Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With being stuck indoors with this coronavirus outbreak, I'm thinking of buying a wrestling game and wondered what others suggest as having the best playing longevity, it can be on the ps1, ps2, ps3 or ps4?

Also what 2k wwe game is best for nostalgia with legends and old arenas?

·
Registered
726 Posts
All the 2k titles run together when I try and think back. There was never much advancement from one title to the next.

If you want a heavy dose of nostalgia you should back track a bit further to the n64. Any of the aki wrestling titles would be fun at least for a while.

If you dont have a 64 you should try and get your hands on a fire pro wrestling title. The graphics are a bit dated, but the matches really make it feel like you're watching a new Japan match. You can't just steamroll your foe with heavy moves right off the bat. You really have to soften them up

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Fire Pro Wrestling World is your best bet for current wrestling games. Its available on PS4 and Steam.

You can download around 1000 CAWs and create around 50 different rings. They’ve also added Entrance Craft for more realistic entrances. It’s not perfect, but works. If you want a WWE experience, it will be far and away better than what 2K produces. You won’t even have to worry about creating your own roster from scratch, as community creations is LOADED with WWE and NXT stars from every era. It also has its own GM Mode called Fire Promoter, and you can technically have a 4 vs 4 Wargames match, although its only 1 ring. You can even download referees and have special referee matches in any match type. The Steam version also allows for all kinds of mods.

I don’t know what to recommend for past games. Here Comes the Pain is highly rated, and is on the PS2. I think Smackdown vs Raw 2006 is the best and on the PS2. Smackdown: Know Your Role has an endless career mode and is on the PS1. The various AKI titles on the N64 are defiantly worth a try. I’ve also heard good things about the Day of Reckoning series on GameCube (similar to the AKI games) and the Def Jam series (also developed by AKI) on the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube. And WWE All Stars is really fun if you like arcade games on the PS3/Xbox 360.

2K wise, it’s a draw between 2K16 and 2K18. 2K16 has more legends, but you can have 8 man legend matches with 2K18. 2K19 has even more features than 2K18, but doesn’t have as many legends. And the 2K19 servers go down by the end of May, so you have limited amount of time to download legend CAWs and legendary arenas if you’re interested in doing so.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the recommendations guys, cant imagine I will be into fire pro wrestling though, I was checking the vids on YouTube of it and it looks a little basic in terms of gameplay.

I do already have smackdown hctp, I was intrigued by wwe 2k13 and 14 with their attitude era and 30 years of wrestlemania features but am going to look into the other newer 2k additions.

Anyone recommend any of the raw vs smackdown titles?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Smackdown vs Raw 2006 has more realistic gameplay (10 count double KO minigame, submission KO minigame, rope break animations, rope break count, pre-match options such as staredown and test of strength) that are not in any of the 2K games, even though the 2K games are supposed to be a simulation of WWE. Its my favourite SvR game.

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 removed certain features from SvR '06 (10 count double KO minigame, submission KO minigame), but has the carry feature that’s also in 2K18-20. Both SvR '06 and SvR '07 have a season mode and GM Mode. I did enjoy SvR '07's season mode.

The 2K games don’t have a season mode or GM Mode. They have a linear, mission-based MyCareer mode (from 2K15 on) as a substitute for season mode, and a sandbox mode called Universe Mode (all 2K games), which can be treated as a consequences free GM Mode. Note that Universe Mode has been around since Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (available on PS2 and PS3) and has increased in customization options since then at the expense of other features in that mode.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
N64 - No Mercy or WM 2000
PS1 - Smackdown 2 Know your role
PS2 - Smackdown Shut your mouth for the story mode
PS3/Xbox 360 - SVR 2006/07 for the GM Mode and WWE 2k14 for the roster and all the creation feature, plus you could add custom soundtrack themes in that game.
PS4/Xbox One - Probably Pro Fire/WWE 2k19, but there really isn't much else for those consoles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts