Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about tonight's Gutcheck challenger and the first female? On the Nay side she lost to Tara who just overpowered her despite a good effort and getting the crowd behind her. On the Yay side, you just can't help but cheer for a girl who achieved her childhood dream after a Cancer scare at 21. Her fate will be decided next week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Definitely a yay for me. Going on a live show and nailing her moves almost flawlessly, on top of just turning 23 , fighting a veteran almost 20 years older, she held her own and looked great doing it.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
She doesn't look that thin on photos. Not my taste. Lack of charisma? Check. Mediocre at best in the ring? Check. Vanilla? Check. They'll hire like that jobber Alex Silva.

She got a "no" from myself in the voting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
She doesn't look that thin on photos. Not my taste. Lack of charisma? Check. Mediocre at best in the ring? Check. Vanilla? Check. They'll hire like that jobber Alex Silva.

She got a "no" from myself in the voting.
Thin? shes currently @ 112 lbs 5 8''. perhaps you are looking at photos from 2010?

·
Premium Member
44,393 Posts
I think the Knockouts could use some freshening up and she seemed OK. There is room for polishing though.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think she needs more time in OVW, so I'll give her a "No". And honestly, even being from Louisville and OVW practically 5 minutes from my house, I don't think any of the wrestlers from OVW that have not previously been in other wrestling organizations are ready. Unfortunately we'll probabaly have OVW as the main gateway for the gutcheck opponents. OVW just isn't big enough and tour enough, or have interpromotional relationships with other Indy promotions to properly season their wrestlers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
She looked great, so she gets a yay from me. The current Knockouts champ has put on matches FAR worse than what we saw from this girl. I like her look, but it could use a little tweaking cause it still looks pretty "indie". I think her and Tara put on a solid match, and she got a live crowd behind her pretty well. Good to see her overcoming cancer and getting a shot at her dream.

·
Registered
52 Posts
She looked skinny with arms and legs like matches and overall unattractive. That's all have to say about it.
Well either way people will say she is too thin or too fat.She's lost at least twenty pounds in the last two years. At least she is the lesser of the two evils.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
She's as green as the Chicago River on St. Patrick's Day, but I think she has potential. The cherry red hair helps too, but that is just my opinion. I say sign her to a developmental deal at OVW. In 6 months to a year she will be ready.

Edit - I just saw a couple posts up that she is already from OVW. She needs more time there IMO before she is ready for TV.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I don't really know what to think of her. Even in OVW I've never seen her in a good match, they seem to run 1 minute WWE style women's matches. She's cute at least. They can easily do better with a whole truckload of more prominent women of the indy persuasion but considering the relationship with OVW I can see them giving her a shot.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
I don't see the difference with signing and letting her train in OVW till shes ready than WWE signing chicks and having them train in FCW to those who are thiking "NO".

Anyways, I say "Yes", haven't seen her match with Tara but I've seen enough of her work to judge, shes got mad potiential and I like how she brings energy and passion to her matches.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yay...I think she did a very good job for her debut and like someone else said had the crowd behind her against a long time TNA veteran so that's saying something for her first match. She also showed a few nice moves and had a good look that wasn't generic. Yay so far, we'll see how her mic skills go next week.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I like her looks, but she is just too green right now. I do think the knockouts need some fresh faces, but there are better candidates than this one. Have her improve some for another year in OVW and then give her another try.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts