Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm surprised at how clean her loss was. Great match by the way. A couple of botches but the end result was still really good. I love Bianca Belair. I was thinking Charlotte would cause the no-contest, but she came in after the match ended. Her attack on Bianca afterwards can be settled in a 1v1 between Charlotte and Bianca on NXT or RAW in which Rhea could stick her nose in, but I don't think the attack was enough to justify Bianca being added in for the Triple Threat at WMania. You think she will still be involved in Rhea vs Charlotte somehow? If so, how should they go about adding her? I think the only logical way is to have Bianca beat Charlotte via maybe a fluke roll-up on RAW or NXT, then use that as justification to try and get in the match. After the run Bianca has been having, I don't think it would be fair to leave her off of Wrestlemania completely. Not one bit. But after losing so cleanly, I don't know how they could spin it to add her to the match. If she's NOT added, what does she do for WM season? Nothing at all?

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,637 Posts
I'm not. They're both going to be stars, but Rhea is going to be the face of the women for a very long time, even when she gets called up to the main roster at some point. She's got pretty much everything they want for the woman in the top spot to have when you think about it.

·
Registered
22,863 Posts
Rhea winning clean surprised me as I thought they would find a way to get her in to the Mania match. And they still could, but it's a lot harder to justify her getting in there now. Now, maybe I shouldn't have been surprised because while Rhea was the one to end the Shayna title reign, Bianca has lot basically every big match she's ever been in.

She might be another case like Alexa Bliss where she never wins a title in NXT but does on Raw or SD. As for Mania, unless she can find a back door to Mania, she'll be a top candidate to win the Battle Royal on the Pre Show, and that's about it.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
It was obvious she was losing clean long ago. This was always going to be a battle between the present and future women's aces. Even aside from that, this being Rhea's first TakeOver after beating Shayna should've made it obvious.

·
Standing with The Man
5,986 Posts
The ending was kinda abrupt but it shouldn't have been surprising, Rhea is being positioned as the next Charlotte and it makes sense for her to 1 on 1 with Charlotte in such a high profile match in any other event than Mania I'd love to see a 3 way but if this is to be Rhea's big push she must do it 1 v 1 against Charlotte at Mania rather then have someone else there to take the loss something I don't think Belair can afford right now. I'd actually put Belair against Bayley and have the current 3 top female NxT stars fighting for all 3 titles.

·
Custom User Title
6,355 Posts
How many title matchs has Belair lost now? There's definitely a "finally wins the big one" storyline ready for her
At this point, I think Bianca is pretty much main roster bound. She's someone I see who is going to do better on the main roster in terms of accolades than NXT. I feel like the opposite for Io Shirai. Whose ceiling is super high on NXT, but going to be incredibly low on the main roster just because of how different the main roster operates compared to NXT.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Trips you got this shit in reverse dude. Charlotte Flair should have came out during the Bianca Rhea match.

Create-a-wrestler Sonya Devill default settings should have came after the match with Tegan and Dakota.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
I expected it and it damn well should've been clean. You don't give your new big babyface champ anything but a clean finish at her first PPV as champ.

For me the finish was brilliant. It was Rhea outsmarting Bianca in that top rope position and taking advantage of that. It wasn't out and out Bianca getting smashed by something, then Rhea taking her time to pose and then hit the riptide. Two different things.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not as surprised as I was when she squashed Santana Garrett last week on NXT. People get surprised when new green wrestlers are pushed to the moon with no reason instead of working hard for some years to get there properly.

·
Registered
685 Posts
If the Charlotte/Rhea match at WM is gonna be even half decent, it needs to stay a one on one match. They've gone to that triple threat well every year for WM it seems. To make that happen, Bianca had to get rolled clean the way she did.

I like the idea of sending Bianca up to SD to challenge Bayley though. I think that'd be a fun match to watch. Then... dare I say it? Sasha vs Bianca?

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
Rhea should have won, she's on a hot streak. Bianca has potential big time but its just not the right time RN

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
926 Posts
The finish was a little abrupt , great match otherwise , I hope she gets to be added in the WM title match the way you suggested ( by beating Charlotte )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts