Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
39,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No this might seem simular to past ideas done but I had an idea for a big storyline: We get this upper midcard heel, one with main even potential. He keeps complaining that he should be in the main event, even though there is plenty of kayfabe evidence saying why he shouldn't.

He gets to the point that he starts harrassing Dixie and says that she'll be sorry if she dosen't give in. Dixie calls his bluff, saying that he'll be nothing elsewhere and that he has no options. The heel says "There are always options"

Not long after, the heel and someother wrestlers interupt a main event. Dixie comes out and states calls them pathetic for starting yet another invasion. However, the heel produces papers, saying that he and his associates are not invading TNA, but breaking away and starting thier own company (RCW, Renegade Championship Wrestling) and the papers show that they have indeed done that.

To later legitimize it, The RCW guys come out with thier own title belts and a declaration from Spike that they would get thier own show. Dixie calls them out on how they could do this on thier own and the Heel says they didn't.

Out comes Jeff Jarret. He says that he help finance RCW because he hates the fact that he doesn't control TNA and that Dixie stole it from him. Dixie conter-points and states that TNA would have died in its first her if not for her and her family. All Jarrett did was use the company to put himself over. Jarrett shows he doesn't care about TNA anymore and that he, The Heel and RCW are going to raid everything they can from TNA, make RCW huge and let TNA rot and die. (Note that The Heel would be the leader, Jarrett would be his partner)

The next month or so, both companies stay on thier own shows, save for a few hit and runs. Then a massive attack from RCW and TNA goes on the offensive. Titles go back forth between wrestlers and brands.

In the final battle, a team battle would deside the fact of both companies. To help make it seem less perdictable (most fans, mostly the IWC, would perdict that TNA would win) TNA would make a hint that they were going to change thier name. This would bring more speculation. In the match itself, the possiblity that TNA would lose would seem more evident. TNA would of course win.

After the end, Dixie states that there will be a series of unification matches and if a former RCW loses, it would be a long time before they'd ever get another title shot. The matches happen, the belts are unified and TNA goes to the next storyline.

What do ya think lads and lasses?

· Premium Member
4,422 Posts
TNA has been running the civil war angle for going on 9 years. Each year there has been a company conspiracy and struggle for power and a heel group trying to take over the company. I'm tired of that. Your idea will just make sure its a decade of instability and no one getting over and TNA not making any stars.

· Banned
10,027 Posts
TNA has had a civil war going on for its entire duration of existence. I can't remember a time in TNA where the storyline wasn't about tna originals protecting their company.

· Registered
39,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hold on a sec. The MEM and Immortal wasn't so much a civil war as is was a bunch of greed assholes trying to take over. This is a bunch of guys breaking away and starting thier own company and just want to stick it to TNA. They don't care about taking over. Its playing the concept of a Civil War straight. Guys breaking away, starting there own company, not stable but a company and going after the guys they don't like.

You get watch Im getting at?

· Registered
39,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How bout one babyface vs one heel, along with promo time & video packages for the two.
What, that old roatine?

Fine I get it, you arn't sold on the idea. Lets face it, wrestling (WWE and TNA) need something a little different and big. This is just an idea I had floating around in my head for a while. Blame TV Tropes' wrestling page.

Heck I got a lot of interesting, different and slightly unorthodox ideas for storylines.

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,636 Posts
What, that old roatine?

Fine I get it, you arn't sold on the idea. Lets face it, wrestling (WWE and TNA) need something a little different and big. This is just an idea I had floating around in my head for a while. Blame TV Tropes' wrestling page.

Heck I got a lot of interesting, different and slightly unorthodox ideas for storylines.
That old routine? If TNA simplified the way they do things, people would be dying to buy tickets.

Imagine a feud where a face Jeff Hardy takes on a heel & World Champion Mr. Anderson. Hell, how bout a face Pope Dinero vs a heel Mr. Anderson.

Look at what WWE doing right now with CM Punk/Orton, & Taker/HHH in one night.

· Banned
10,027 Posts
How about two great wrestlers taking each other on to see which one is the best after a long period of build up? HBK vs Taker, Rock vs Austin, Hogan vs Andre, etc....

· Banned
2,204 Posts
Civil war huh? comic book refrances seems to be the flavor of the moment

· Banned
10,027 Posts
^ meh. it was by far the best storyline in the history of marvel imo. It kept me waiting for the next week's issue to come out. Secret Invasion and Dark Reign sucked ass.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
^My point has been proven

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.