Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
women sense my power and they seek the life essenc
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Not much info other than that. Capcom's making it. Third Strike's having new shit added apparently.

Edit: Namco announced Tekken vs. Street Fighter as well.

Here's a trailer for SF vs. Tekken from the back of the room:

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken and Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Annou

Dude. Street Fighter vs Tekken? AWESOMENESS!

·
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken and Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Annou

trailer and gameplay http://www.ironstarmovement.com/profiles/blogs/its-real-street-fighter-x

apparently theres 2 versions sf x tekken which plays like street fighter and tekken x sf which plays like tekken. cannot wait to play them.
Looks like they're going in the style of CvS rather than MvC. Looks cool.

The one that Namco's making is a tag game as well and we all know that Tekken Tag Tournament was the best one so that has potential to be awesome.

Fuck now I want to pull out Super SF IV ><

·
BULK SEASON
4,427 Posts

Stop fucking around, Tekken Vs SF?

OMG YES, Jin vs Ryu finally I can make it happen.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

I'm glad they went with Kazuya rather than Jin in the trailer. I remember back when Tekken 1 came out, Kaz seemed liked a Ryu clone.

I'm not too sure if making two games is a great idea, I hope they're released together or something, I really don't want to pay 70 bucks each.

I like Tekken & i'm just starting to get into SF,but i'd much rather prefer Soul Caliber Vs Street Fighter. Either i'll most likely get this game.
Same. You'd think since they're both made by Namco we would of gotten more cross-overs.

I still can't believe we're getting a Tekken/Street Fighter cross over and not a Tekken/Virtual Fighter or Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat cross over.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts

...Am I the only one who only cares about THE BEST STREET FIGHTER GAME EVER GETTING A FUCKING ONLINE REMAKE!

·
Banned
7,852 Posts

I don't really care about Street Fighter vs Tekken tbh.

I prefer Street Fighter controls for Street Fighter and Tekken controls for Tekken, all I see is a cash in.

I felt kinda embarrassed for the people in the video to who were cheering. Erm It's a game :s

·
Altered State
5,976 Posts

Wait... I'm assuming that its going to be 2D by the trailer, so how are they going to adapt the tekken guys to it? They all have their own combos and unique attributes that can only work on a 3D plane.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts

I really need to get a PS3 once I get my own place.

·
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Wait... I'm assuming that its going to be 2D by the trailer, so how are they going to adapt the tekken guys to it? They all have their own combos and unique attributes that can only work on a 3D plane.
Adapting Street Fighter characters to 3d will be harder

·
40,592 Posts

Adapting Street Fighter characters to 3d will be harder
This is what I was thinking. The Tekken guys going 2D will just have some tweaks here and there and juggling and the wall and wake up games will be eliminated I assume.

The Street Fighter characters will have to gain all this complexity that Tekken offers. Not saying Street Fighter is simple either, not at all, just that Tekken is more complex due to what's involved in the game.

·
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

This is what I was thinking. The Tekken guys going 2D will just have some tweaks here and there and juggling and the wall and wake up games will be eliminated I assume.

The Street Fighter characters will have to gain all this complexity that Tekken offers. Not saying Street Fighter is simple either, not at all, just that Tekken is more complex due to what's involved in the game.
Yeah, 3D fighters have way more moves basically

·
ONE MAN TEAM
4,123 Posts

Looks like they're going in the style of CvS rather than MvC. Looks cool.

The one that Namco's making is a tag game as well and we all know that Tekken Tag Tournament was the best one so that has potential to be awesome.

Fuck now I want to pull out Super SF IV ><
ye i saw the trailer where chun li tags in for ryu and then nina tags in for kazuya.

if the trailer/gameplay video was infact gameplay then i have no worries about the tekken fighters. Kazuya was pulling off his signature moves like they do in sf so it should work out.

only problem the release date is 2012 :(

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like this idea. So yeah, you guys have fun with SxT.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts