Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is about things that some smarks say that just drive you right up the fucking wall.

I once got into a flame war because people actually thought that Edges spear was better than Goldberg's spear, just because Edge had recently retired and all the stupid smarks were marking out like crazy.

Seriously, how the fuck is

better than

·
Registered
339 Posts
A rather petty argument isn't it? Also comparing one of Edge's worst spears with one of Goldberg's best isn't exactly a fair comparison at all, but I think you know that already.

Though obviously Goldberg's looks more devastating.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well that guy you who said that is clearly not a smark, just a guy with a computer. Like the guy who suggested Lord Tensai to face The Undertaker, is not a smark. There is a reason why it is stands for smart mark. You actually have to be smart. It like the ones who say Cena cant wrestle, the Rock is bad on the Mic, and Jack swagger need a push, all of them things i read often. Just shows how clueless people are on the internet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What a shitty argument... you didn't even disguise the fact you are comparing the absolute best spear by Goldberg and the absolute worst spear of Edge and attempting to pass them off as if they reflect how the spear was always executed.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
First of all Goldbergs Spear is better than Edges but comparing Edges worst one with Goldbergs best one doesnt give you much creditability to begin with.

And secondly. Edge was better than Goldberg in everything else

·
Registered
484 Posts
1) While I agree Goldberg's spear is better, you ruined your credibility by using edges worst spear instead of a good one for a fair comparison.

2) Edge is better than Goldberg in every other way.

3) The only thing worse than a smark is a smark who hates other smarks, and calls anyone who disagrees with him a smark.

·
Banned
350 Posts
First of all Goldbergs Spear is better than Edges but comparing Edges worst one with Goldbergs best one doesnt give you much creditability to begin with.

And secondly. Edge was better than Goldberg in everything else
in everything else? You are very wrong.
The ONLY thing edge was better than goldberg was at being entertaining. Lets compare the two.

1) Edge was a midcarder throughout his career, except the last few years.
Goldberg was always a maineventer, rarely dropped down to upper midcard.

2) Goldberg was always a big draw, mainly through his wcw run, even when he returned to wwe he instantly drew lots, and got a huge pop.
Edge never was a big draw, his reign was liked mostly by the self proclaimed smarks, not saying his reign wasnt good, but he never was a draw, facts.

3)Both have the same finisher, with Goldberg excelling at making it look more dominant.

4)Goldberg is the bigger guy, looks more intimidating.

5)Technically Edge beats goldberg by far.

6)Edge was faster around the ring.

7)Goldberg was stronger, or atleast made to look stronger, and he potrayed that strong kratos gimmick better than anyone else in the business.

8)Goldberg is a much bigger icon than edge.

So there you go, anyone putting edge above goldberg are typical teenage ROH fans.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
in everything else? You are very wrong.
The ONLY thing edge was better than goldberg was at being entertaining. Lets compare the two.

1) Edge was a midcarder throughout his career, except the last few years.
Goldberg was always a maineventer, rarely dropped down to upper midcard.

2) Goldberg was always a big draw, mainly through his wcw run, even when he returned to wwe he instantly drew lots, and got a huge pop.
Edge never was a big draw, his reign was liked mostly by the self proclaimed smarks, not saying his reign wasnt good, but he never was a draw, facts.

3)Both have the same finisher, with Goldberg excelling at making it look more dominant.

4)Goldberg is the bigger guy, looks more intimidating.

5)Technically Edge beats goldberg by far.

6)Edge was faster around the ring.

7)Goldberg was stronger, or atleast made to look stronger, and he potrayed that strong kratos gimmick better than anyone else in the business.

8)Goldberg is a much bigger icon than edge.

So there you go, anyone putting edge above goldberg are typical teenage ROH fans.
well i am not a ROH fan.. i like certain indy wrestlers but thats it

yeah goldberg had the better look but edge was more entertaining and that is all you need to better than someone else for me

·
Registered
120 Posts
Considering Goldberg played American Football, it is to be expected that his Spear be more powerful than Edge's. However, I enjoy Edge's spear more all round. The build up, the run, the aftermath. My favourite wrestling move EVER is Edge's spear.

Way to go, btw. Compare the best spear EVER with Edge's worst.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts