Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me paint you a picture...

I had my fuckin speakers half way up, (With no sound emitting from them...so I was unaware of the volume) the time was about 11:30p.m. My neice was up stairs asleep mind you, and the room was quiet and peaceful.

I click to go to a topic....and

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

I just wanna rant my outrage at the ass spelunkin pricks that made that ad.

THANKS FOR WAKING MY GOD DAMN NEICE UP!!!!

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
A perfect example of why to always check the volume beforehand.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know yer talking to a man that goes to a store to get numeric birthday cake candles, and winds up looking for the sizes 2 and 9 instead of the numbers, right? (I honestly did that tonight. I'm a maroon! Forgot it was my sis's fience's B-Day...) I do shit like that all the time though...like getting creamed corn instead of kernel, or string beans instead of sliced...it's what makes me, me. I'll start feeling bad about it when I come home with shit that's not even CLOSE to what I was sent for.

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
Oh well. If you bring home the wrong things just play clueless and pretend you have no comprehension of what you were actually sent for.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, that ad is very annoying, especially when your trying to listen to some music and you hear BZZZZZZZZZ every two seconds. I had to download Adblock for Firefox to shut that damn thing up.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TheUnholyDragon said:
Oh well. If you bring home the wrong things just play clueless and pretend you have no comprehension of what you were actually sent for.
Kinda hard when you're holding a list. :D

It said: "Fast Flow nipples, Candle's 2 & 9"

None of the packages of bottle nipples said fast flow (I later found out it says it in the upper left corner...in very small print!) so I got Even Flow...which turned out to be SLOW flow...(That tricky corner got me again!)

The candle's though...I don't know what the fuck I was thinkin. Well I know what I was thinkin "2 candle's...maybe 9cm's height"....(coulda been right!)....but I wasn't.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
As bad as that would have been, you will only get the staff here saying things like "you n00b turn your speakers down".

It's just another one of those stupid W-E things. I agree it sucks, but the admins will try and convince you to love it.

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
I_AM_SlaM said:
Kinda hard when you're holding a list. :D
Could have pretended to be illiterate.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Haha, you got owned.

And I have yet to see this sweet sounding ad. Hmm...

Oh shit....post 5,999......6,000, here I come!!11!1

·
Banned
731 Posts
shifty_badger said:
Yeah, that ad is very annoying, especially when your trying to listen to some music and you hear BZZZZZZZZZ every two seconds. I had to download Adblock for Firefox to shut that damn thing up.
there are other pop ups that make annoying sounds. I don't get them anymore because.....

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Kaneanite said:
Haha, you got owned.

And I have yet to see this sweet sounding ad. Hmm...

Oh shit....post 5,999......6,000, here I come!!11!1

I'm not kissing ass, but congrats to having over 6000 post.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kaneanite said:
Haha, you got owned.
It was bound to happen. :D I'm not really that upset about it (but it's rants...so I had to put on the anger facade...) it just got annoying...every page having that ad on it. Have yet to get it today though.

One things for certain...it doesn't come close to that annoying hick ad for the debt consolidation from days past.

The >C< Man said:
As bad as that would have been, you will only get the staff here saying things like "you n00b turn your speakers down".
The only people that'd call me a n00b for that'd be n00b's themselves. What's there to make me a n00b, not knowing the volume level on a pair of speakers connected to a computer that isn't my own and I wasn't on all day?

oWned? You betcha...(and quite frankly I enjoy the feeling...keeps me on me toes!) But "n00b"?

Think it's time we started a thread with the definition of what that word means, because a lot of people have been tossin it around and making themselves look absolutely foolish in the process.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
I haven't seen this ad yet, but thanks for the heads up.

On the Metallica forum I admin at, we've got this ad advertising tupperware containers or some shit. And when you least expect it, it pops up...

"DO BULKY STORAGE TABS MAKE ORGANIZING YOUR KITCHEN A MESS?"

Or something like that. It's over 2 mins long, and even gives you a phone number in the end.

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
That one is tres annoying.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I_AM_SlaM said:
The only people that'd call me a n00b for that'd be n00b's themselves. What's there to make me a n00b, not knowing the volume level on a pair of speakers connected to a computer that isn't my own and I wasn't on all day?

oWned? You betcha...(and quite frankly I enjoy the feeling...keeps me on me toes!) But "n00b"?

Think it's time we started a thread with the definition of what that word means, because a lot of people have been tossin it around and making themselves look absolutely foolish in the process.
Wtf man? I didn't say you were a n00b, and I know the meaning of it. I was saying that's probably what you'd hear coming out of one of their mouths. I hate the word n00b and I never use it, but I did in this case because it is something they say on a regular basis.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GOD DAMNIT...now the Duck Hunt ad oWned me!

I wasn't singling you out...that was just a generalization of what you said and how I see it. So don't take it personaly. It's true though...when folks like wvaslob are totin the word in their posts, you know it's startin to get a bit tarnished.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts