Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was anybody else hoping Swagger would win that match? I thought he needed the victory way more than Bryan. It would have been pretty intriguing to have Swagger go over the U.S. champ clean, setting up a nice feud for that title in which Bryan would ultimately retain. But wait, Swagger's on Smackdown. Damn roster split. Oh well. It would have been a lot better than Ted DiBiase.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
With Bryan directionless I thought he'd beat Swagger and Swagger attack him after the match. Maybe a rematch at Survivor Series..I don't know.

He did need the win far more though.

When Dibiase came out and attacked Bryan, I pretty much called the whole segment a failure.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
As much as I dislike DiBiase - they could have a decent match if it is booked at SS. But then again Bryan has the ability make other superstars look good.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Well, Bryan defeating Swagger clean was indeed weird because Swagger is a former world champion so at least he should be ranked higher than Bryan, Bryan could have won by a roll-up or something like that so it wouldn't have hurt Swagger's credibility much. But i don't think Swagger needs the victory more because he's not involved in any program right now so if he had won it would have not mattered much while Bryan has been on a roll by picking up consistent victories over the past couple of weeks and he's about to feud with DiBiase so he needs to gain some momentum and defeating a former world champion is a great way to do it, so it would have been a waste if they had let Bryan lose to Swagger. I'm glad they go with DiBiase/Bryan feud by the way.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Erm no offense but did you watch the show? Clearly they needed to set up dibiase vs bryan angle so him coming out and assualting a beat down and beaten Bryan would have done nothing for dibiase and generated zero heat.

I wish people would step back apply common sense before asking silly question.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Hell no. Bryan is a much better wrestler than Swagger and contrary to what WWE portrays, Bryan does have some charisma and isn't as dull as a post as he's made out to be, while Swagger has all the personality of a rusty nail.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Erm no offense but did you watch the show? Clearly they needed to set up dibiase vs bryan angle so him coming out and assualting a beat down and beaten Bryan would have done nothing for dibiase and generated zero heat.

I wish people would step back apply common sense before asking silly question.
What are you talking about? I meant that I hoped the match would go in a different direction before I knew anything at all about DiBiase. And besides, it wouldn't matter what kind of state Bryan was in after the match because DiBiase couldn't generate heat in a fucking desert.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Was anybody else hoping Swagger would win that match? I thought he needed the victory way more than Bryan. It would have been pretty intriguing to have Swagger go over the U.S. champ clean, setting up a nice feud for that title in which Bryan would ultimately retain. But wait, Swagger's on Smackdown. Damn roster split. Oh well. It would have been a lot better than Ted DiBiase.
No rather than backtrack clearly you are saying here you would have prefered Swagger to have gone over, over Dibiase, Swagger had his push and drew nothing Dibiase and Bryan much more interesting.

Swagger is now the Heel jobber on SD , With Kofi occupying the adacent Face role

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
no i was pulling for bryan to win, he's the united states champion and, like swagger, is also a rising star so no, he shouldn't have his momentum slowed down.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No rather than backtrack clearly you are saying here you would have prefered Swagger to have gone over, over Dibiase, Swagger had his push and drew nothing Dibiase and Bryan much more interesting.

Swagger is now the Heel jobber on SD , With Kofi occupying the adacent Face role
OK. So because I would have preferred Swagger/Bryan over DiBiase/Bryan, I didn't use common sense. I see. Clearly common sense dictates that DiBiase/Bryan would be the superior feud, therefore I should not have an opposing viewpoint.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No. Why should the US champ lose to someone who hasn't be relevant since he lost the WHC a few months ago?
Because I think he should be relevant, and a feud with Bryan would help him. Like I said, I would have Bryan go over in the end, but it's not going to damage Bryan's credibility at all to lose a match to a former World Champion. Everybody knows that Bryan is amazing.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Because I think he should be relevant, and a feud with Bryan would help him. Like I said, I would have Bryan go over in the end, but it's not going to damage Bryan's credibility at all to lose a match to a former World Champion. Everybody knows that Bryan is amazing.
Exactly YOU THINK i,e its your opinion stop trying to force it on others, I agree there is no harm in losing to a former champion (Y2J,Boreton,Trips etc) but to have swagger a guy who has no heat or power at all and can do NOTHING for business defeating the U.S champ clean in a one of match makes no sense (even in P.G era) from a story telling or business point of view the only reason he was there was to set up the DIbiase angle it could ave been any mid-bottom card SD heel Swagger is irrelevant in the situation.

Deal with it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yeah J.R. said, "JACK SWAGGER can beat anybody in the WWE!" And I wanted to believe he was right... We were both crushed when he jobbed to a midget.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah J.R. said, "JACK SWAGGER can beat anybody in the WWE!" And I wanted to believe he was right... We were both crushed when he jobbed to a midget.
Well, he beat Randy Orton fair and square, so theoretically J.R. is right.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Swagger winning would have done absolutely nothing for him and would have really only made your US champ look weak, which is the last thing the belt needs coming off Miz's dud of a reign. Their match was very good though and shows how entertaining wrestling can be when two guys that excel in the ring work together.

As a side note, I hope the Danielson/Dibiase feud is short and sweet. I'm glad that we're going to see a feud for the belt but Ted sucks and won't do anything to help BD's star rise.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Yes, it would.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I don't care what anyone else says, I kind of enjoyed that match. I say kind of because, well I wish it could've been longer. I would really love to see these 2 in a best of 3, first fall pin, second submission and third fall if needed (which it better be if they're going to do it) would be last man standing. I'd love even more to seen them in an Ironman match, but that wouldn't happen any time soon.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts