Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this past year has been one filled with tragedy for me. I've lost 3 friends in Iraq, 2 friends to drunk drivers, a friend OD on pain killers, 2 of my closest friends have committed suicide, and my grandma to a heart attack. I cant see how someone can get so depressed, that they have to kill themselves, and no1 around them be able to tell. it just doesnt make any sense. i know one of my friends' suicide was cause by drugs, he got high and shot himself in the head. i dont know if this is even a rant, this is just sometihng that i really needed to get off my chest.

RIP Jimmy 01/15/1987-05/01/2005
RIP Rich 12/20/1986-08/05/2005
RIP Billy 01/10/1984-05/01/2005
RIP Bobby 09/17/1979-06/04/2005
RIP Ronnie 08/26/1986-08/19/2005
RIP Donny 04/05/1987-05/16/2005
RIP Jared 01/20/1984-11/03/2005
RIP Becky 02/10/1984-12/20/2005
RIP Grandma 05/05/1952-09/18/2005

Y'all are Gonna Be Greatly Missed

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Wow...can't really say anything comforting. Least nothing you probably haven't already been fed. But I can say that they're in a better place.

I can shed some light on the suicide topic though.

Life sucks. You've got the fall-out of a "war" going on, fuel/electricity/housing costs on the rise, and just life in general going down the tubes. It's easy for people to get lost in it all.

A lot of people contemplate the notion, I for one just about every day, but there's thinking about it and then following through with the thought. It's deturing to think someone could actualy sink so deep into despair that the idea seems rational, but hey....for some people, it's the only sollution.

I don't wanna turn this into a me thing, so I'll save my reasons for thinking about it. But I'll say that sometimes, you have to step back from all the shit and evaluate what you want out of life. Until you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt there's no hope left, suicide should be the last course of action.

You asked how people couldn't foresee it? That's easy to answer. People who think suicidal thoughts make it a point to leave people in the dark about it. Most people who plan to execute the decision will do everything in their power to push people away. Either by berating them, cutting off contact, or avoiding them all together. This behavior makes it practicaly impossible for people to sniff it's wind. They do it, partly out of necessity, and partly so it'll lessen the blow. (If people are thinking ill of you, it won't hurt as much as if they were closer...so they assume)

All in all, it sucks. But it's their skin to wear, and their skin to hang up if and when they feel the need to. All you can do is just respect their decision. Help them if they want it, but don't push it on'em. That only drives people closer to the edge.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats just the thing, my friend becky, who just killed herself last night hasnt been trying to push everyone away, in fact, its been the opposite, shes been geing closer to everybody. and ive thought about killing myself before, but i never got to the point where it seemed like the best thing for me to do. all these deaths have been really hard on me, but its effected one of my friends families, because two of my friends who were brothers were killed by a drunk driver, then 2 weeks later, their step brother ODed on pain killers. i find myself wondering sometimes, whats the point of living, if everyone u care about and love is dieing. of people that have always been in my little clique, there are only 3 of us left. it just aint fair.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Yeah, that's deffinately cause to question what the point is. Seeing life taken away (and in so many doses) has to be hard for all parties affected.

You've got my sympathy...as helpful as that can be. But it's assuring to know you've still got your strength. A lot of other people would be crippled by that much greif.

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time :( When you lose several people to death one after another the grief can be pretty overwhelming. You feel even worse when it is near Christmas too. Keep your chin up hun and remember there is always someone you can talk to whether it be family, online or a grief phone line or something.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I wanna thank the two of you for your support, im praying next year will be a better year for me, and the ppl i love, cuz i know that if i lose one more person in my life, i highly doubt ill be able to handle it, i mean, ive gotten so depressed that ive actually loaded my gun and sat there on the floor thinking to myself how easy it would be for me to end all of my pain, but then i realize that while my pain may be ended, id just be causing more pain to the people i love, i just cant do that to them, they've all been through enough. im currently seeing a psychiatrist(sp?) for depression, but that aint helping me at all. well, again id like to thank you 2, for some reason, it seems like people online that i dont know can be more comforting in time of tragedy than the people around me everyday.

and hey slam, your sympathy is very helpful, and the only reason i have my strength is because i have to in order to hold my clique together, ive always been the backbone for the group, and they let me know it all the time

N

·
0 Posts
No one will be able to understand suicide completely. I understand it well enough, and my outtake is simple enough:

Everyone's life is different. Everyone's mind functions differently. What one person may experience may be the worst thing that could happen in their life -- but it wouldn't even upset you in the least. Minds are different. Let me give you two trivial examples, both being realistic suicides.

1. A college stupid, who has a wife and kids, commits suicide because he was being made fun of on EverQuest, claiming he sucked. Now, let's say it was you or myself, okay? Would you commit suicide over something this trivial? Likely not. I definitely wouldn't. Isn't something that would affect my life, nor is it something that would even anger me.

2. High school championship game. Your team loses. Would you go out and commit suicide as a result, or would you just be happy that the season is over? I don't know about you, but the win would have been nice, but making it to the final game of the season is definitely an accomplishment.

Everyone has different goals in life. Everyone thinks of what they do differently.

