Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's obvious that a lot of the huge draws for WWE are nearing retirement (Taker, Kane, HHH ect). How do you think/want these guys should go out; face or heel?

·
Registered
559 Posts
kane should go out as heel. taker obv face since its like impossible to turn him heel. i think taker should have a retirement match and just have both raw and smackdown come out he drops his knee puts his hand up and thats it. hhh idk i think face and he should probably retire and become an onscreen authority figure GM or something

·
Registered
655 Posts
Kane - heel

HHH - either way could work but i'd rather heel

Taker - Face. Wrestlemania 28 he will beat John Cena and extend his record to 20-0. He will retire after this match though with everyone on the WWE roster coming down the ramp cheering and clapping.

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
Taker should retire as a face, 20-0 at WM, and be given a giant celebration like Ric Flair, and fuck kayfabe.

Triple H should be retired as a face, at WM by CM Punk, which would give him a major boost and all the momentum in the world, where he'd go on to be a top player. Triple H could then do whatever he wanted. Backstage, GM, whatever.

Kane should retire as a heel, be battered with a chair by everyone on the roster and then have John Cena spray paint "worthless" across his back, throw him in a trash compactor like Jericho in 2005 and we never see him again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You think Kayfabe will be broken and Taker will get a real ceremony or do you think he just disappears after in a huge crazy event and we never see him again?

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
It would be completely stupid if they have him never appear again. The audience knows it's fake, hell, we've even SEEN a human version of him on television. He's one of the most important people in WWE history. Hell, in terms of the WWE, he's MORE important than Ric Flair is. Give him his celebration. It was a crime enough when Austin didn't get one, that pissed me off. The greatest wrestler of all time can't even get the Ric Flair treatment. :mad:

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,816 Posts
Kane: Out as the heel monster he originally was, finally put to rest by Undertaker.

Triple H; Out as beloved legendary babyface, putting over Wade Barrett, his successor as WWE's new biggest long-term heavy.

Undertaker: Face. No question.

Edge: Face. His whole heel shtick has been worn out and exhausted.

Rey Mysterio: Hmm, let me see... I'd say face. Emphatically, face.

Big Show: Face.

·
Registered
730 Posts
HHH is already gone. DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT SHEAMUS SAID!?!?!

"I ended Triple Haytch's Career"

Sheamus retired HHH!!!! lol

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I'd like to see some putting overs w/ their retirements

I'd like to see Undertaker go 20-0 (Vs. Sheamus @ WM 27) (Vs. [email protected] WM 28) , and then put his career and streak on the line @ WM29 against (Multi time) WWE champion Wade Barrett , Barrett goes over and ends the streak at 20-1 , so at least on paper the streak still looks good at an even 20

For Triple H I'd like for there to be a Sheamus Vs. Triple H grudge brought back up this time in a hell in a cell match at wrestlemania (insert whatever number is when Triple H is ready year here) , there would be crazy spots on the roof of the cell and shit , and Sheamus would retire him for real this time

For Kane , I'd like Snitsky to make a return at WM27 , arguing something about theres only room for one scary pink skinned bald man in the WWE , and its HIS TIME NOW! They would have some crazy extreme rules match with Snitsky going over and being re-instated into the WWE w/ Kane being forced to retire.

The Kane/Taker ideas are far fetched , but the HHH one seems possible

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
It would be completely stupid if they have him never appear again. The audience knows it's fake, hell, we've even SEEN a human version of him on television. He's one of the most important people in WWE history. Hell, in terms of the WWE, he's MORE important than Ric Flair is. Give him his celebration. It was a crime enough when Austin didn't get one, that pissed me off. The greatest wrestler of all time can't even get the Ric Flair treatment. :mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oFV6ZgJpiE&feature=fvst

Nah, This was good enough for me, I know exactly where you coming from with the big celebration but I think this was the right choice of Austin being the loner that he was, having "One Last Ride" to the sunset as THE biggest star of of his era.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Yeah, Austin probably didn't want one. His ego isn't as huge as Flair's...evident by his modesty whenever he talks about his career.

One last beer bash suited Austin to a tee :)

TBH though, I'm not sure how much of the big sendoff Flair wanted and how much was thrust on him seeing as how he wasn't to keen on retiring...I'm sure he didnt mind all the love and attention but I dont know if he pushed to have it the way it went down.

EDIT: I sorta want Taker to retire with a perfect record, but if he has to go out I'd like for it to be against someone who would benefit from the rub.

The same for Kane too, I'd like to see him go out giving someone the rub like hes done his whole awesome career...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm not saying the OP is wrong, as I think some of these guys should retire soon... but I really just don't see it. Taker's 45. HHH is 41 and still in pretty good shape.

Flair was wrestling at 60. Hogan's still going at 57. Harley went until he was 50. Terry Funk was still going at 65, and sort of still is. Most of these guys, particularly Flair, Race, and Funk while in the NWA and its territories, were working more matches during their prime than WWE guys today. Their bodies took an absolute beating. I imagine someone like HHH at 40 is in substantially better health than Terry Funk was at 40.

As it stands, the status quo in pro wrestling is to just keep going until you physically can't, and some ignore even that. If you're an icon (like everyone mentioned in this post), and you've got a big ego (like mostly everyone in this post), and people will pay to see you (again, everyone)... then why stop? These guys live to entertain people. It's what they love, and based on what we've seen from the vast majority of wrestlers - it's really hard to give that up.

Nearly everyone says that Undertaker should get to, and then stop, at 20-0. Why? Because it's a round number? That's ridiculous! 21-0, or 22-0 is better than being 20-0. Ric Flair considers himself a 21-time world champion (though most say 16). I'm pretty sure he didn't turn down that 21st title run because he wanted to keep it at a nice round 20.

I truly believe that guys like HHH, Undertaker, and sadly, even Kane, have at least a decade more in them. Kane is going to use all the time he's got left on his body -- even if it's not for WWE. Maybe there'll be a huge shift in with this generation of wrestlers. Maybe Michaels will start a trend that retiring at 45 is the way to go. But I'm not holding my breath for any of these guys to hang up the boots any time soon, especially when you've got Steve Austin at 45 saying that his neck is back to 100% and he'd be open to one more match.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Jericho's last appearance as an active wrestler has to be him as a heel getting dragged out of the arena by security screaming. It's just so perfect.
I know he said that on his dvd (and probably elsewhere) but it's not what I want to see. I want him to do a partial recreation of his 'getting lost lost in the arena' segment. As a setup, have him lose his job and demand to see Vince in his office backstage. He wanders around, takes a few wrong turns, finally find the door marked as Vince's office which in fact turns out to be the exit and then have the door slammed in his face :D

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
For what they've all done for WWE, the injuries and time they've put in, I think all should end on a high, even if they're a mad heel they should have that one night where the fans thank them. (Not an appreciation/Ric Flair goodbye night, just a house show or something.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts