Wrestling Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1431 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Tremendous PPV, the only missing was there's no title change. The men's tag team match should've end the show, the crowds in arena start losing their energy after 5 vs 5 vs 5 match.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
After 5 years of beating every single guy on the roster? You call losing 2 matches being geeked out?
Having your only one on one victory over Seth Rollins be a cheap MITB cash in and then lose the title back to Rollins (who is selling an injury) a month later is being geeked out.
Yeah okay, losing to someone selling an injury far outweighs nearly 5 years of dominance as champion. I'm surprised Lesnar has so many marks considering Cena and Reigns were so hated. Tonight was Superman booking at its worst. Also let's just forget Lesnar hearing Rollins at Royal Rumble and the match that set Lesnar up for Undertaker in 2015. I feel so bad for that up and coming young Brock Lesnar.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: Spoiler alert!!! NXT is getting unnecessary wins?

Internet complains WWE cant make new stars.

WWE gives new stars a few wins on a PPV.

Internet complains about new stars winning.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Michael Cole talking during The Fiend's entrance...my fucking lord. Shut the fuck up. Talking about random stupid shit the whole time. Killed the moment. And that obnoxious red lighting.

If it's hard for me to watch two of my favorite performers go at it (Wyatt and Bryan) then the main roster has a huge problem. This is why I don't watch this crap.

Adam Cole vs Pete Dunne was sick af though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just getting caught up on this omg I laughed so hard at the reaction from Heyman when Lesnar got hit in the balls... "Omg!!! Brock?!?!" lol

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Michael Cole talking during The Fiend's entrance...my fucking lord. Shut the fuck up. Talking about random stupid shit the whole time. Killed the moment. And that obnoxious red lighting.

If it's hard for me to watch two of my favorite performers go at it (Wyatt and Bryan) then the main roster has a huge problem. This is why I don't watch this crap.

Adam Cole vs Pete Dunne was sick af though.
Thought the same thing... but that’s Cole. He doesn’t seem natural or genuine in anyway, even after all of these years. Let those moments breathe...

I mean, of course it’s probably just Vince telling him to just regurgitate garbage there, but you would think with Cole’s experience and position in the company he’d be better in those moments, but he’s not. He’s simply just really, really bad.

And yeah, the red lighting sucks. There’s a reason they stopped doing it with the Kane matches 20 years ago.

·
Ho!
17,541 Posts
Ended up watching the show since I had the network subscription for the Taker interview.

Well... I watched some of the matches. The women's 5-on-5-on-5 was weak. Cole/Dunne for the NXT Title was really good and the MOTN. Universal Title match was good, but The Fiend taking that much offense and Bryan getting as many two counts as he did kinda makes Seth look weak. Seth had to do a lot more to get a two count on Bray. Bryan hits a few moves and one running knee and we get a near fall. Makes no sense and is just setting up The Fiend as more beatable than he was against Seth so it won't look as awkward when Roman beats him. Speaking of, 5-on-5-on-5 men's match was pretty good. Finishing sequence was fast, but good. The finish shows that Roman's still Vince's guy - despite some saying the cancer changed that. Roman eliminates the guy clean that eliminated Seth clean. That says it all. Brock/Rey was OK for what it was... Rey got a decent nearfall that made sense considering it was No DQ and Dominick got some form of payback on Brock... at least for a little bit. The women's main event fell flat, was probably the weakest match that I watched along with the women's 5-on-5-on-5. NXT champ wins, Becky stands tall. Would've made sense to have NXT roster to come out and celebrate since they break kayfabe for this kind of stuff anyway.

Overall not a terrible show. Not enough to make me want to watch Raw or Smackdown though... only thing I'm slightly curious about is who is Brock facing next? Hopefully not Seth, but don't see any other options at this point? At least no one they set up. Raw got destroyed at Survivor Series. Hell, both men's and women's elimination matches had the Raw team go out first.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It's really simple, if Ronda Rousey was not returning tonight, there was no reason for the Women's Triple Threat being the Main Event. I honestly expected post-match when Becky took down Shayna and was standing on the announce table to hear Ronda's music. I mean something to make it worth being the main event of the second longest running PPV in WWE. The match itself was boring; as a matter of fact most of the PPV in general was rather boring. Rousey returning for a face to face with Becky Lynch would have at least left a good taste in my mouth at the end of the PPV, but as it was Survivor Series was overall not a very good show.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
thought most of the matches were boring.

all of the single title matches were a miss for me. Brock vs Rey is a waste of time. Fiend matches suck and Cole vs Dunn shouldnt be on a non nxt ppv.

The mens elimination match should been last.

·
Super Moderator
25,839 Posts
Damn, a big 4 ppv and not even 1500 replies in this thread yet.

Anyways, not surprised they made NXT look strong tonight, but on the flipside, they've kinda booked themselves into a corner (surprise, surprise) in that now you figure they have to feature NXT in the Royal Rumble and allow the winner of it to challenge for the NXT title, and for the NXT title to be featured on Wrestlemania. I mean, you can't really have them dominate like that and then just go back to being the "alternative" brand that rarely interacts with the main roster. If anything, Raw should probably be designated to the developmental/alternative brand now lol.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yeah okay, losing to someone selling an injury far outweighs nearly 5 years of dominance as champion. I'm surprised Lesnar has so many marks considering Cena and Reigns were so hated. Tonight was Superman booking at its worst. Also let's just forget Lesnar hearing Rollins at Royal Rumble and the match that set Lesnar up for Undertaker in 2015. I feel so bad for that up and coming young Brock Lesnar.
1. I CLEARLY SAID ONE ON ONE MATCHES. The only time Lesnar has beaten Rollins in a singles match was because of a cheap MITB cash in. The Royal Rumble Match doesn't count because it wasn't a singles match. 2. Are you really counting a DQ victory? LMAO you are seriously reaching. That Rollins crap at SummerSlam was FAR WORSE than what Lesnar did tonight.

·
Registered
620 Posts
6/10
Average show. NXT was better the night before.
Good to see Cole, Wyatt, Ripley and Lee look good though.
That red lighting for Wyatt matches HAS to go however.....

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts
a fun show with mostly good matches, i hope that something will come of them building up the nxt talent particularly rhea. but who knows, they could forget all about that and just focus on pushing seth and roman for all eternity.

1401 - 1420 of 1431 Posts