Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Nobody's gay for Moleman.
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUPERSTARS I RESPECT:

King Kong Bundy
This probably seems weird to most of you, but Bundy had the opportunity to defeat Undertaker at WrestleMania XI and ruin his career. Bundy said that the younger superstar should go over though. This sort of love for the business should get you World Titles and make you famous. When you think of legends of the business, do you ever this of King Kong Bundy though? Nope. What does Bundy have to show for his career? Nothing. Sure, he didn't have much ability, but anyone that's willing to let a younger superstar go over is a legend in my book.

Mick Foley:
Wow. What's there to say. How can you not respect a man that falls off a 16 Foot Steel Cage through a Table, just to entertain fans. Foley was never really given a lengthy title run after doing these sorts of things, week in, week out. He lost his ear in a match against Vader in 1995, and kept wrestling! To me, he's up there with The Rock and Steve Austin as the greatest superstar as all time.

(MORE TO COME LATER.)

Superstars I disrespect:

Hardcore Holly:
This man is a tool. He worked stiffly whenever the WWE had him job to someone, and made Brock Lesnar look like a stiff worker while he was still really young. Of course they were gonna let Lesnar go over, he was a lot younger, and had a ton of talent. Holy on the other hand, were old, and never really had that much talent. He should be happy that the WWE gave him a contract. That wasn't good enough for him though.

Alberto Del Rio:
Well when you speak ill of some of the company's top workers, it's kind of hard to earn respect. Alberto Del Rio is boring in-ring and on the microphone, but he thinks that he's top shit. I hate that. He should just go to TNA.

(MORE TO COME LATER.)

I tried to pick superstars that weren't so obvious....

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I respect the guys who came up and did it the hard way, by acquiring a ton of talent through hard work and getting recognized for it. Guys like Jericho, Guerrero, Benoit, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Malenko, etc.

I disrespect jackasses who found the easy way out by sucking up to the right people in charge. HHH, Hogan, Sheamus, Nash, etc.

·
Nobody's gay for Moleman.
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin Nash is a tool.
Sheamus actually works hard.
Hogan is a tool.
At least HHH was willing to do the Hunter Hearst Helmsley gimmick. Haha.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Respect:

Glenn Jacobs/Kane- this guy was willing to do anything and everything he was asked. Evil Dentist? Fake Diesel? Demonic Little brother? Sure!

Same with John Tenta

disrespect

Agree on the holly thing. Few people are so obviously bitter and channeling it in the wrong way.

·
Rescued by Camacho
382 Posts
Respect:

Kane - Always willing to put younger guys over
Mick Foley - Put his well being on the line for the fans
Jericho - Unburiable and an amazing talent
Tatanka - Put The Miz over in his debut match

Disrespect:

Hardcore Holly - A bitter asshole
Carlito - Let his attitude get the better of him
Matt Hardy - Attention whore

·
Registered
280 Posts
i have loads of respect for mick foley simply because of the extreme matches he was willing to take part in eg triple h hell in cell, randy orton hardcore match, edge no dq match. i also had a huge amount of respect for benoit, from what iv read it sounds like he was an authority figure in the dressing room, a friend to all, and on top of that the guy was obviously born to wrestle and worked really hard.

i have no respect for hogan for obvious reasons

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
You don't respect Del Rio because he's a heel?

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Respect:

Mick Foley - For all the bumps he's taken for the entertainment of fans, it's impossible to not respect him.

Stone Cold - A legend who brought the greatest era in wrestling and done so much for the business. As for his personal life issues, everyone has their ups and downs, if I judged someone solely because of their mistakes, not a single person would be respected in this world.

Chris Benoit - He gave his life to entertain fans. How can I not respect a man who needlessly jumps with his head first from a 10 feet ladder or from the top of a cage just to give us moments to remember? If he is responsible for his downfall, then it's an unfortunate case of all the bumps making him lose his mind. Unless I have had the same issues they reported regarding his brain and got out of it properly, I have no right to judge the man.

The Rock - One of the most entertaining men in wrestling history who also had no problems putting over others while at it. And when he found success elsewhere and had nothing left to do in wrestling, he still decided to come back to pay the fans' undying love for him by creating more classic moments to remember.

Undertaker - Most respected in the business and even after having a career that has lasted over two decades, he still decides to give us more classic matches to remember at Wrestlemania when he's pretty old and doesn't need to do anything more.

Kane - Always loyal and willing to do what he's told, he is not obsessed with himself and winning championships. Just a great worker one would dream of having.

HHH - This is a man who respects his work and tries to do things the best possible. After a torn quad, he still agreed to take a Boston crab submission hold that puts pressure on the legs and participated in an Inferno match wearing his regular wrestling gear despite the heavy risk of something going wrong and him catching fire.

Just a few guys off the top of my head, there are plenty more and I could pretty much name everyone who has taken bad bumps or participated in life threatening situations just to entertain.

Disrespect:

I don't know anyone well enough to be able to judge them negatively, but there's really nothing about Hardcore Holly that shows him in a good light, so I don't know if I can look at him in a positive way.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,213 Posts
I was fine with the opening post until I got to the part about Del Rio. It just sounds like the OP doesn't like his character and has decided that Del Rio's character and the person that plays the character are the same.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,213 Posts
Chris Benoit - He gave his life to entertain fans. How can I not respect a man who needlessly jumps with his head first from a 10 feet ladder or from the top of a cage just to give us moments to remember? If he is responsible for his downfall, then it's an unfortunate case of all the bumps making him lose his mind. Unless I have had the same issues they reported regarding his brain and got out of it properly, I have no right to judge the man.
If you haven't murdered your wife and son I think you have every right to judge Benoit.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
If you haven't murdered your wife and son I think you have every right to judge Benoit.
If I haven't had brain damage, depression and other mental issues and gotten out of it fine, I don't think I have the right to judge someone who went off the deep end because of these issues. It's easy to talk shit about someone for making bad decisions because of issues that cause them to lose their mind but if you have not gone through the same mental problems, it's unfair to judge since who knows what kind of shit you could be doing if you had said mental issues. And yes, you may say "I would not kill my loved ones" but you never know.

I think every one should respect cena love him are hate him
I reserve it for when he turns heel.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Respect:

- Undertaker
- Shaun Michaels
- Triple H
- Edge
- Kurt Angle
- Stone Cold
- John Cena
- Mick Foley
- Chris Jericho
- Hulk Hogan
- Ric Flair
- Kane
- Dolph Ziggler
- Cody Rhodes
- Rey Mysterio

Don't respect:

- Santino Marrela
- Chris Beniot
- Scott Hall
- CM Punk
- Daniel Bryan
- Jerry Lawler
- Horswoggle

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Kevin Nash is a tool.
Sheamus actually works hard.
Hogan is a tool.
At least HHH was willing to do the Hunter Hearst Helmsley gimmick. Haha.
I guess everyone forgets when HHH wrestled as "Terror Rizen" and teamed with William Regal under Jean Paul Levesque, american royalty.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Respect:

- Undertaker
- Shaun Michaels
- Triple H
- Edge
- Kurt Angle
- Stone Cold
- John Cena
- Mick Foley