Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this may be random I feel like Richie Steamboat has a storyline already waiting for him once he debuts in the WWE. If we go back over a year ago Nexus/Corre beat the hell out of Steamboat's father. Apparently from that Steamboat Sr had actually seek real medical attention.

How about Richie debuts, but we don't get to see it until some point down the line. Heath Slater, Wade Barrett, Otunga, and even Justin Gabriel could be the focus points of mysterious attacks over the course of several weeks. Ultimately it would force a simple reunion with the original members within the WWE being Wade, Slater, Gabriel, and Otunga. Then, Husky makes his return, and he says he along with Sheffield caught the guy responsible, and have him captive in their truck. They unmask the man, and it's revealed at Richie Steamboat, the son of Ricky Steamboat. They give him a beat down of his life until the lights go out, and Steamboat disappears. The Dragon lives.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I honestly wouldn't mind that at all but where would that leave them after the beat down? They cant just reform and stay that way. It would be like reversing everyone back.

Instead of Husky, why not Darren Young since he is an actual original member.

This might work better if he debuted and just attacked Barret, since he was pulling the strings and barking orders.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Gabriel should get beatdown but not Terran with the otters since e is face now. He could explain that his actions caught up to him and him and richie have moved on and are done with each other now.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I think just keeping it as the three on tv now, Barrett, Otunga and Slater would be enough. Also, have Richie make himself known first. If he is revealed like that people would basically be like "who the fuck is that?". Have him debut in a match in a winning effort and afterwards have him introduce himself and say that he has a personal agenda to tend to and he means to deal with quickly. Then have him take Slater and Otunga out, similar to how Stone Cold took out NWO and I believe DX in separate occasions.

Then Richie confronts Wade and and the two brawl. Leading to a match at the follow PPV which ends with Wade getting the pin after Slater and Otunga interfere. Then the following PPV features a Cage match which Richie wins via pinfall.

That's how I would book it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Gabriel should get beatdown but not Terran with the otters since e is face now. He could explain that his actions caught up to him and him and richie have moved on and are done with each other now.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I think just keeping it as the three on tv now, Barrett, Otunga and Slater would be enough. Also, have Richie make himself known first. If he is revealed like that people would basically be like "who the fuck is that?". Have him debut in a match in a winning effort and afterwards have him introduce himself and say that he has a personal agenda to tend to and he means to deal with quickly. Then have him take Slater and Otunga out, similar to how Stone Cold took out NWO and I believe DX in separate occasions.

Then Richie confronts Wade and and the two brawl. Leading to a match at the follow PPV which ends with Wade getting the pin after Slater and Otunga interfere. Then the following PPV features a Cage match which Richie wins via pinfall.

That's how I would book it.
That's actually what I liked about the idea. It gives people a reason to care about him. All we need is the announcers to say "omg! that's Ricky Steamboats son! We heard he was making his debut but what an impact" or something along the lines. It could get him over real nice.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I like your idea very much, except the last part where the lights go out and he disappears, that would be a little weird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts