Wrestling Forum banner

Straight To the Point

3372 Views 48 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  truk83
Last Night we saw Cena opening RAW followed by Randy Orton..and then John Morrison interrupts them with full confidence with short promo and very good mic work and straight to the point.

Tell me how is John Morrison "now" bad on the mic?
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· #WoodwardOut #LUHG
16,262 Posts
Because he doesn't have a catchphrase, doesn't cater to kids, doesn't rip off steve austin and doesn't wrestling soo badly he gives himself concussions.

· Banned
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John Morrison is TERRIBLE on the mic. He even does the old Bret Hart trick of wearing sunglasses whilst speaking because without them his awkwardness is exemplified.

He spoke too fast, didn't wait for the crowd reaction and just generally talked like he was reading a script. He is really, really horrible on the mic.
Didn't wait for crowd reaction? Probably you were watching another episode of RAW.I believe he was given only around a minute to speak, Ziggles and Vickie got a minute & 20 seconds truth got 50 seconds.You are just not giving him a chance

· Registered
240 Posts
Didn't wait for crowd reaction? Probably you were watching another episode of RAW.I believe he was given only around a minute to speak, Ziggles and Vickie got a minute & 20 seconds truth got 50 seconds.You are just not giving him a chance
By waiting for the crowd, I'm talking more about phrasing. Ziggler, Orton, Cena, R-Truth and Vickie all know when to pause and how to space out their sentences. Morrison's delivery is just so awkward, like he wants to spit out the script as fast as possible and get out of there.

It's hard to explain, but I'm a huge fan of Morrison and think with a manager he could be the biggest star in the WWE, but I cringe whenever he's talking.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
There was NOTHING wrong with Morrison on the mic on RAW. In fact he showed a little character going on to say that the main event title scene needs some fresh blood...would have made more sense if they had him actually in the number one contender match with Cena but still. He was fine on the mic, to the point, made sense, didn't sound horrible.

People need to stop compalining, it seems that if you aren't Rock or Austin on the mic, or don't have a catchphrase, don't scream down the microphone etc...your shit.

· Harley's Circus
2,569 Posts
Morrison is the monday night delight
His mic work is the most original stuff Iv'e seen since Jake the Snake.
Hes definitely getting a push the way everyone has been up in arms over R-truth getting a title shot.

· Registered
806 Posts
It was fine. A little bit wavery, but he was loud enough and had a decent tone. And why is it such a bad thing to wear shades to calm his awkwardness? The dude is learning.

· Registered
6,087 Posts
He's been doing this for too long to still be "learning". He cannot connect with a crowd and that is his downfall. He wasn't talking, he was acting. It's all too forced.

· Registered
1,388 Posts
What gets me is there are all those arguments that "he's horrible on the mic, blahdeblahblah", but he gets so little time to speak that there's no opportunity to improve. He's one who would really benefit from being given quick little 30 second things during his entrance.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.