Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that Superstars just mixes and matches the same 8 or 10 guys in different combinations for several weeks at a time? I predict that next week's main event will feature Yoshi Tatsu, JTG, Chris Masters, and Trent Barreta vs. Tyler Reks, Zack Ryder, Chavo Guerrero, and Curt Hawkins. It gets old fast.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It does get old very fast to just have random matches between the small crew of people. Would be nice to give some of the people that work Superstars some mic time while they are on the show. I don't know, maybe give it some kind of story line other than what the announcers bullshit together?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sure it would be nice if everyone could wrestle 20 minute matches with PPV blow offs, but thats not what Superstars is. Its essentially the highlights of Raw/Smackdown, with jobbers breaking up the segments. Its a hance for the lower guys to try and impress, or still remain relevent. There doesn't seem to be much point in doing much with Superstars, because so few people watch it in comparison. And those that do I think are more dedicated fans anyway. Thankfully Superstars is not the 3rd brand, nor should any moves be taken to make it seem like it is. ECW was a clusterf**k

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
It's like WWE Heat and WWE Velocity combined..well not much to be expected on that show.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah, I agree. Guys like Primo, Yoshi Tatsu, Darren Young, David Hart Smith, Goldust, William Regal, Zack Ryder, Tyler Reks, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, JTG, Curt Hawkins, Trent Barreta, and the Usos appear week after week. On the flip side, guys like John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Sheamus, "Dashing" Cody Rhodes, Undertaker, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Nexus, Big Show, Corre, Edge, and Alberto Del Rio never appear on the show at all.
Now, guys like R-Truth, Chris Jericho, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, Drew McIntyre, John Morrison, Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Great Khali, and the Divas would have a match on Superstars but not very often.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
It is repetitive but I don't really mind it because we actually get a chance to see what some of these guys that are rarely on the main shows can do. Reks, Hawkins, and Barretta are 3 guys I really enjoy watching so it's nice to see them get decent time for their matches.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Thats how it is on Raw and Smackdown too. The same guys on the same shows every week.

Superstars is fine. There's a limited amount of guys who would fit, since it's more about ring work than promos. So you'll never see The Miz or anyone like him on there, but Ted Dibiase or Daniel Bryan might pop up from time to time.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
I enjoy it just fine, though I admit that there is much repetition to it most weeks. However, this week felt different. Not always in a good way, but it was a curious episode. They began with a funky, disjointed divas match between Alicia Fox and Natalya (seen way too much of this match-up). Then there was a handicap match with The Great Khali battling The Usos. Then they experimented and had a heel/heel match-up with hints that Curt Hawkins may be turning face soon with him going up against Tyler Reks--really good match, to be honest. And a decent little main event of Jack Swagger vs. Trent Barreta. So it was a different show from most weeks, especially once they got through the first match.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts