Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Loved season 3. Loved it. They improved on almost every facet from Season 2 (i liked Season 2 as well). However, the show must end season 4 imo. There's really not much more else to squeeze out from this storyline. Also, I believe they could've even ended this series perfectly this season with that amazing last episode. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Steve and Robin was my favorite part of the season and at the end I wanted Robin to get the Billy death, only about a thousand times more painful and gruesome. Fuck these writers for that swerve. Makes M Night Shamalamadingdong look like a genius.

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
Steve and Robin was my favorite part of the season and at the end I wanted Robin to get the Billy death, only about a thousand times more painful and gruesome. Fuck these writers for that swerve. Makes M Night Shamalamadingdong look like a genius.
IKR? Poor guy. When will he get some? :cry

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
eh, i'm 50/50 on robin. will re-assess when i re-watch season 3

tho i went from liking steve in seasons 1 & 2 to disliking him in season 3

billy is best imo

re-watching atm. season 2 just feels a little off, pacing feels weird

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
This might sound hyperbolic, but it just may have killed the season for me.

There was a lot of shakiness with the series before that point, but it was still solid and also had the benefit of Mr. Wheeler parading around in a swimsuit, but then the reveal came and it felt like a giant turd landed on my face.

I actually said "oh fuck you!" to the television screen :lol

It didn't help matters that everything starting tumbling downhill after that point.

edit: and before anyone flips out, the problem wasn't Robin being gay, the problem was presenting a character and a story-arch and then throwing it out the window for a random swerve with no set up, logic, or place in the story, simply to deliver a ham-fisted political message.

·
Premium Member
44,040 Posts
The Robin twist didn't kill the season for me, but it did make me roll my eyes.

This is heightened by the fact that I literally hated every other couple on the show this season. Literally all of them. They really leaned into the whole idea that friction leads to passion because all of the paired off ships were just arguing the entire time and it got super obnoxious.

Then you had this one pairing that started off with playful sniping at each other, then developed more and more chemistry with each other as the season progressed and they were actually cute together.

And then YOINK! No happy couple here!

If I didn't hate all the other couples, this wouldn't have bothered me that much, but after spending most of the season groaning every time Nancy and Johnathan were on screen, or yelling for Joyce and Hopper to shut up, or yelling for Max to leave Lucas alone, or begging for Mike and Elle to just stop, it felt like I was being trolled when it turned out the one couple I kind of cared about couldn't happen.

Thanks show. You got me, lol.

·
40,760 Posts
Robin and Steve as buddies is better for this show. I mean we could've had Steve and Robin leaning in to kiss in slow motion to a Tears for Fears/Simple Minds/Peter Gabriel/etc song but we've seen that movie.

I don't see Robin as a political agenda but I do agree her classroom story was written in a contrived way to swerve later. Whatever though, I like the character and the actress.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
My only real annoyance with season 3 is the horrific disservice it did to Will. He just felt like he had no real character after like episode 3 of this season and was just shoved into the background as an "oh and Will was there too while everyone else was doing all the even vaguely important stuff."

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
re-watching season 3

enjoying the early scenes with robin

not sure what they do for season 4 though, if there is to be one

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
My only real annoyance with season 3 is the horrific disservice it did to Will. He just felt like he had no real character after like episode 3 of this season and was just shoved into the background as an "oh and Will was there too while everyone else was doing all the even vaguely important stuff."
Will was never never supposed to be a major character. He was very important to the first season but in terms of the actors playing the character he was hardly in it. He spent most of the second season in a coma. They're not suddenly going to focus on him in the third season.

·
Premium Member
44,040 Posts
(sees thumbnail of S4 teaser)

Well...fuck.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts