Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It isn't perfect, but tag team matches are getting A LOT better, the teams have become more developed, there is more than one or two entertaining teams in the WWE (Rhodes, Shield, PTP, Usos, etc.), and they are getting solid storylines and upper-mid card, main event slots on Raw and SD. I love it, its a great step forward. Anyone else feel this can become a potentially great division in the near-future?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I also feel its getting the right push. Tag team division is getting good again.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Agreed.

And yet, PTP haven't even gotten a title run.

However, the biggest problem is that they seem to always give the titles to a last-minute team, which knocks down the credibility of all the other tag teams on the roster. Before, it was DB and Kane. Now, it's Cody Rhodes and Goldust. It would be nice if PTP, Usos or Real Americans could ACTUALLY WIN the titles after a hard-fought match.

Reactions: ABrown

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Agreed.

However, the biggest problem is that they seem to always give the titles to a last-minute team, which knocks down the credibility of all the other tag teams on the roster. Before, it was DB and Kane. Now, it's Cody Rhodes and Goldust. It would be nice if PTP, Usos or Real Americans could ACTUALLY WIN the titles after a hard-fought match.
To be fair you just listed 2 examples of teams WWE pretty much had to put the belts on because of their momentum. Stuff like Kofi/Truth though? That definitely didn't work haha.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Woah slow down. Tag team in wwe is getting a little bit better but I wouldn't say it matter again. That tag title can be rid of tomorrow and nobody would care. The teams are weak and irrelevant. Wwe need to establish their tag teams, build the division, showcase the tag title matches on meaningful bases often etc.

Same goes to the world title. Just because cena is competing for it once or twice doesn't mean the title will be elevated to its glory days

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
Agreed.

completely agree. I like the Rhodes Bros, but they shouldn't be tag champs. The fact that they got a tag shot after just being "rehired" made no sense.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Meh not really. After last weeks awesomeness I was expecting them to build on it and make Rhodes/Shield more personal but they categorically positioned them both as opening match guys tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
The Rhodes brothers winning the tag titles are half the reason they are relevant again, though. If it was just the Shield beating semi-established teams, the titles would still be an afterthought. This way, it shows that the belts can be fought over with emotion due to the storyline that led to the belts being won by Cody and Goldy. Add to that the fact that the Shield value the belts highly enough to try and regain them and you have the foundation being laid for the teams that are now semi-established being able to compete with more crowd involvement and enjoyment.

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
Woah slow down. Tag team in wwe is getting a little bit better but I wouldn't say it matter again. That tag title can be rid of tomorrow and nobody would care. The teams are weak and irrelevant.
the shield are weak...name me a better in-ring team on the planet right now. shield have been putting on match of the night near every night and all without the use of smoke and mirrors such as tlc matches, powerbombing 80 year old women through tables et al

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Meh not really. After last weeks awesomeness I was expecting them to build on it and make Rhodes/Shield more personal but they categorically positioned them both as opening match guys tonight.
With Cena coming back the Tag Title match was always going to be 4th most important on the card, so yeah it's totally opening HIAC.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
Last week the tag titles was the main event. That just speaks for itself. Tonight 5-6 matches were tag matches. Obviously Hunter wasnt lying when he said he wanted to focus on the tag division, and he is doing exactly that. When was the last time we saw a triple threat tag match for the titles? HIAC is promising.

And dont worry about PTP. They had their experimental run and it was a crowd success, so they will get a real run soon. Patience is virtue in this industry.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
When every tag team can speak for themselves that's when you can start to say this. Nobody can doubt these guys as in ring-talent and "wresters". The question is do they have the ability to speak and have an agenda, and be able to tell the audience what their agenda is. Wrestling matches are only one half of this business. There needs to be more promos for them, and more storyline feuds with actual reasoning behind them.

·
Registered
500 Posts
This topic comes up every 6-9 months. Right now the tag division looks good, but until they built fueds with wrestlers that are actually in the division, not singles stars put together, it will continue to have its ups and downs. When the PTP is fueding with the Real Americans and the crowd acts like they care, then the tag division will matter again.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
252 Posts
It isn't perfect, but tag team matches are getting A LOT better, the teams have become more developed, there is more than one or two entertaining teams in the WWE (Rhodes, Shield, PTP, Usos, etc.), and they are getting solid storylines and upper-mid card, main event slots on Raw and SD. I love it, its a great step forward. Anyone else feel this can become a potentially great division in the near-future?
1. A part timer and up and comer
2. Usos
3. Shield

Yeah, the tag division is back!!!1!1!!1!!one!!!

Reactions: padraic

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Now just imagine how much better it will be one The Ascension debuts.
about as good as it has been since the Wyatts debuted.

There is 2 tag team feuds going on right now. And both are getting slight effort put into them, so it's a start.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
It's certainly in a better shape than in the last few years.

Rhodes Brothers
Shield
Los Matadores
The Real Americans (or whatever the fuck their name is)
Usos
Wyatt Family
PTP

Decent.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts