Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ALRIGHT you Pretend-o's! Time to discuss the REAL Fighting GOTY! :eek:kada

Waited months for a Smash bros thread to appear and all of you betrayed me. Now I'm making one myself! :quite

In here we talk about who we will play as and why anyone who doesn't main K. Rool is a pencil-neck'd geek! :tommy

Anyone buying the DLC pass? Do we trust Sakurai not to troll us with A FUCKING PLANT? :cry

:mj2

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,046 Posts
Have some rep for making this thread, brah.

Legit marked out so hard for Incineroar that I shed a single, small tear because:

1) The Alola games are tied with the Johto games and Black/White as my favorites in the series :sk
2) Rhythm Kids and Mach Rider have no damn business being anything more than assist trophies at best :quite

Despite lacking total interest in Piranha Plant, it getting in is still God-tier trolling on Sakurai's part. :heston

With that being said, Monty Mole = Best non-Koopa bad guy ever. :yoshi

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have some rep for making this thread, brah.

Legit marked out so hard for Incineroar that I shed a single, small tear because:

1) The Alola games are tied with the Johto games and Black/White as my favorites in the series :sk
2) Rhythm Kids and Mach Rider have no damn business being anything more than assist trophies at best :quite

Despite lacking total interest in Piranha Plant, it getting in is still God-tier trolling on Sakurai's part. :heston

With that being said, Monty Mole = Best non-Koopa bad guy ever. :yoshi
DAMN THAT GRINCH LEAK!! :mj I WANTED MY HOMIE GENO! :vincecry

K. Rool and Ridley should have been revealed last to remove the sting, tbh :crying:

·
Premium Member
10,178 Posts
Since each DLC character is released stand alone with their own stage, they can't half ass it. Another Fire Emblem or C-tier Mario character won't work. Sakurai's wording also suggests it was Nintendo's decision rather than his own so we may get a third party Western character for the first time ever.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,046 Posts
DAMN THAT GRINCH LEAK!! :mj I WANTED MY HOMIE GENO! :vincecry

K. Rool and Ridley should have been revealed last to remove the sting, tbh :crying:
Ridley being the first announcement made total sense for the sake of kicking the hype into overdrive. Out of the Grinch roster, only Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie raised my eyebrows.

Since each DLC character is released stand alone with their own stage, they can't half ass it. Another Fire Emblem or C-tier Mario character won't work. Sakurai's wording also suggests it was Nintendo's decision rather than his own so we may get a third party Western character for the first time ever.
Bandana Dee + Dreamstalk stage or bust.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Easy.

Rex or Mythra/Pyra/Waluigi/Ribbon Girl/Banjo.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,046 Posts
Easy.

Rex or Mythra/Pyra/Waluigi/Ribbon Girl/Banjo.
- Rex is the basis for a Mii Swordfighter costume (by extension, Pyra is technically out of the running too because her Blade is part of his costume)

- Ribbon Girl is the basis for a Mii Brawler costume

- Waluigi is still an Assist Trophy

Despite the Grinch leak being debunked, Banjo and Kazooie still have a chance, since Microsoft is cool with them being included.

·
Life is Good.
3,914 Posts
Sakurai give me Goku OR ELSE :braun

On a more serious note maybe Sora (Kingdom Hearts.) would be a nice addition. A loved acquaintance of mine is a huge KH fan and I would love to kick his ass as he plays as him. :lol

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Goku and Sora are heavily rumored Goku cause reasons, and Sora because the Square Enix/Nintendo Switch FF ports deal was apparently apart of it in addition to KH3 being ported to the Switch in the future.

My mains are Link (adult and toon), Ganondorf, Marth, and Pikachu cause trolling :troll.

Edit: My new mains are likely to be Incinerator & Simon Belmont cause fucking Castlevania boys :mark:

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,046 Posts
I don't play competitively, so don't really have any mains.
No worries. Like Sakurai said, Smash is, at its core, a party game. :sk

Sakurai give me Goku OR ELSE :braun

On a more serious note maybe Sora (Kingdom Hearts.) would be a nice addition. A loved acquaintance of mine is a huge KH fan and I would love to kick his ass as he plays as him. :lol
Sakurai already GOT DEM HANDZ in the form of SSB4's hellacious development. :( Sora getting in would be cool though, since I've always had a mild interest in the Kingdom Hearts franchise and his inclusion could, in a way, fulfill the rumor of a second Final Fantasy character joining Cloud on the roster.

Goku and Sora are heavily rumored Goku cause reasons, and Sora because the Square Enix/Nintendo Switch FF ports deal was apparently apart of it in addition to KH3 being ported to the Switch in the future.

My mains are Link (adult and toon), Ganondorf, Marth, and Pikachu cause trolling :troll.

Edit: My new mains are likely to be Incinerator & Simon Belmont cause fucking Castlevania boys :mark:
Goku is one of the GOAT characters in any medium, but him getting in would be "Negan in Tekken 7"-levels of silly. :lol Regardless, I'd main him instantly if he somehow gets in.

As for the bolded part:

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,046 Posts
What are yalls thoughts on this being a better game competitively than Smash 4? ZeRo is coming back to Smash so thats a good sign. :mark

NEW VID:

SSB4 has, up to this point, been the undisputed best installment in regard to character balance. If you don't believe me, look up a dude by the name of ven (or SUGOI | ven). He's a Zelda main who's actually achieved a number of top 50 placings at both regional and national tournaments, something what was universally thought to be impossible for one of SSB4's perennial bottom 5 characters.

If Ultimate manages to at least follow in SSB4's footsteps, I honestly can't complain at all.

ZeRo coming back is cool to hear. :sk He seems like a nice dude that, from what I saw and heard, certainly didn't warrant such a Cena-style reaction from spectators.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
- Rex is the basis for a Mii Swordfighter costume (by extension, Pyra is technically out of the running too because her Blade is part of his costume)

- Ribbon Girl is the basis for a Mii Brawler costume

- Waluigi is still an Assist Trophy

Despite the Grinch leak being debunked, Banjo and Kazooie still have a chance, since Microsoft is cool with them being included.
Minecraft :zayn3

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Never got the hype, but wouldn't mind a stage based on it being included. :draper2
I think it became a meme because Sakarai went into extensive detail as to why he enjoys playing that game :lol

This is why I still think a Xenoblade 2 character is still coming because he enjoyed that game a lot too according to him.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
feel so bad for Sakurai and game devs in general with these leaks out there. I swear Nintendo just won a 100 mill rom lawsuit case, and roms are still being shot out.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts