Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of everyone in TNA history. Who has had more success in TNA than anywhere else but were successful elsewhere(like ecw,wcw,wwe) before joining TNA.

People like anderson,pope,aj,joe had better careers in tna than their old companies but they didn't have recognizable success in their old companies.

Guys I'm referring to are ppl like Nash,Angle,Sting who have won world championships before being in TNA. They haven't had more success in TNA however than in their old companies so they wouldn't be able to be in this topic.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Re: Superstars who had more success in TNA(but were successful before they were in TN

I suppose you could consider Christian as one .Matt Morgan too ,he went from a stuttering no body to legit wrestler but he wasn't any bit successful,you can add Pope too the list too and Anderson once he wins the title.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Re: Superstars who had more success in TNA(but were successful before they were in TN

Scott Steiner had more success in TNA than he did in his last WWE run, which was embarassing.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

I think you could probably name Angle, anyway. He did hold every title in TNA at the same time.

·
Registered
341 Posts

From a financial and mainstream recognition stand-point, no one from WCW or WWE has been more successful in TNA. It's all been a step down for them.

Only people like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, coming from the smaller, less-known ROH have had more success and recognition in TNA.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts

In simple terms i think every former WCW had less success in TNA and every former WWE had more success in TNA.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Ken Shamrock, Ron Killings and Raven all won the NWA World Championship in TNA. Ken Shamrock was WWF Tag and IC champ before, Ron Killings was in WWF before, Raven won titles in ECW, WCW and WWF before. Gail Kim was the first Knockouts champ, and had the Women's Championship in WWE before.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts

More fun to watch in TNA, Pope, Morgan, Christian, Kurt Angle..

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

The first name that obviously comes to mind is Christian Cage. Other guys like Anderson & Pope will join him soon.

You could argue Kurt Angle either way.

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts

The first name that obviously comes to mind is Christian Cage. Other guys like Anderson & Pope will join him soon.

You could argue Kurt Angle either way.
Other two, probably yes.

Angle, No, just no. Angle will always be remember for his successful WWE career. His rookie year alone is more successful than most of the wrestling world combine.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

Monty Brown played in a superbowl before signing up with TNA if that counts.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts

And you consider his run in TNA to be more successful than playing in a Super Bowl? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

And you consider his run in TNA to be more successful than playing in a Super Bowl? :rolleyes:
:sad: Should have read that more closely, I missed the word 'more'. Forget this ever happened.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts

From a financial and mainstream recognition stand-point, no one from WCW or WWE has been more successful in TNA. It's all been a step down for them.

Only people like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, coming from the smaller, less-known ROH have had more success and recognition in TNA.
Joe - yes. AJ - No. Aj made his TNA debut in 2002(same thing with ROH) and became the world champ in 2003(and only a tag champ in ROH). AJ=TNA.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts

How has Jeff Hardy had more success in TNA? He is a multiple time WWE Tag Team Champion with Matt and a former WWE Champion and World Heavyweight CHampion. Kurt Angle is debatable, but I wouldn't conisder going from headlining WrestleMania's to working in the Impact Zone as more success. If Anderson wins at BFG his case is probably the best one.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts

Anderson wrestled the Undertaker and Randy Orton in WWE. I don't think TNA can really match that.

I mean, seriously, Hardy and Angle have been "more successful in TNA"? Are you joking?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Anderson wrestled the Undertaker and Randy Orton in WWE. I don't think TNA can really match that.

I mean, seriously, Hardy and Angle have been "more successful in TNA"? Are you joking?
Kevin Nash drew more money in 1996-1998 than Undertaker has drawn his entire career. Randy Orton? RANDY ORTON? The Ratings Killer himself? Please. Randy Orton is the farthest thing in the world from a draw. Not his fault, he has all the talent in the world, it is just that he is not a draw, not a superstar. Not yet, not without some work from the WWE machine.

Look, as for Angle, you have to define success. In my eyes he was never "the man" in the WWE as he is in TNA. He is the greatest of all time in TNA history and the most legendary man in the history of the company. He is basically the Hulk Hogan (WWF) or Ric Flair (WCW) of TNA. His arrival in TNA, and feud with Samoa Joe, literally tripled the average company buyrates. He held every title in TNA.

Yes, he was once in a bigger pond (WWE), but he was a bigger fish in a smaller pond in TNA.

So, do you want to be a big fish in a small pond or just another good fish in a huge pond? Like I said, you can argue it either way, but he was alot like Undertaker when he was in WWE. He wasnt a huge draw. Rock & Austin drew all the money then like Cena does now.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts

Kevin Nash drew more money in 1996-1998 than Undertaker has drawn his entire career.
Are you fucking retarded? Undertaker is among the top draws of all time, behind only Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. I'm pretty sure he was #5 on Meltzer's list of all time draws (Sammartino was #1 due to the absurd amount of time he was WWF champion.)

Edit: Actually, it turns out he's ahead of Austin. Also, Flair doesn't draw shit apparently.

Randy Orton? RANDY ORTON? The Ratings Killer himself? Please. Randy Orton is the farthest thing in the world from a draw. Not his fault, he has all the talent in the world, it is just that he is not a draw, not a superstar. Not yet, not without some work from the WWE machine.
He's not a draw? Pretty sure his fued with the McMahon's gave RAW it's first 4.0 since the Benoit debacle, in 2009.

Look, as for Angle, you have to define success. In my eyes he was never "the man" in the WWE as he is in TNA. He is the greatest of all time in TNA history and the most legendary man in the history of the company. He is basically the Hulk Hogan (WWF) or Ric Flair (WCW) of TNA. His arrival in TNA, and feud with Samoa Joe, literally tripled the average company buyrates. He held every title in TNA.
He may be the greatest in their history, but TNA is still a young company. I mean, who has he got to go up against, Jeff Jarret? Because they dropped the ball on Joe big time, even if he did get the company their biggest buyrate ever with Angle.

Yes, he was once in a bigger pond (WWE), but he was a bigger fish in a smaller pond in TNA.
Which still doesn't change the fact, that in the biggest pond available, he was the World champion, like, six times (maybe more, can't remember)

So, do you want to be a big fish in a small pond or just another good fish in a huge pond? Like I said, you can argue it either way, but he was alot like Undertaker when he was in WWE. He wasnt a huge draw. Rock & Austin drew all the money then like Cena does now.
Your inability to realize how much Undertaker draws is astounding. As John layfield once said, "He is the cornerstone fo the WWE and the reason this business runs." Also, in regards to money drawn over time it is:

Undertaker>Austin>Rock>Cena

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/430854-great-dave-meltzers-list-biggest-draws-wwf-e-history.html

The list, found right on our very own WrestlingForum. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts