Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listening to some music. Summerslam 2009 is on in the background.

Mysterio v Ziggler
DX V Legacy
Jeff Hardy V CM Punk

So, you had three main eventers, going against main event talent of the future.

What happened? OK, Punk is at the top but what about the others?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
CM Punk- WWE champion
Cody rhodes - Intercontinental champion and soon to rise to the Upper mid card / Main Event
Dolph Ziggler - Won the WHC (Sort of), Should be in the Upper mid card now as he had some good feuds with Edge and Punk, but for some god forsaken reason he is jobbing to Clay.
Ted Dibiase - God knows

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CM Punk- WWE champion
Cody rhodes - Intercontinental champion and soon to rise to the Upper mid card / Main Event
Dolph Ziggler - Won the WHC (Sort of), Should be in the Upper mid card now as he had some good feuds with Edge and Punk, but for some god forsaken reason he is jobbing to Clay.
Ted Dibiase - God knows
Rhodes isn't a strong champion though is he?

I suppose my point is that three years later, you would have thought that Rhodes, Ziggler and DiBiase would be around the main event, but they're not. They've had three years to build. The WWE used to be great at it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Rhodes isn't a strong champion though is he?

I suppose my point is that three years later, you would have thought that Rhodes, Ziggler and DiBiase would be around the main event, but they're not. They've had three years to build. The WWE used to be great at it.
Not so much a strong champion but I believe he has really shined on the mic the past couple of months, and unlike alot of Wrestlers is actually evolving.

Yes in 3 years you'd expect some progression and in honesty though 2 out of the 4 have been world champions and one is on route to be one. But lets be honest WWE has sucked putting over new talent in the last 5-7 years and is only really now investing in future talent.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Ziggler - jobbing, and horrible booking.
Rhodes - Intercontinental Champion.
DiBiase. - no one knows, no one cares.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Ziggler: Jobbing out to a fat man who dances cos Ziggler is so good at selling Clays shitty offense
Rhodes: IC Champion but booked like shit with this Big Show thing
DiBiase: Who the hell knows his carer got ruined in 2010 with the Million Dollar Man gimmick and Maryse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts