Wrestling Forum banner

Striker Or Booker

3653 Views 54 Replies 51 Participants Last post by  The Enforcer
I say Striker, I don't understand why they made the change in less they plan on moving Striker to RAW & work with Cole & The King. I think Booker should have worked up his way up from Superstars instead of being insterted in.

Who you got?
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
I agree with you. I really don't like Booker T on commentary at all. I just can't stand him. I absolutly love Striker and am really hoping he's moving to Raw so that way both shows will be equal. I really was hoping for a Todd, Matthews and Striker on Smackdown and maybe just Cole and Lawler on Raw...idk all I know is I miss Matt's voice.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
I would like Striker and Booker T. I dont want Cole on both shows, Raw is enough for him
This is the correct answer.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Striker, although it's only fair to give Booker a chance to get back in the swing of things.

Personally, I hope Striker ends up on Raw - assuming the Cole/King at Wrestlemania rumors are true, how could they continue to do commentary together after that? At least a third guy could sit in the middle and ease the tension.

No matter what, Striker is way too entertaining on commentary to be relegated to Superstars.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
I'm torn. I'm a big fan of Striker's commentary work. He brings a great knowledge of wrestling and his own personality to the fore. Thing is, so does Booker T. I'd prefer them 2 to be on Smackdown and just have Cole on RAW. I understand Vince wants to shove him down out throats to get him more heat but he doesn't need it.

· Registered
6,870 Posts
I also want both. Cole does nothing for SmackDown except verbally fap over Vickie, which Striker was perfectly capable of doing anyway. I'd like Striker/Booker/Matthews on SD and Cole/Matthews on Raw. Yeah, I'm a Matthews mark.

· Registered
1,071 Posts
Booker T is horrible on commentary. the only reason why striker is gone because the King and Cole can't stand working with him in real life. ironic. king and cole suck balls.insert josh mathews on raw and booker t on smackdown.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Booker T is better on commentary then Striker.

I'd been saying for months that the SmackDown commentary team had been suffering from long periods of silence, angles/talent not being put over properly. But the moment the Book-man arrives all of that stops. I'm not blaming the problems SmackDown commentary had solely on Striker, I just feel Cole/Mathews/Booker have better chemistry then Cole/Mathews/Striker.

· Banned
906 Posts
I'm so glad Striker is gone, I can't stand the guy. Booker's alright, he seems more like an old-school announcer and given time, he will be fine.

As for the person above who said Booker gets genuinely flustered by Cole, wake up! Booker has been in pro wrestling a long time, enough to know that everything is a work.

· Ho!
20,568 Posts
Easily Striker. Booker's alright, but Striker's the best WWE's got on commentary as far as I'm concerned. I've actually found the past couple of smackdown's a bit less enjoyable with out Striker's commentary.

Though I think they should have just taken Cole off SD and let Booker take his spot. But meh, as long as it leads to Striker going to Raw, I'll be happy.

· Registered
1,507 Posts
Right now I'd probably say Striker because after the addition of Booker the announcing sounds even more terrible tbh. I don't just blame Booker though, I blame the lack of flow and chemistry between Booker, Cole and Mathews.

I'm really starting to hate Cole. I didn't mind him before but now the only time he actually calls the match is when the heels are on top. Other than that he's consistently trying to make the other commentators look stupid. The overall commentary sounds absolutely ridiculous when it's full of guys just arguing between themselves not paying attention to the action. It really craps all over a match imo. It can be entertaining at times but it's done to the point where it gets annoying.

I hope to god they bring JR back for Wrestlemania.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
I miss Matt Striker but I think Booker should atleast be given a chance, he's commentated for just 2 weeks so he won't exactly be in good form yet.

And yes like many said I want Matthews/Booker/Striker. I'm a proud Cole Miner but his place is on RAW.

· Super Nexus 64
308 Posts
Striker and Booker for me. I like Striker's analytical commentating and Booker's way of keeping it real. For the people who say they cant understand Booker, wasn't Dusty Rhodes a phenomenal commenator who spoke mostly mumbo jumbo?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.