Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always one of the fun parts of the Rumble are the surprise entrants. Some years have been way better than other years (don't really remember last year). Who do you think will be a surprise entrant? Who would you like to see?

I'd love to see Booker T, ofcourse with his "sucka" gimmick, not King BOOKA. I've always been a fan and one last Spinarooni would be epic.

I have a feeling we'll see either Sgt Slaughter or Jerry Lawler in there.

Triple H.

Perhaps Chris Jericho but I doubt it.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I'm willing to bet that with all the matches Lawler's had recently they'll randomly decide to throw him in there, only for someone totally irrelevant to eliminate him.

OR they could put on a massive swerve and have Lawler winning, setting up and epic Miz vs Lawler Wrestlemania main event...nah, I can't say that with a straight face.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
If it ain't Gangrel, Steve Blackman and Vader I don't care :lmao... I mean long gone are the days of real random surprise entrants. Someone they just plucked out of thin air. That's what used to get me hooked on the Rumble match.

They have Val Venis working backstage now, could throw him out there for a one off appearance.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
If all goes to plan...

The Rock
Brock Lesnar
Untertaker
Chris Jericho
Batista
Triple H
Kurt Angle (With his Gold Medal gimmick)
JBL
and... Perry Saturn

lol

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Unless you count Edge as a surprise, last years rumble was one of the first I believe to not have a surprise entrant/former WWE star in the rumble.

WWE could bring in random people every year to be in it, but who knows if they'd actually do it or not.

But I'd rather see someone like Ryder,Yoshi in the rumble over people like Snuka,Piper since Snuka,Piper are in the match just to get small excitement into the match which shouldn't be needed.

Though if they were to add someone like Booker in there, the fans would be cheering or booing him for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Don't know about that, RVD's surpise entrance at the 09 Rumble was a huge shocker to me.
It would have been for me too, but some idiot made a thread here with the title "RVD backstage at the Rumble". And it wasn't my fault for exposing myself to spoilers. I was just trying to get to the Discussion Thread. :cussin:

I agree with previous posters about random entrants being more fun now than big returns. Unless its The Rock, Angle, or Austin.

We need some Scotty 2 Hotty, Rikishi, and Grand Master Sexay dancing in the ring again. Some JBL, Zack Gowen, Malenko would be fun.

Watch the surprise entry be Bret Hart.

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
Unless you count Edge as a surprise, last years rumble was one of the first I believe to not have a surprise entrant/former WWE star in the rumble.

WWE could bring in random people every year to be in it, but who knows if they'd actually do it or not.

But I'd rather see someone like Ryder,Yoshi in the rumble over people like Snuka,Piper since Snuka,Piper are in the match just to get small excitement into the match which shouldn't be needed.

Though if they were to add someone like Booker in there, the fans would be cheering or booing him for sure.

Beth Pheonix?

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I hope Ricardo Rodriguez comes out as #29, stuns the crowd by quickly eliminating everyone (including Cena and Orton). Then he spends the next half minute introducing entrant #30, and soon to be winner of the 2011 Royal Rumble, Alberto Del Rio.

But when the countdown hits zero, Muhammed Hassan comes out as the last entrant.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Nash.

Would mark out if Goldberg came out and went crazy, been minor hints at it in the past month, a slim chance of return towards/at Mania.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
I'm willing to bet that with all the matches Lawler's had recently they'll randomly decide to throw him in there, only for someone totally irrelevant to eliminate him.

OR they could put on a massive swerve and have Lawler winning, setting up and epic Miz vs Lawler Wrestlemania main event...nah, I can't say that with a straight face.

It would be hard to explain Lawler's absence from commentary if you're trying to make him a surprise entrance.

OT: Brock Lesnar.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I hope they get someone exciting to put in their, I dream of guys like AJ or Joe coming out in the Rumble but that's never gunna happen. I'd settle for a Perry Saturn one night return though.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts