Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Not sure if Harold leaving would change anything
If NJPW chose to partner with AEW with talent exchange agreements under new ownership. AEW would treat the NJPW wrestlers right and showcase them against their own. Be great for the fans. Good for NJPW, with access to Ortiz, Santana, Lucha Bros, elite, etc. For their big events.

Everyone wins

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,438 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it, but Suzuki leaving would make sense as he's reached his ceiling in NJPW and doesn't seem like someone who wants to be in opening tags with the dads.

Reactions: Mordecay

·
Registered
282 Posts
Suzuki needs a reign of terror with the heavyweight belt before he retires. I’m not holding my breath though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
If NJPW chose to partner with AEW with talent exchange agreements under new ownership. AEW would treat the NJPW wrestlers right and showcase them against their own. Be great for the fans. Good for NJPW, with access to Ortiz, Santana, Lucha Bros, elite, etc. For their big events.

Everyone wins
Why are people assuming that it is entirely Harold's decision? For all we know he might get replaced and NJPW will continue to ignore AEW.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Suzuki needs a reign of terror with the heavyweight belt before he retires. I’m not holding my breath though.

Brother, I wouldn't be surprised if Okada walks out with all the gold on the 5th. Lets just see if ANYONE can win the belt off him first.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Why are people assuming that it is entirely Harold's decision? For all we know he might get replaced and NJPW will continue to ignore AEW.
Good point. We don't know for sure if it was NJPW giving him the boot, if Harold just decided to leave, or if it was a mutual agreement. Further, as you stated, we don't know whether or not he will be replaced. I guess we'll just have to wait and see until a better report comes out or if we start to notice changes after WK.

I'm assuming that there will be very few real on screen changes as to what's currently going on, I'm guessing they just won't be coming to the states as much but who knows.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts

Suzuki has notoriously bad title reigns when on top. The GHC Heavyweight title run was a flop and nearly killed the company (along with awful booking), the Triple Crown runs aren't fondly looked at all. And that was when he was younger. That and he isn't signed, is reasons why he hasn't been champion in New Japan. Other reasons probably too. Just to give you closure, it's not happening.

This. Harold was the figure head but there is other people with so much influence and power that we don't know about. Kiddani is still around, too.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts