Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
60,000 Posts
TBH I gave them a bit of leeway here because I think WWE probably had the crowd turned way down to prevent CM Punk chants and AEW chants. Like they were definitely chanting shit during the main event but I couldn't make out any of it really. Bayley was reacting to the crowd a bunch
If that's the case, it's WWE's fault for bringing Punk back with a Chicago ppv coming up.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,809 Posts
6/10

Shayna was the right winner, fuck Boring Becky and Bayley. Ripley was also the right winner.

Fuck Roman Reigns, no shock they’d have that piece of shit win.

Match of the night goes to BAY BAY and the Bruiserweight. I’m pissed Dunne lost, but, what a great match.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
There's something seriously broken with the roster right now, there's just not much heat to anything.

Seth is getting that Reigns reaction though, I kind of like that, it's better than nothing.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,730 Posts
Terrible show. 2/10. WOAT booking. The 5v5v5 matches were as trash as I thought they would be. A bunch of dumb eliminations and teases that never got to play out. You tease Strowman vs Kieth Lee but you don't have them fight? What the fuck are you saving it for? WWE always strives to do the bare minimum and it's fuckin annoying. That shitty booking in the womens elimination match also made no sense. What was the point of having Io and Candice leave and come back? I was actually enjoying it until they booked that garbage. You're pushing the fuck out of NXT all night trying to make them look like the superior brand and trying to make them look strong, and that's how you go about booking them? Again, they tease a bunch of shit like Sasha/Bianca and Kairi/Io and under-deliver. The main event was boring as hell and the wrong woman won. With the women main eventing, I thought they would bring out Ronda Rousey but they did it just so Shayna could get the win and stand tall at the end?? Who the fuck is booking this shit?

Fiend vs Bryan was trash. THAT'S how you bring back the YES chant? REALLY? Under red fuckin lights?? Brock vs Rey was also hot trash. Same old Brock nonsense. Dominic coming out didn't entertain me one bit. What a disappointment of a show.

·
Registered
810 Posts
7/10. I have to be honest I only watched certain things. That’s the way to watch WWE now. There’s so much stuff so just watch what interests you and skip the rest.

-AJ vs Nakamura vs R Strong was very good
-Adam Cole vs Pete Dunne was also very good
-Fiend vs Daniel Bryan was the best Fiend Match so far
-Men’s elimination match was good but WALTER being the first eliminated was ridiculous.
-I skipped the Lesnar/Rey Match. Lesnar is now on my skip list. Every Lesnar Match is the same.
-Becky vs Bailey vs Shana Bazler was fine. I did find it funny how at the end Becky just jumped up like she was fine when Shana was standing over her.

·
Registered
12,531 Posts
There was some good stuff on the show. And I'd have to go back and look, but off the top of my head this feels like one of the better PPV shows they have done in a minute. Some obvious complaints about the show, but I would give the show a passing grade.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The only rememberable thing for me is how awesome Keith Lee is. Thats how you build a new upcoming underdog. Everything else was your average WWE production.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
The only rememberable thing for me is how awesome Keith Lee is. Thats how you build a new upcoming underdog. Everything else was your average WWE production.
The last thing Lee should be is a underdog, the size of the guy lol. But he definitely came off like the biggest star from NXT.

·
Southern Pride
2,909 Posts
Yeah, no way Keith Lee should ever be an underdog. The size and ability that he has.

6/10 is fair. It wasn't absolutely horrible by any stretch but there were some slow and boring parts to it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
6/10 entertainment wise because honestly not even a single match was remarkable. 4/10 for all the poor choices they made with this PPV. By making NXT win 4-2-1 they've basically buried their own main roster. Not to mention that way to many performers looked so dumb and weak during their matches. Also, I believe the Fiend should have squashed Bryan considering he recently lost to Adam Cole. Also, making Strong win against Styles and Nakamura was very stupid

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
It was on while I was working and I watched some parts of it. Daniel Bryan vs The Fiend was the MOTN and maybe the MOTY and it's why I loved this shit called wrestling, they should have a rematch at Mania but we know it ain't happening. Lesnar Rey had its moment but of course it had to end quickly because it's Lesnar. The women 5vs5 match was bullshit and they made that NXT girl look like shit after putting her over at Takeover. The men 5vs5 was a giant load of crap with quick eliminations left and right with the Vince guys staying, the only good thing was the Keith Lee showing and we know he ain't doing shit on the main roster, so we can call this the peak of his career. Thank god I skipped the "historic mainevent". They're trying hard to put over the developmental brand for fuck's sake fpalm 6/10

·
One Winged Angel
3,703 Posts
5.5 or 6 out of 10. It was a pretty decent show with a horrible main event. The men's elimination match was good and the NXT Championship match was fantastic. The men's three way match was well below what I was expecting in terms of quality. The women's elimination match was alright and Lesnar/Rey was fun for what it was. I can't believe I bought into Rey winning after him and Dominic hit the frog splashes. Silly me. The Universal Championship match was forgettable, and the red lighting was annoying and unnecessary. I guess they use that for all of The Fiend's matches?

This was the first WWE PPV I watched from beginning to end in years (minus the pre-show), and while I wouldn't say I was at all disappointed aside from the main event, it's not something I would go back and watch again.

·
Banned
894 Posts
NXT winning the night, is yet, another attempt by WWE to get you to watch on Wednesday nights and not AEW. "They're the superior brand beating both Raw and SmackDown, so please watch this coming Wednesday and see where they go next". That's probably the tagline, right? It wouldn't surprise me to see some Raw/SmackDown talent on this weeks show either, just to clean things up.

Takeover was great, but also, brutal. Everyone, other than Adam Cole, sold any type of injury from the night before. I thought that was really dumb and took away any of the shine they had coming out of the show, which made it even more of a head scratcher when they won the night.

Overall, I'd have to say 5/10? There was some good, there was some bad and there was everything else in between. Everything else in between, is how I gauged the show.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
4.7/10

Now lets be honest here, that's not all on the booking, but majority is. The crowd for the absolute most part was DREADFUL and I was more annoyed with the crowd throughout the show than anything else, especially when it was really good wrestling going on.

Another thing I had a MASSIVE problem with was the booking of the matches themselves, so many of them felt like they were booked in a different era. They had high octane, exciting performers being limited to slowing things down to snail pace which again doesn't make sense when they go HARDER and faster at raw's and smackdowns. The only match that the pacing of the match made sense and was excellent, was Dunne vs Cole because of the brutal matches they had the day before because they both killed themselves and had injuries which played into the story of the match.

I can't for the life of me understand what they did in the Nakamura/Styles/Strong match, close to everything the wrestlers executed was done as good as it can, BUT why the hell did they book it that way? It wasn't coherent, it was all over the place, not moves wise, but the booking of it. It didn't feel like a fight, it felt like performers just doing moves on each other trying to remember script. It actually started out really good with Nakamura looking fresher than he has in forever and I was getting into it, then the match just had so many stop-go phases I was just out of it and couldn't care less. I wish this match had taken place at AEW. I feel sorry for the performers.

The woman's survivor series match was just a massive choreographed cluster fuck where it looked, again like wrestlers were more mindful of remembering spots than trying to wrestle, they need to stop this fucking overbooking of shit and just let wrestlers wrestle and just have a few key points in the matches that they have to build into the match and they can build up to it however they (wrestlers) want themselves as long as they reach those key story points.

I really liked the Daniel Bryan vs Fiend match, by far the best of the show in my opinion (along with Dunne vs Cole), just enjoyed it from start to finish and I don't have anything to complain about. Could it have been better? Yeah, but none of the stuff they did was incoherent or felt like a clusterfuck and crowd sucked a little less in this at least in the end stretch of this.

The Men's survivor series match... I am not the biggest WALTER fan, I don't think he's bad at all, but he's not my cup of tea exactly. That being said, the booking of him was absolutely fucking horrendous, he IS the WWE NXT UK champion and aside from a few spots, he was booked like an absolute joke, when he is a MONSTER and has legitimacy built behind him AND he is a leader of a massive faction, the main one in NXT UK. I was so angry with the decision to basically job him out and thank fuck so was the crowd that at some point chanted bullshit if I am not mistaken. They did SO much damage to him, imperium and NXT UK with that fucking moronic booking, I feel sorry for all of them. The highlight of this match for me was pretty much Ciampa and Gable, everything else was just there. Same problem here as well with overbooking shit to death and killing it completely, so much potential, but in the end just massive disappointment, like usual.

Not sure what to say about Brock vs Rey, it wasn't horrible, it had its moments, I felt Brock worked a lot safer with Rey than I've seen him work others, he seemed to have a non-kayfabe respect for Rey that I haven't seen for many others, quite interesting. Rey's son coming in and having a few moments as well was fun and he didn't look bad in the few spots he had + his selling was good and credit to Brock, he was selling really great as well. I want to like Brock because when he bother and cares he IS so damn good, this wasn't a suplex city match at all and he can go, I just wish he cared about wrestling and wrestling fans, oh well. Good for what it was.

The main event felt choreographed, never found a rhythm and crowd was absolute garbage, I feel sorry for all of them.

WWE booking just hurts so much GREAT talent that don't get the chance to shine in the ring like a lot of us know they can. I would put a nice wager on THIS card being at an AEW PPV blowing the fucking doors and roof off and out of the building, massive shame.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts