Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently decided to start exploring the forums. I come across the rants section and what do I see? All this bitching about how the forums are run and how the mods suck. Why is it that none of you can appreciate the amount of work that goes into running and maintaining this site? It's amazing how you all love posting here and want to be members yet pick apart every little problem with the forums. I'm not saying there aren't problems but you don't need to be so critical of them. This is a really good forum which I enjoy immensely. Maybe you would too if you stopped looking at things that are wrong with it and start enjoying the good things about it.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Problems have actually been identified by the owner of the site, rather than just its members. These are being addressed in a thread in Suggestions and Feedback. It's not all bad though.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
The sexy beast BDV said:
I think the threads that need to be closed are being closed. We could perhaps use another supermod but otherwise the staff is peachy. I don't think that's where the problem lies, or if any problem exists at all.
Yeah I echo your sentiments man. People choose to overly focus on the negative with a lot of things. Owning and running my own forum has certainly shown me a thing or two about how hard it is to maintain a forum on a much smaller scale than a goliath like W-E. Being on the staff here has also given me more appreciation for when it's running smoothly, it's not an easy job keeping the 700 or so active posters per day in line.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts

:lmao

Nah man, I hear what you're saying. But it's the rants section. If people wanna bitch...they have the right. But the reason it's so all over the place now is because of what's going on with the boards. Give it a few weeks and it'll settle down.

(Heh, found that pic in someone's sig on another board, had to post it!)

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
There were problems with the forums, and some of the members didn't like what was going on, so they said changes need to be maid. Now since Boss came and changed things a little, it looks better. I hope it will continue going that way,.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Things are getting better, and they will continue to get better, BB is mod, BDV is super mod, and nitemare should be back sooner then later. So what, everyone goes through some sort of shitty recession, from what I've heard W-E had a golden age. Since W-E went through a recession, it only means that it's going to be better.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
BabyBoy said:
uhm, forums ARE NOT hard to run. Ask anybody who knows what they're doing.
Posting in every forum, keeping e-feds running, making sure staff doesn't go inactive, there's a lot to do as well as anything you can learn hack wise, there's always something else to do to keep improving it. But hey, whatever you think BB. Matter of opinion. I personally try damn hard for BDW and know it's difficult to run.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Well, I guess it's just your interpretation as hard. Oh, and after rereading my comment, the 'uhm, forums ARE NOT hard to run. Ask anybody who knows what they're doing.' line wasn't supposed to be an insult to you or anything. I should have added anybody else. <3

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
SHAME ON YOU!!!

Anyway. I hear BDV on this. I haven't ran a forum, so hand's on, I can't comment. But I know many a folks who have. And when the place means something to ya, it's always in the works. It becomes more than a hobby. Acctualy turns into a second job. (Cept the pay sucks! And the hours can be long.)

·
Banned
3,331 Posts
OMG ITS LEE!!! How are you? Long time no see, I missed you. (in a totally ungay way of course, ok? :argh: )

·
Banned
3,331 Posts
No they won in my mind and played the Steelers better than any team has. Eli showed his good stuff finally also.

o

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
I_AM_SlaM said:
when the place means something to ya, it's always in the works. It becomes more than a hobby. Acctualy turns into a second job.
Exactly man. It's how much you care

Nitemare said:
Forums are easy to run if they can maintain themselves.

WEForums can.
It's also how much of it is yours, which I understand is 0% to you, cuz.

·
Banned
10,502 Posts
orton17 said:
No they won in my mind and played the Steelers better than any team has. Eli showed his good stuff finally also.

o
Yeah! but the record is "L" on team standing. but i still like them. :no:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts