Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay judging by the thread title you're probably thinking, "What the hell is this idiot talking about?" Well I'm talking about none other than WWE's investment in John Cena and Randy Orton as key players in the industry today. Looking back on the careers of these two men, you can tell from day one WWE had their eyes on them and at SS 2003 they were testing the waters as John Cena picked up the win for Team Angle and Orton picked up the win for Team Bischoff. It can also be said that WWE were trying something with Batista as he did play a huge role in helping Orton win.

At the time you don't really appreciate these thins but as time passes by things begin to unfold.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You could possibly go even further back than that, as Summerslam '03 saw Orton in the main event (but losing) and No Mercy '03 had Cena feud with Kurt Angle, You're right that it was around that time that these two began their climb to the top.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Thats actually right around the time i started watching. Good times. I was the biggest Benoit fan around didnt trust Cena quite yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts