Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this week on Raw and Smackdown, while the group of mid-card heels were cutting a promo, Swagger has just lost all presence and sense on that mic. Yes, although I can not critically judge, due to the fact he gets no time at all on that mic out of the whole group, to me I just think by listening to him, he has just lost his touch. Remember when he won the WHC on Smackdown? Although his build up to the main event level was arguably rushed, Swagger was cutting excellent promos and he was able to make the crowd react to him on the mic. Now, for some reason, he's just become mediocre and bland on the mic, which is quite frustrating. Do you think Swagger has lost his SWAG or is it just me?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swagger never had a presence on the mic.

He was able to make a crowd react to him, so early in his career. I think someone has presence if someone is able to make the crowd react in that way.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
I don't think Swagger has lost his touch. Swagger has no real connection to Triple H. HE hasn't even interacted with the guy like the rest of the "Otungalliance" have. He has no ties to this storyline other than being with Vickie's client and Dolph's tag team partner (for the time being). Why should his character have as much to say as the rest of them?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
He's gone from SWAGG to WAGG. That's what a depush will do to your confidence.

All he needs to do is spend time with Ricardo Rodriguez and David Otunga. Then he'll be fine.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Not so sure he ever had any "swagger" to himself outside of his last name. Why is it that people who want to prove other people wrong in the argument of whether, or not this man had it on the mic, they use his "Trophies Promo" as an example? Give that up already. Granted he isn't the least talented on the mic, but that's a horrible example to use as a positive to his mic work.

Personally, I thought that he would turn "face" once Jim Ross returned, buy then JR was beat down by Cole, and then Jack Swagger himself. At that point I thought Jack would turn on Cole, and help J.R. just because of their common "Oklahoma State Pride". Unfortunately, Dr. Death Steve Williams died, but I seriously thought Swagger was turning face, and going to be guided by Jim Ross. Think about that one, and let it soak in your brain.

Ross is on color commentary, and so at any point he could put Jack Swagger over. I don't want to call this kid the next Dr. Death, but something along the lines of a coach type relationship. Maybe as a pay of respect Swagger starts rocking Dr Death Steve Williams attire. His current attire is awful, and he is copying Angle way to much. No one remembers Williams as much as they do Angle, and right now Swagger is to much of a rip off, rather than his own character.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Everything about Swagger sucks and it always has.

Even his theme music is stupid. Why would an 'All American American' come out to music heavily inspired by Rage Against the Machine? Does anybody recall this?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Swagger didn't lose anything, he is just rebuilding himself to actually having a relevant role other then losing to peeps to help them get over with the crowed. After Swagger lost his WHC he was cutting great promos and getting the crowed hot, seemed more confident. Swagger and Ziggler are working excellent together, and making the mid card scene look nice.

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts
He never had any swag, bro. The only swag he's got is in his name. Jack Swagger? More like Jack Stutter. He's also gangly as fuck. And what is up with those caveman arms, is he dragging his knuckles on the mat looking for berries?

·
Registered
363 Posts
He never had any swag. He bored me to death with his "my father sat me down and told me that I'm going to..bla, bla" repetitive promos. His promos where he showed all his kayfabe accolades was mildly annoying and boring. His feud with Bigshow was the first time in years when I cheered for Bigshow.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts