Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem odd, but long story short I got interested in wrestling again during the "Summer of Punk" and while it was fun at the time, I've always wondered what the general feeling was on forums and "dirt-sheets" was with regards to his contract, I mean I can imagine the dirt-sheets going into overdrive with "latest update on CM Punk's WWE Contract" articles in the month or so leading up to MITB

It would be cool if anyone could link me to a few articles from around this time

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Summer of 2011 was the best summer of my life. The summer of Punk was one of the reasons why my summer was so good that year

·
Banned
3,871 Posts
Ahh the Good ole days. I remember telling myself during that storyline it was the greatest storyline of all time. Punk could of been so much bigger if they booked Him better.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Summer 2011? The best summer in my life, that feud between Punk and Cena. Two great matchets, one of the best storylines of the last 6 years in WWE.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Summer of 2011 was the best summer of my life. The summer of Punk was one of the reasons why my summer was so good that year
Amen.
For a while after the Pipebomb it seemed like they were going to move onto a new era with a new face of the company.
But alas, HHH got involved, buried Punk and took his momentum and the angle died a slow and painful death.
We also had that waste of sperm Kevin Nash back on T.V. Fucking useless arsehole that he is.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
In my experience there wasn't a big fuss made about Punk's contract - once the shoot clearly started going into an angle it became obvious that Punk had resigned, but it was still an 'edge of your seat' period of time. I know a lot of people got back into wrestling because of the Summer of Punk, but for me it was the thing that kept me from leaving again. Post-Wrestlemania that year sucked toooooo many balls before that :p

It really was an exhilirating time to be a wrestling fan, though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd stopped watching for around 2 years but would keep up to date with what was going on etc, but my friend text me telling me "YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE END OF RAW" so I went on YouTube watched and here we are 2 and and half years later I'm still here...

Pretty much like you guys I loved it, I mean I knew deep down it was "fake" or "scripted" but the whole thing felt so legit and exciting it was hard not to get sucked into all the hype and just enjoy the ride

1 - 9 of 9 Posts