Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think summerslam should be held outside - a bit like wcw's bash at the beach - it really does create that summery atmosphere and the lights would be amazing when it got dark. Hold it on a beach with a big outdoor stage and scaffholding over the ring and have sand and sea all around.... what do you think?

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
:fpalm:

no.

Those times are gone, having a wrestling show in the beach now-a-days would just set the wwe back after spending so many years in the greatest arenas around the world nad it would make no sense.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
WM are in football stadiums, SS should be in baseball stadiums.

Though the only problem just like WM before was if it rains, though if they just did what they did a few years ago at WM and just covered the area where superstars enter and everywhere else could get wet, then it'd be fine.

SS at baseball stadiums like yankee stadium, fenway park ect. would be great. Fenway already had NHL game there, WWE could have their show there as well.

·
lyfe
8,846 Posts
Don't hold SummerSlam by the beach. What if a tidal wave comes in and everyone dies?

It's also terribly inconvenient and much harder on the WWE staff in terms of set and everything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it's a great idea, the it would be awesome to have a slightly different atmosphere at a PPV for once, and what better PPV than Summerslam? You may say "What if it rains?" I say that would add to the fun of it, it wouldn't be like any other PPV in recent years.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Not on a beach. Such stuff was reserved for WCW. They could do it in an open arena at best, but then, that is reserved for Wrestlemania. They don't invest so much in Summerslam.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Outdoor arenas yes. Beaches no way. It would be cool to see Summerslam in an outdoor amphitheatre or baseball stadium, would add to the summer feel without having to make it tacky.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I would love for summerslam to be held outside. My favorite summerslam ever was held outside at Wembley

·
Registered
25 Posts
Outdoor arenas yes. Beaches no way. It would be cool to see Summerslam in an outdoor amphitheatre or baseball stadium, would add to the summer feel without having to make it tacky.
My thoughts exactly, although what do you mean about it being tacking?

Edit: sorry for double post.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Baseball stadium sounds awesome, I prefer indoor, but i wouldn't complain if summerslam was held outdoor

·
Registered
813 Posts
A baseball stadium, preferably one with a retractable roof (Houston, Seattle, Toronto, Phoenix, Seattle, Milwaukee) would be incredible. That said, the logistics during baseball season would be a nightmare. This summer, the Giants had major issues with their field after a Paul McCartney concert around July 4. I imagine SummerSlam would wreck a field even worse.

That said, they used to hold MAJOR wrestling events at Shea Stadium in Queens, so there's at least some precedent.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
I don't know about Summerslam, but Summerfest should definitely be held in the beach with free hot-dogs for everyone, especially the bikers.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I agree that outdoor arena have a fantastic feel and atmosphere to them. I remember Wrestlemania 24 when it was held outdoors in Orlando, the overcast evening and outdoor feel made it seem so much bigger. But holding it on an actual beach would be rediculous... instead they could hold it in an outdoor/open roof arena, and set it out like a beach with imported sand etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts