Wrestling Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1431 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Main event was horrid.
Match quality overall was good but nothing spectacular.
Mens SS match was the most surprisingly good.

The whole show as f*cked from the start due to how poorly the storylines where developed and how nothing at all had any meaning.

It was probably smart of them to have NXT win it to create future storylines, but man what a shit show in terms of story telling.

Why can't WWE have good main events? Their main events ALWAYS suck and fall so dry, no matter who's in them it seems.

·
Registered
20,695 Posts
I understand why NXT won the most but Smackdown fans spent all year hoping there would be redemption for their 0-6 drubbing and all they got in return was a 2-5 showing with only one win via pinfall. RAW went 1-6 so they will obviously win next year. Smackdown is the red-headed step child of WWE.
I'm just going to say this doesn't really feel like a thing. My time on the site all I see is how terrible Raw and SmackDown are compared to NXT. And how SmackDown has feel off recently. Just sounds like folk can't bitch about WWE making NXT look weak so they're grasping at AEW and wow the main roster looks weak straws.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
So what would've been a proper way to book NXT. They win the night and somehow that's still wrong lol
IMO the brand vs brand vs brand format is kind of bad. So, I dunno I'd book NXT to have a great Takeover and not put them on Survivor Series. But I dunno I haven't been watching any of the shows, so maybe the cross-brand stuff was epic and I just don't get it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Why in the hell did Bayley have to tap of all things?!? She needed this win far more than the other two and SmackDown is made to be the damn Z show...scratch that, they don't even get a letter, yet again.

Both Sasha and Bayley both coming up short and being made to look shit booking wise just ruins any potential feud between the two that should be something good for a change. Why invest in them now with the continuous bs? Just two nobodies... ?

Only good to come out of the women tonight is Asuka, Io, and Candice being protected.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,586 Posts
I just don't get why that match ended the ppv, at first i thought it was because Ronda was gonna return at the end but that didn't happen, so it just boggles my mind as to why that main evented. The entire ppv was built around the 3 brands colliding, why not end the ppv with an actual Survivor Series match where the team of NXT would win and they all come out and celebrate? Having Shayna win and then no one coming out and her just getting beat up made no sense at all.

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
The 2 mins of Gable and Riddle we got was the best part of the show. Probably the best wrestling anywhere on the planet in 2019.

I need that match immediately :mark:

And GOAT D Bry getting the biggest reaction on the show. Fuck you Vince for never realizing what you had.

:yes

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Men's SS match was my favourite of the night tbh. Fun but clusterfucky match.

Main event was meh and I hate Shayna Baszler.

Women's SS match was fun too, but the ending was kinda ass.

Brock vs Rey and Bray vs DB both ended exactly how I thought they would. The Dominic stuff in Brock vs Rey was cool though.

·
Registered
20,695 Posts
IMO the brand vs brand vs brand format is kind of bad. So, I dunno I'd book NXT to have a great Takeover and not put them on Survivor Series. But I dunno I haven't been watching any of the shows, so maybe the cross-brand stuff was epic and I just don't get it.
Then that's fair, but the arena crowds have by far been enjoying the lead to Survivor Series this year and hell last year.

1381 - 1400 of 1431 Posts