Wrestling Forum banner

Superstars Main Event 14/04/2011

961 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  NJ88
The Great Khali def Zack Ryder

I can't be the only one who's slightly annoyed by this result. Sure Khali is quite over and got a fairly big pop but his in-ring skills just haven't improved during his tenure (and some would say they're getting worse). That, and he is of course atrocious on the mic.

Contrast that to Zack Ryder who got a ton of heat for his entrance, is now really over on the mic, sells the story of the match really well in the ring and has decent in-ring ability, yet loses to Khali in about 4 minutes.

Where are the WWE going with this, surely one of these guys is potentially pushable in the future and the other is not?
See less
The Great Khali def Zack Ryder

I can't be the only one who's slightly annoyed by this result. Sure Khali is quite over and got a fairly big pop but his in-ring skills just haven't improved during his tenure (and some would say they're getting worse). That, and he is of course atrocious on the mic.

Contrast that to Zack Ryder who got a ton of heat for his entrance, is now really over on the mic, sells the story of the match really well in the ring and has decent in-ring ability, yet loses...
See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,391 Posts
As a Ryder fan I thought it was still alright. He got promo time which is promising and a guy of Zack Ryder's kayfabe ability shouldn't really go over a 7ft. Giant on a random Superstars match. Plus he is a heel so a loss to Khali s not going to be to detrimental.

All I can hope for is that he did enough to prove that he deserves a spot on Raw every week which most of us know he does.

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a guy of Zack Ryder's kayfabe ability shouldn't really go over a 7ft. Giant on a random Superstars match.
how is zack ryder supposed to beat some 400 lb 8 ft monster that one killed a man with a flapjack?
I love Zack Ryder but I don't see how they could have booked him beating The Great Khali convincing.
I get that there was no other way the match could have unfolded having been booked. I'm just saying it was a lousy match to book in the first place. I don't like to see any guys released, especially when they're over as Khali is but I don't see how booking this match in this way can be any good for anyone.

· Registered
661 Posts
It didn't annoy me very much, because as a heel Ryder shouldn't be allowed to go over Khali, a face, who is obviously much bigger than him and has been a WHC, cleanly. Not on WWE Superstars at least.

To be honest I like WWE Superstars. I like watching the guys that you don't see on the big shows wrestle. It's something fresh, compared to just watching AA's and RKO's all the time.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Push-Zack-Ryder/172195696160251

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
At least he got on a show. More than most weeks sometimes. He also got some mic time to get his character over. Hopefully they realise the guys talent soon and put him on RAW. Would LOVE to see a mid-card title reign from him at some point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.