Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It always annoyed me that WWE never tried to make Survivor Series a tournament.

Teams of either four or five would fight maybe three matches in an eight team format and the winners get guaranteed title shots. If it was five guys, you could have a supposedly random draw for the winning team and WWE, IC, US and Tag Team title shots could be drawn (and this even means there could be a jealous argument afterwards) with the Survivor Series winners getting shots at the next PPV (or maybe even a couple of the matches being on TV) and the notion of a team striving to get the opportunity at titles could work well.

It would allow a mixture of face vs heel, face vs face and heel vs heel matches and could create new rivalries and freshen things up.

Some teams could be pretty obvious bunches of similar guys while others could be 'odd' groupings with a mixture of styles or even a couple of tweeners or borderline wrestlers who might not fit with the others at first appearance.

Lucha Dragons, Neville, Sami Zayn and Hideo Itami would be an NXT orientated high flying team.

Kevin Owens, Big Show, Mark Henry, Kane and Ryback would be a team with powerful guys who have a habit of falling out with others and shifting back and forth from face to heel often (apart from Owens in WWE, who has been a heel since the end of his first night) and this would be an obvious dysfunctional team.

A mixed team could be something like the Dudleys, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback and Daniel Bryan. A random group of faces.

There could be say, eight teams, three bouts each and a winner on the night of Survivor Series.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something else that I thought about in regard to this idea is that all teams could be led by former world champions.

There could be one on one qualifying matches for captain spots with only wrestlers that have held the WWE World Heavyweight title, the WWE title or the World Heavyweight title being eligible.

Another element is that the captain format would allow some of the part time older wrestlers to come in for Survivor Series in a tag team role. The likes of Y2J and RVD who are known for having short stints with the company. That format would let some older retired wrestlers maybe have very short runs too.

This format would even work with mystery teams or even the lottery style teams from WCW.

· Registered
729 Posts
I love your idea, I'm up for any creative idea and if I'm not mistaken I think a came up with an idea similar to that in my head and played it out using my action figures when I was younger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.