the same question from another forum I posted this on, and I don't know whats up with the render I used, guess his moving on from Nexus and making his own Nation of Domination.

·
Premium Member
44,203 Posts
It always seems like whenever they stumble onto something good with tag team wrestling or might start to get some depth, they pull the rug out from under it. Why'd they split The Harts up? Neither guy is nowhere near being ready for a singles run. Going back, WGTT, why split them? They obvious worked better as a team as neither Haas or Benjamin was ready. MNM was an unfortunate victim of Mercury's bad behavior, so I can't blame them for that. But still, it almost feels like why get excited over a tag team as they'll probably be split in a year anyway.

The biggest tell tale sign of WWE's lack of interest in promoting their tag division was at Mania XXV. We had Miz & Morrison Vs. The Colons face off to Unify both sets of Tag Team Championships...and they turned it into a dark match at the last minute, and nobody seemed to care. That speaks volumes for how little tag team wrestling means to the current WWE product. Sure Jerishow Vs. DX headlined a PPV, but I think that was just so they could say DX won the tag titles rather than establish anything significant as the tag titles faded away again almost immediately after that.

·
Registered
934 Posts
they need guys that are talented in the ring, have a semi-charismatic look, and even then it takes a lot of working together to become a great tag-team, like the few in TNA

taking random guys from FCW that are green and making gimmick tag-teams out of them will not do good for anyone

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's been like this since the Brand Extension all the way back in 2002. Roster split= less wrestlers on each roster= significantly less wrestlers for singles competition if one was to built a tag team division.

At least that's what I think.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
It's been like this since the Brand Extension all the way back in 2002. Roster split= less wrestlers on each roster= significantly less wrestlers for singles competition if one was to built a tag team division.

At least that's what I think.
There's more than enough people for a good tag team division, and the rosters keep getting bigger with all of the NXT people coming in. Just look at all of those teams the OP had not to mention Cryme Tyme, The Harts, and all of the other teams they've ruined. Plus, most of the guys in that list wouldn't cut it as singles guys anyway.

It always seems like whenever they stumble onto something good with tag team wrestling or might start to get some depth, they pull the rug out from under it. Why'd they split The Harts up? Neither guy is nowhere near being ready for a singles run. Going back, WGTT, why split them? They obvious worked better as a team as neither Haas or Benjamin was ready. MNM was an unfortunate victim of Mercury's bad behavior, so I can't blame them for that. But still, it almost feels like why get excited over a tag team as they'll probably be split in a year anyway.

The biggest tell tale sign of WWE's lack of interest in promoting their tag division was at Mania XXV. We had Miz & Morrison Vs. The Colons face off to Unify both sets of Tag Team Championships...and they turned it into a dark match at the last minute, and nobody seemed to care. That speaks volumes for how little tag team wrestling means to the current WWE product. Sure Jerishow Vs. DX headlined a PPV, but I think that was just so they could say DX won the tag titles rather than establish anything significant as the tag titles faded away again almost immediately after that.
agreed.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
There's more than enough people for a good tag team division, and the rosters keep getting bigger with all of the NXT people coming in. Just look at all of those teams the OP had not to mention Cryme Tyme, The Harts, and all of the other teams they've ruined. Plus, most of the guys in that list wouldn't cut it as singles guys anyway.
I Agree

it comes down to the WWE not using wrestlers and instead doing one of these...

a. jobbing them out with no character development
b. having them featured on WWE Superstars and having matches which'll go nowhere.
3. not featuring them on TV at all.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
How about....

They're song can go "They're called perfection!........Duh..Da Da, Da Da Da......Perfection!"

·
Registered
189 Posts
How about....

thats actually a really good idea. seems like they would make a perfect pair.

i could see some of these people teaming:

evan bourne & kaval- i bet these 2 could put some on some good matches together.

tyler reks & r-truth- if r-truth droped this stupid gimmick they could make a good heel tag team i think.

zach ryder & jtg- they could be party guys kinda like the rockers

chris masters & otunga- they have the same type of build, i really dont have any other thoughts on this team but it would make a team!

and if i had to pick dream teams:

sabu (circa mid 90s) & wcw era mysterio

big show & andre- billed at a combined hight of over 16ft tall!! ( or whatever it would be)

yokozuna & mable- might need to reinforce the ring

and id have ultimate warrior and the iron shiek do commentary....

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
Mark Henry & Ezekiel Jackson w/Abraham Washington (Monster Heel Team)
David Otunga & MVP (The A Listers)
Husky Harris & Michael McGullicuty (2nd Generation Team)
Ted DiBiase & Brett DiBiase
Hunico & Epico (They could get over in WWE with today's young audience)
Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston (Their styles will make them an entertaining tag team)

All potential good teams.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Re: Tag Team Wrestling (Please Read!) **NEW TEAM IDEA ADDED**

South Beach Party Boys

NEW TEAM ADDED**
The Husky Brawlers
Husky Harris? More like American Dave Mastiff. Beach Party Boyz? They might as well to a brand tie in with Jersey S-oh wait....

also how about Miz and Evan Bourne

1 - 20 of 20 Posts