Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE (especially on commentary) have been making lots of hints at "I wonder if this will bring the tag team division back to life". Air Boom in my opinion will drop the tag titles to Awesome Truth at Night Of Champions, but I see them having a lengthy reign to try and restore the prestige of the bronze straps.

However, for this to work they need to go through some credible tag teams, they need to face credible opponents and we need some classic matches/feuds over the belts to make them seem worth having again. In my opinion, the following are things we can look forward to.

Awesome Truth promos - The promos these 2 put on are often the highlight of Raw. Having them win the tag title and retaining their current air time will instantly put the spotlight on the tag titles. Miz headlined WrestleMania, him caring about and defending the titles should make them seem important.

The Uso's - While I'm not a mark by any means, the Usos have impressed me over the last few months with their entrance and the matches they put on. Feuding with Awesome truth over the belts would be a good way to go initially.

Kings Of Wrestling - I know nothing about these guys other than what gets said on here, but if I'm to believe it all we can expect an exciting team and some excising matches for the belts.

Singles wrestlers forming teams - Air Boom just seems too thrown together for me, but on the other hand Miz/Truth works really well. Re-focusing on the tag division would be a good way to give singles guys with not much to do some meaningful TV time.

Beer Money? - Take the rumours online with a pinch of salt, but the rumours of Triple H been keen to bring these 2 in would be fantastic for the tag division. Beer Money are the best (non AJ Styles) thing about TNA, and would be an asset to WWE.

Team 3D? - When their contracts were due to end last year there were rumours that WWE considered bringing them back in. This year both Bully Ray and Devon have lost a lot of weight, got into shape and improved on the mic. I think bringing in an old legendary team for one last run (they can still go really well imo) would also put the current crop over and restore interest in the division.

I'm excited to see where the tag division goes over the next year, do you guys have any further points to make on this?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
The WWE does'nt have any real tag teams with the exception of the Uso's
Beer Money....believe it when I see it
Dudley Boys.......Cool but old stuff
awesome truth.....thrown together
Kow.....waiting for it.
The WWE needs real tag teams and fast if your really gonna
make a tag team statement then how about a tag division
like yesterday...Rockers,Midnight Express,Killer Bees,L.O.D,
Power and Glory,Shiek and Nikoli,Harlem Heat,Brothers of Destruction
E&C,and many more till its like that then I don't really see a tag division
in the WWE

·
Registered
604 Posts
Perhaps a lure is there for some mid-carders struggling to get tv time to go into tag teams as a chance to get a push.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Don't forget ZigSwag! They already have a credible, angle-driven dynamic with their potential to be partners at odds, coupled with the fact they've one thing in common - a manager caught in the middle.

All I ask though is that WWE puts down it's hard-on for trying to package every guy as a potential singles star, and starts to present these upcoming teams as cohesive units. Air Boom should have matching attires and be announced as 'Air Boom'... the same goes for Truth and Miz. A proper tag division isn't just about sticking two separate guys together and putting them in week-by-week segments.

·
Blastcraze The Berserk
874 Posts
Everyone in Beer Money and Team 3D are getting singles pushes.

I'm not sure they'd come to the WWE on the faith that the WWE is serious about tag teaming.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Tag Division is still dead. They need to continue this way for at least 2-3 months in order to reinvent it.

·
Registered
16,339 Posts
I am hoping for a Tyler Rekks and Hawkings tag team as seen briefly on Raw, that could be good. I am a fan of them both, the fact they got screen time must mean something.

Miz and Truth are also becoming the new, New Age Outlaws? Their skill on the mic and the chemistery they have talking together is great. You can see from last Monday the Miz is loving it.

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts
I don't think there is a place for it right now. If the past tells us anything, it tells us that everytime the tag team division has benn strong, the singles mid card has also been strong. The foundation will always be singles wresting, so how can we expect any long term tag teams if the singles division is desperate to the point that they will have to borrow any potential star from a tag team and just split them up.

I love tag wrestling, but this thrown together generic bs will not work and if they bring those gus over it will only be a matter of time until they will be breaking them up for an attempted singles push.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Until WWE prove they're willing to have established tag-teams beat random main-event pairings I'll not get my hopes up. The tag-team champions should be better as a unit than, for example, Mark and Sheamus (I pick them because neither have won the tag titles). I reality we all know the tag-team would only win when the singles guys fell apart and started fighting each other.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Bring Beer Money and Team 3D in the ranks if need be. Beer Money is gold waiting to be cashed on, along with the Kings of Wrestling, and Team 3D are always a great veteran tag team. Plus, Devon will get to hold onto more gold.

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts
Until WWE prove they're willing to have established tag-teams beat random main-event pairings I'll not get my hopes up. The tag-team champions should be better as a unit than, for example, Mark and Sheamus (I pick them because neither have won the tag titles). I reality we all know the tag-team would only win when the singles guys fell apart and started fighting each other.
I agree 100%. It put the tag team over to the moon while not damaging the main eventers at all. It could even be used to establish fueds between the main eventers as they will want to blame the other one for the loss.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,622 Posts
Can't imagine Beer Money joining WWE any time soon, they are both getting big singles pushes and Roode is most likely going to win the world championship at TNA's equivalent of Wrestlemania. Team 3D are getting pushes too. Unfortunately I can't see WWE's tag division improving anytime soon.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Beer Money wont be going to th WWE, they tried to sign Bobby Roode two and a half years ago but he rejected them when they wouldn't let hi keep his name, Roode signed a five year contract, it'll be early 2014 before he is free.

I'd love to see the WWE sign The Kings of Wrestling, The Briscoe Brothers and the Young Bucks, that would be a huge indication they're serious. I'll reserve judgement though

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
Beer Money wont be going to th WWE, they tried to sign Bobby Roode two and a half years ago but he rejected them when they wouldn't let hi keep his name, Roode signed a five year contract, it'll be early 2014 before he is free.

I'd love to see the WWE sign The Kings of Wrestling, The Briscoe Brothers and the Young Bucks, that would be a huge indication they're serious. I'll reserve judgement though
Any word yet on the Young Bucks being signed as the had a tryout a few weeks ago?

·
22,784 Posts
Looking at what they are currently doing with the tag division I have zero interest in it still. Don't care about the Uso's. Don't give a flying fuck about Truth and Miz. Air Boom is a retarded name and Kofi is a pile of shit. Otunga & McGulgiutltlyuytytrlfkljgjhsfbjkbashb are the dullest pairing I've seen in years. Ummm... is there anyone else? Even IF a great team should come to WWE, they have utter shit to work with. WWE would imo need a handful of new teams signed and debuting around the same time (maybe a tournament for the tag titles, with them advertising a new team each week or something) so they can work with each other and only occasionally with the current crop of crap.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts