Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something that was in my head last night after watching RAW and all the tension between Orton and Hunter. What if Sheamus is going to return at TLC and become the new Unified champion and the new Authority champion turning heel in the process? People are saying that Triple H is going to be the new champion but what if they will find a way to do this when Orton and Cena are both down and Sheamus makes his return, Brogue Kick both of them and thus becoming the champion?

·
Lurking & Excellence
120 Posts
If in kayfabe wise the only thing needed is to wait on ladder matches for an unscheduled wrestler cash-in to claim a title, then how come it doesn't happen all the time?

I don't get this? Is there something about tlc matches that mean a randomer can just come in and raise the titles? I can understand if they do that to gatecrash someone to the main event, but whats the upside? They wouldn't be recognised and we'd have another Vacant run.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is just my theory. People said that Hunter is going to become the new champion after he is going to Pedigree Cena and Orton, climbing the ladder and grab the titles.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If in kayfabe wise the only thing needed is to wait on ladder matches for an unscheduled wrestler cash-in to claim a title, then how come it doesn't happen all the time?

I don't get this? Is there something about tlc matches that mean a randomer can just come in and raise the titles? I can understand if they do that to gatecrash someone to the main event, but whats the upside? They wouldn't be recognised and we'd have another Vacant run.
I suppose the only logical way of making something like that work (implying that WWE Creative ever think logically) is that The Authority have the power to stop, re-start or add participants to matches however they feel necessary.

I'd actually quite like a heel Sheamus on the side of The Authority.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Triple is the COO he can do whatever the fuck he wants in kayfabe, including putting himself or someone else in any match.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I suppose the only logical way of making something like that work (implying that WWE Creative ever think logically) is that The Authority have the power to stop, re-start or add participants to matches however they feel necessary.

I'd actually quite like a heel Sheamus on the side of The Authority.
Well Vicky did that with Edge when he returned remember? added him mid match I believe.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
If that's going to be the case then f*ck that.

Let's get Sandow to run down with his CONTRACT for his cash in as it turns out he only ever handed over the briefcase which did not contain the contract inside and at the end of TLC Sandow walks out unified champion. Aaaaaaaah that has a nice ring to it. Never going to happen but let a ninja dream, damn!

·
The Loose Cannon
5,830 Posts
You know who I thought of instead of Sheamus?

BATISTA!

If they want a swerve at TLC, I think this is the way to go.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Can someone explain to me how someone who isn't signed for the match can just come out halfway through, climb the ladder and be declared the champion? It may seem like a cool swerve but it makes zero sense

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Can someone explain to me how someone who isn't signed for the match can just come out halfway through, climb the ladder and be declared the champion? It may seem like a cool swerve but it makes zero sense
And yet it has been THE most discussed "possibility" on here.

It would be one of the worst finishes ever, and would get even worse as the weeks went by and they tried harder and harder to explain it.

2 ways this travesty could occur

1) There was another name hidden in the contract for the match and both Orton & Cena forgot how to read when they signed it.

2) At some point during the event, even during the match, it is announced that it is now a triple threat match. The match starts with Cena and Orton in the ring, waiting but getting impatient for the third participant then just start fighting among themselves. It isn't revealed until the finish, when the music hits and the person comes out and cleans up on a weakened Cena and Orton.

Sucks.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
And yet it has been THE most discussed "possibility" on here.

It would be one of the worst finishes ever, and would get even worse as the weeks went by and they tried harder and harder to explain it.

2 ways this travesty could occur

1) There was another name hidden in the contract for the match and both Orton & Cena forgot how to read when they signed it.

2) At some point during the event, even during the match, it is announced that it is now a triple threat match. The match starts with Cena and Orton in the ring, waiting but getting impatient for the third participant then just start fighting among themselves. It isn't revealed until the finish, when the music hits and the person comes out and cleans up on a weakened Cena and Orton.

Sucks.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
David otangu comes with a lawsuit in the middle of the match that puts him in the title match, Cena and Orton are both down. He climbs the ladder and gets the title. :woolcock:woolcock:woolcock

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts
Triple H could exert his authority in such a way, threatening to fire the referee if he doesn't call for the bell. Even if it is a bit inconsistent, there have been far larger inconsistencies in WWE in the past.

As for Sheamus becoming unified champion, I wouldn't mind. He's a great wrestler, he has a lot of personality (when he's given the character to show it off) and even if it's a total flop, it couldn't possibly be any worse than the work Orton has been doing recently.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I think it would be a pretty cool ending. As others have said, HHH has the ability to stop, start, and alter matches as he sees fit. Vince did it at one point to SCSA, when it looked like he was going to win against whoever the hell he was fighting, Vince suddenly turned it into a Hardcore match. Then a Falls Count Anywhere match, or something like that. It makes perfect sense in context and I have zero problem with it.

·
WWE Youtuber
2,464 Posts
this is just my theory. People said that Hunter is going to become the new champion after he is going to Pedigree Cena and Orton, climbing the ladder and grab the titles.
Triple H is not becoming the champion lol.. Sheamus winning is ridiculous enough but Triple H? Come on now, even he knows thats not good for business.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.