Even though I am an admin here, nothing on this forum effects me that much in my life. Sure, I may invest a lot of time on here, but let's say I stopped. My life wouldn't change that much. However, some other members on this forum need this forum to get through their days. They require this forum to keep them happy.

Sad? I don't know. You don't live their life, and neither do I, so it's hard to say.

All I can say about suicide is to never say it's not someone's right to end their life, and to never claim suicide is pointless, worthless, or stupid. Suicide is what it is -- the ending of his or her life. Not yours.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, i never looked at it that way nitemare, and your right, it is everyones right to end their own life, but even tho ive thought about ending my life, ive never been able to figure out some1 can get that far into a depression that they feel the only way out is suicide, and i doubt i ever will.

N

·
0 Posts
And yet you load your gun and contemplate on suicide.

Now, I'm not trying to say you would commit suicide, but the fact that you've gone so far...well, it just seems to me that suicide is something you may actually do.

There are people who would say exactly what you're saying except that those people would claim they could never see themselves holding a loaded gun while thinking of suicide.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you know, im not saying i would never kill myself, i got depressed enough to load the gun and contemplate it, but i wasnt depressed enough to actually go through with it. but i cant say that i'll never get depressed enough that the only thing i can think about is ending my pain. i can see how people can to the point where they want to end their life if it'll end their pain, hell ive been there more than once, and yea, i almost went through with it, but i wasnt too depressed to realize that killing myself wasnt the answer and that it would actually make things worse for everyone else.

N

·
0 Posts
And some think it will make things better for everyone else.

If you thought this, surely you'd have committed suicide, yes?

·
Banned
4,141 Posts
Sorry about all of your losses, man. I've lost a friend/family member to a suicide as well, so I know how you feel. Keep chugging, man.

SIG

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
Damn. That has to be tough. Keep your head up, man.

Now about suicide...personally, I think it is wrong...no matter the situation. But that's just because I'm religious. Religion takes part in my opinion, as I believe God gave us life, and he is the only one meant to take it away from us.

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Wow. I've never lost friends due to suicide........thankfully. And in so close intervals....that is very sad. It must be really hard, and I can't say anything that already hasn't been said. Just push forwards, as that is the most important thing ever, and don't forget that god is on your side too.

·
A WEF Certified Product
6,596 Posts
Gee. I dont know what to say. That is a lot of people in one year. I am very sorry to hear about this.

But dont people who take their own life not go to heaven?

N

·
0 Posts
The Imperfect™ said:
But dont people who take their own life not go to heaven?
Hard to say. Motivation for killing, reasoning, their fath; it'd all depend.

·
Banned
592 Posts
charismaticenigma said:
i know one of my friends' suicide was cause by drugs, he got high and shot himself in the head.
Sorry to hear about the losses we all go thru them, its the ultimate goal in life, live to die.

Anyhow I had to comment on the thing I quoted. To blame suicide on a event, a addiction, a this or that is completely wow this is hard to do without being a complete dick. I'll say it like this, it is about as relevant as congress trying to say GTA causes children to go shoot up schools. If someone is going to do such a selfish act, they are going to do it. The straight A student who beats off to the bible with holy water could do it. The satanist who shoves bamboo shoots up his toe nails while screaming I love you lucifer could do it. THe parent who attends all pta meetings, who is a coach of the little leage ball club, who is affiliated with every youth program there is in your community could do it. But a drug is not going to cause a person to kill them self. Weakness and selfishness is what causes a person to act so ignorant and end there own life.

N

·
0 Posts
"Selfishness" is just a tool used by people who oppose suicide.

Why is it selfish? If anything (and let me bold this), it is you who is selfish for wanting someone to live their life when they no longer want or value it. Why is it that when someone wants to do something for himself that it's selfish? It's his life, his choice, and his consequences. People consider it wrong when others try to pry and force their way of life onto others, but it's okay to force others to want to live their apparently worthless lives?

Hell no. And frankly, people who oppose suicide usually don't have the proper mind to think outside the box.

At least with medical people they try to present numbers. Your type, however, throw words out their asses in hopes to convince people of your injust thoughts.

·
Banned
592 Posts
Selfishness...Because they didn't create themself. There was other people involved in the making of them yet they had to come along and just end it because "they can't handle life"

I'm a very open minded individual but I find suicide completely wrong, life is easy to change if your not pleased change your life don't fall into it more.Yes the drugs I can speak out of my ass I'm a recovering meth head, I know what its like at times I felt like garbage but I knew in time it would be my time to shine. It took several attempts but when I was kicked all the way to the ground Irealized alot of shit.

If the person created themself and was a hermit who never interacted with anyone I would say it was justified but seeing the first part isn't possible because we are not asexual I think its selfish.

N

·
0 Posts
Not completely the worst view I've seen, but that still doesn't explain how someone like yourself wouldn't be selfish for wanting someone to continue living against his will.

The way I see it is that it's not selfish because a person cannot change that they were created, but can change that they live. And through that train of thought, a person may have wished not to exist, but against his will (aftermath), he existed, and hence forth he causes decease.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts