Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think this summerslam is going to be bad
the card imo other than team wwe v nexus has no big matches thats a must see

last year we had - punk v hardy TLC, cena v orton was very good and return of dx
08- cena v batista, taker v edge HITC
07- cena v orton, return of hhh and rey rey

and that is just recent years for a show thats meant to be a the biggest party in the summer i expected alot more just saying

·
Registered
205 Posts
thats the problem the only match thats hyped is the nxt vs wwe one. Plus most matches were just made a week before the ppv.

If wwe would get their heads out of cena and nxt's ass, summerslam would be much better

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
They put all their hyping abilities into Cens and Nexus. The other matches just fell into place without much care about them. For example, if they were willing to put more effort into things, Kane vs Rey Mysterio WHC match could be so much more anticipated. but as it stands, it's just sort of...there...on the card.

·
Registered
691 Posts
It should be aiight. The seven-on-seven match should definitely be at least fun to watch, a Randy title win would be awesome, the SES/Big Show match should have some nice moments, and I love Melina, so it'll be nice to see her even if she is wrestling Alicia Fox. The World title match doesn't appeal to me at all, but w/e.

I just wish Cody was on the card, but hey, what can you do?

And to be fair, HITC match aside, the 2008 SummerSlam was totally dull. I don't remember 2007 being particularly good either. Likewise with 2006. Didn't watch last year's.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
7 on 7 match will be great and for sure to have surprise ending
Orton-Sheamus will be a good match because the match really can go either way
Kane-Mysterio match might not be great, but we all know who's gonna win and who's gonna make their appearance to end the match.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
It became disappointing the moment Kane won the title and it was decided he was walking into Summerslam with it.

Not to mention Orton vs Sheamus, which and no momentum and nobody really gives a rats ass about.

Aside from the Nexus vs Raw match, nothing really good on the card. And even that match isnt as 'epic' as the last two main events. Punk vs Jeff was HUGE. One of the hottest and intense storylines ever. And Taker vs Edge was just an all out psychological and physical war. This is just, ok.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
I think the fact that HBK, Batista, HHH and Taker are all not on the card has left it feeling a bit meh. But that's not to say that I'm not looking forward to the matches because I am. I think the 7 on 7, Seamus/Orton and Kofi/Ziggler matches are all looking good and I'm pretty pumped for those.

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
I think the PPV buyrates will be very interesting for this PPV.

I reckon we could be in the for the smallest SS buyrates for a very long time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats the problem the only match thats hyped is the nxt vs wwe one. Plus most matches were just made a week before the ppv.

If wwe would get their heads out of cena and nxt's ass, summerslam would be much better
Sort of what you're saying, I feel like the WWE changed plans at the last minute or never really had thought anything out to begin with. Just my thought!

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I'm actually really looking forward to Summerslam.

The elimination match is the selling point, and I'm sure that's going to be great. The promo between Orton/Sheamus on RAW got me really hyped for their match at the PPV. Granted...I have ZERO interest in Kane/Mysterio but SES/Show could be interesting, as could the potential IC title match. AND...the usuual DIVAs match might not turn out to be that good.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
I hope you're not speaking for everyone as I certainly do give a rats ass about the match.
Fair enough. Your opinion. But I'm just not feeling any intensity for this match. I'm pretty sure the entire planning for this thing was the belt happened to be on Sheamus, and they trying to make Orton the No1 guy, so they stuck them in a match together. The promo from a few days ago didnt even make any sense.

Then again, it cant be much worse than Orton vs Cena last year, or the two title matches from a year before that.

But it is still a serious step down from what we had in Punk vs Jeff last year.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
2 Divas matches really put me off if I'm honest especially with Alicia Fox, can't they just strip her and the title?

I'm interested to see Ziggler vs Kofi - could be a good solid match not sure Ewrestling mean by added opponents could happen, the Rey vs Kane match doesn't interest me because Rey is in it - I'd much rather Kane vs Drew or CM Punk if fully fit

7 vs 7 will be good for the hopeful shock value - I expect a build up of NXT backstage shizzle before the match kicks off.

Sheamus vs Orton I feel has been built up well but it does appear to be a bit predictable what with Orton getting the leg up on Sheamus for 3 RAWs running. That being said the WWE have made some swerves recently so could happen here

Overall card is average, not Summerslam material IMO give or take a match or two - despite that I will be paying the £15 and I have no doubt I'll enjoy it. I hope you guys feel the same :p

One thing I don't like, as I keep ranting about is the prop title of the Miz, drop it to Bourne or someone who at least may have the intention of defending it against say Ted who also appears to be doing nothing

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
The three main event matches look fine but the rest of the card blows. I dont think they will be terrible matches, but nothing to get hyped for. Big Show vs SES is a copy off of Big Show vs Angle/Jindrak/Reigns form a few years back.

·
Registered
12,416 Posts
I am certainly intrigued by the WWE vs Nexus match. Although maybe just because i want to know which WWE guy will turn and/or become the leader of Nexus. I'm hoping that match gets like 30-35 minutes.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts