Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, ive been a avid wrestling mark from 02-07/08-ish after the deaths of Eddie and Benoit i became a casual and then slowly my viewership declined to where i have fell off on this shit.

Fast forward. around Sept. i get into it again. Now, i had seen the epic promo by Punk at the time it was going down even though i was not watching much of all at the time. but after i seen it i got back into wrestling again.

now not to sound like a punk mark, but on one of the last episodes i remember seeing in 07 was an ECW and it was a match with punk, and i said to myself, this guy is gonna be something.
i think i was just gloating though because we are both from Chicago, and naturally i would root for him.. :lmao

but anyways, back on track. my question here is this: What did i miss? The earliest recollection of wrestling in 2011 i have is Christian's speech after winning WHC (mind you, i wasnt watching at the time, not even a casual) at the time i was thinking wow!! all my favorite midcarders from back in the day are running shit now. But then he lost not long after and i think i stopped watching agian untill after Punk beat Cena.

So when did the summer of Punk start i want to watch some of the Raw's before going back and seeing MITB

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Summer of Punk started with the promo, so just go from there. Every RAW afterwards and the PPV are nothing short of perfection.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
There's a torrent of the whole angle over at XWT. I believe the angle started at Capitol Punishment, when Punk said he has huge plans for the next night's Raw.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
It sort of started a few weeks before the "shoot" interview to be honest. I remember the Raw before or a few weeks before where Shawn Michaels was there and Punk come down and interrupted him and shot him with an invisible cross-bow, he was really coming into his own

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It started sort of on the Raw where the Raw on 6/13. He interrupts HBK and has the backstage segment with Stone Cold. If you go back and watch it, he pretty much tells you he's gonna do something big. Then the next week, he demanded to be number 1 contender and won a triple threat to become it. The next week is the promo so start from June 13th.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
ROFL @ Punk calling Big Show "King Kong Bundy" I forgot about that.

HBK's face was awesome when Punk said "anymore" haha.

The Punk/Austin segment was fantastic. Punk was trying so hard not to laugh. Austin saying "I can kick your ass backwards" was great. I really hope we get Punk V Austin at WM29 or 30. The promos would be awesome.

I suggest you watch me make snow angels!

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Wow, CM Punk was really something else last Summer. I haven't had that much excitement in wrestling in god knows how long. It was remarkable.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
It started good, but it got stupid when Punk came back after he was gone for a total of 1 week. Most of the fans thought that the angle wasn't a work.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is how they should have booked the jericho/punk feud with them doing worked shoots on each other.
Yup, agreed. I'm not one who loves to complain against WWE generally but it's like they're trying as hard as they can to turn anything exciting and edgy into boring and just safe...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts