Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody else see that brawl between the Guns and Gen Me on reaction? I might be exaggerating here but it seems like the best thing that has happened in 2010. I mean it might even be better than the matches that they've put on in the past.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
It was phenomenal tag team brawl.

·
Premium Member
44,201 Posts
It was pretty awesome and it came off as a real fight, even with the Pro Wrestling moves thrown in. I wish they had promoted it or something as like a Re-Action main event for a few weeks, but as a self contained bit of viewing, it was pretty awesome.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
It was pretty epic, I liked the bit at the end where Max was tied in the corner and was taking superkicks to the face over and over again, Max yelling "Is that all ya got" then spitting in the Guns faces followed by getting two kicks to the face.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I enjoyed it I just hope they follow it up on this weeks Impact. I think it was also better without the cast members around it had a real good feel to it.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
That Sliced Bread onto the guard rail was epic... Fuck they must have been sore afterward.... They really should show a replay of it on Impact this week.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
That was just an awesome fight. You could feel the intensity. It was different, and extremely well produced.

What I found interesting was how Alex Shelley kept screaming "We brought you here!" to GenMe. Did he mean that the Guns convinced TNA to sign the Bucks? Or that the Guns' exciting style of tag team wrestling paved the way for GenMe?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Didn't like it at all personally. If they are going to promote a "fight", I do not want to see the Bucks doing their flippy-dos and whatnot. I thought the commentary was awful. The way the whole thing was shot was very annoying as well.

Empty Arena matches are beyond stupid since nothing has its impact since a match is supposed to have reception from a...what is that thing called? Oh yeah. CROWD

·
Registered
752 Posts
It was pretty cool, but I felt sorry for Gen Me, and I don't think that's what they were going for. I think the Guns took it too far. It makes sense that they could or would because of everything Gen Me has done, but I still think they took it too far when they had Max tied up in the corner.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I thought some of the spots were a bit silly to do in such a match, though I think GM's handstand/headscissors/dropkick combo is so awkward that it looks out of place in any situation, and the camera work was an issue, but overall, I thought it was good and better than 95% of recent TNA brawls and street fights. Still, I thought it had two big problems.

1) The face/heel dynamic at the end--two babyfaces tie up one heel and repeatedly kick him in the face, which the heel no sells and then defiantly screams and spits in his attackers' faces--was screwy.

2) It felt like a blowoff angle--the babyfaces got their revenge and completely destroyed the heels in a big gimmick match. That's not necessarily a problem, but it's likely they're going to turn around and do another match at the PPV in 2 weeks, and it's not like GM had much credibility or were shown to be equal to MCMG over the last couple months (they've lost every match but that 8-person clean and definitively, and had maybe 1-2 wins in general on Impact/PPV in the last handful of months) where they could be killed in such a way 2 weeks before another match.

Also, it could be viewed by some as spoilers so I guess be warned...

According to Meltzer, they're going to reair it during this week's Impact which would mean those 4 didn't end up killing each other for a segment that only <1/2 of the normal audience in TNA's primary market saw, which I guess is good for them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts