Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or was that one of the worst put together Iron Man Matches on TV? Im not saying the match was bad because it wasnt but production-wise it wasnt great, firstly there was no on screen clock, the first fall occured during a commercial break, overtime started with a commercial break, just badly badly put together.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Dude, you think too much, and demand too much. That match was awesome. And, I really loved the fact that it was a 1-1 draw. Brilliant.

·
Banned
177 Posts
tha was the best match of the week what you talking about they put it together like that to book them at the next PPV like that more people will buy it

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
I didn't notice the lack of a clock till this thread, Yeah, there shoulda been one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude, you think too much, and demand too much. That match was awesome. And, I really loved the fact that it was a 1-1 draw. Brilliant.
I hardly think that actually wanting to see both falls is demanding too much. If your going to have an iron man match with 2 falls at least show them both.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
11,000 Posts
Was there really no clock? fpalm
It was put in, post match digitally. Hebner wore a watch and Borash told the score aloud. The clock popped up after a big move to end a segment of wrestling. They kept the clock off the screen as to not rush moves or the match. The would just show both men out, and then do a count down from 9, and then say it's a draw.

They didn't want to paint themselves into a mistiming corner.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
It was an awesome match but I agree with you, having a fall take place during a commercial break is just a huge fail.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Great match, but my only complaint was that it was only 15 minutes. 30 min. Iron Man's are okay, but 15 or should I say 20 with the overtime was stupid.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Not great, but decent enough, major fail having the first fall during an ad break.
i dunno it kinda of is. but when you think about it they are trying to make it seem realistic like a fall can happen out of nowhere

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
Yeah that's TNA production team, you would think with a taped show they wouldn't have to cut it like that, they can just edit it so that first fall could have been shown, instead of their replays, which I still don't understand why if they do replay's during the match, why can't they do split screens like WWE, so we can still see what's going on in the ring.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Where's Joe when you need him?

·
Registered
954 Posts
It should have been the main event for a start, i know the 8 man tag was big but this was more important imo. Also id have them say they would run the 15 mins till the end of the show and then run the 5 or 10 minutes overtime in reaction, better justification for using extra time into reaction and they can justify a break for commercials and it would really hold viewers for reaction

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yeah, TNA did pretty much everything wrong with that match. Styles & Williams can make anything worth watching though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts