Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to post this but there is a new friend of mine that subscribed to the WWE Network for nostalgia but he wants to watch everything about NXT as he is one of the people that stopped watching at the beginning of the PG Era.

He asked me if he should watch all the takeovers or though it will take longer all the NXT episodes,too?

IMO he should stick with the Takeovers but I want to see your opinion about it as there are periods where the TV Episodes were awesome,too.

·
Banned
894 Posts
I didn't know where to post this but there is a new friend of mine that subscribed to the WWE Network for nostalgia but he wants to watch everything about NXT as he is one of the people that stopped watching at the beginning of the PG Era.

He asked me if he should watch all the takeovers or though it will take longer all the NXT episodes,too?

IMO he should stick with the Takeovers but I want to see your opinion about it as there are periods where the TV Episodes were awesome,too.
I would stick to the Takeover PPV's first. If the person wants to catch up with the story-line build-up to a particular Takeover, NXT does an excellent job with video packages and promos that lead up to the matches within the PPV itself.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Bobby Roode's entire run. I thought he was really entertaining as champion and more so than how they've used him on the main roster.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,006 Posts
I suggest mid 2012-2015 before Dusty died and it turned into a glorified indy promotion full of 25 min spotfests and false finishes.

Early NXT was fantastic.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I agree with the general comments that the Takeovers are a good start.

Also, he should prepare himself to see guys and girls that are lost in the shuffle on the main roster looking strong in NXT.

·
Premium Member
16,716 Posts

I would start with Bo Dallas's title win. It's a lot, but you'll see:

1) Rise of Sami Zayn, including Zayn v Cesaro matches
2) Rise of Nevvile
3) KO debut
4) Zayn v Nakamura
5) Tyson Kidd at his peak
6) Corey Graves wrestling :0
7) pre-prime Finn Balor
8) DIY
9) 4 horse women
10) Dusty tag classics
11) Intro of NXT UK (then you can choose to watch that if you want)
12) Gargano v Almas
13) Wargames
14) Undisputed

I started in order, but then went for what I remember. I can't recommend "skip this, watch this" because I think it's all watchable. It's also only 1 hour long before we went live. You could binge NXT, since it became a weekly show, very quickly.

You won't believe how good and over some people were, and now see them on the main roster.

edit: "Who the fuck is Leo Kruger!?!?!" - OP

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,006 Posts
I would start with Bo Dallas's title win. It's a lot, but you'll see:

1) Rise of Sami Zayn, including Zayn v Cesaro matches
2) Rise of Nevvile
3) KO debut
4) Zayn v Nakamura
5) Tyson Kidd at his peak
6) Corey Graves wrestling :0
7) pre-prime Finn Balor
8) DIY
9) 4 horse women
10) Dusty tag classics
11) Intro of NXT UK (then you can choose to watch that if you want)
12) Gargano v Almas
13) Wargames
14) Undisputed

I started in order, but then went for what I remember. I can't recommend "skip this, watch this" because I think it's all watchable. It's also only 1 hour long before we went live. You could binge NXT, since it became a weekly show, very quickly.

You won't believe how good and over some people were, and now see them on the main roster.

edit: "Who the fuck is Leo Kruger!?!?!" - OP
Good list but how are you going to start at Bo and skip the original origins of the Wyatt Family before Vince fucked them up. NXT cult leader Bray Wyatt was the best thing to ever come out of NXT.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I suggest the early days in NXT also the PPV's leading to now but I hope your friend enjoys it and is entertained by it so I wish him well without a doubt! They do have NXT DVD's as well so if you really want him to start from the bottom then I would begin there!

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
Early NXT as well as the Takeovers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts