Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my buddy were talking about perfect match ups that, if they could take place with both superstars in their prime, would be amazing and this is the one I came up with. Now, the whole point of this thread is to pair up people that really couldn't be paired up due to wrestling during different time periods and mention storylines or whatever you want and why you think it would be a great feud.

Now, here's why I chose Austin vs Punk. Think about it, on one hand you have CM Punk who is Straight Edge and preaching to the whole "WWE Universe" about joining his society. He says drugs, alcohol and pretty much anything else the people do is wrong. On the other hand, you have Stone Cold, a person so anti-straight edge that represents the "every man" that CM Punk is so against. I think it would've been awesome to see these two go at it and feud. The promo's alone would've been epic. Picture CM Punk preaching about being straight edge then getting interrupted by the shattering glass. Stone Cold wrecking shop on the S.E.S. then celebrating over them with a beer, maybe even pooring a beer onto Punk. Then it ultimately culminating at an epic pay per view. I've really been thinking about how much storylines/story telling was so much better back in the day and I think these two really could tell a story both in and outside of the ring. In my opinion, it would have been a perfect feud if they wrestled during the same time period. I'm not suggesting this match takes place now, so don't call me an idiot, I'm suggesting that it would have been a great feud if it was possible.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Also, what wrestlers would you have liked to see feud that couldn't and why? Finally, what current wrestlers do you think would match up good in a feud with some legendary wrestlers?

Have fun with this because I think it would be interesting to see everyone's match ups and feud ideas.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
I have always fantasized about this match. Not only are Austin and Punk polar opposites in terms of gimmick, both are incredible mic workers and great wrestlers. A feud between these two could be one of the greatest of all time.

The irony of all this?

Stone Cold is CM Punk's idol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to have been able to see Beth Phoenix go against Chyna because they basically took the same basic paths. They both had better rivalries with the men than with the other divas and they are the only two divas to ever be in the Royal Rumble. I think that a rivalry between these two, if it could ever happen, would be classic, if done right.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I have always fantasized about this match. Not only are Austin and Punk polar opposites in terms of gimmick, both are incredible mic workers and great wrestlers. A feud between these two could be one of the greatest of all time.

The irony of all this?

lolat Punk's hair.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

The irony of all this?

hahahahaha, what a great picture. OMG, look at Davey Boy Smith in the back! hahahahahaha, love it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
first of all, the picture is hilarious, secondly there's some good ideas here. I especially like Jake vs Orton, HBK 96 vs Sting 92, and Beth vs Chyna...Ministry Taker vs Cena would be great as well

·
Premium Member
43,784 Posts
Well Austin can't wrestle, so I don't see a point in doing the angle. It was like the stuff they did with Santino when The Condemned came out. No match, Austin just kicked his ass because that's all Austin can do at this point.

If Austin could wrestle, I think it'd be great, but if he can't, then don't even do it because Austin's just going to kick Punk's ass, and that doesn't really do anyone any favors.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not saying to actually do it now, the initial reason for this post wasn't to say Austin vs Punk should happen in 2010...it was to say that in their prime it would be a good feud and then provide a storyline to the feud.

Then the second reasoning for this thread was for you guys to suggest feuds that you think would be great, but couldn't happen today because either one wrestler can't wrestle anymore, or they're both retired. It's basically about what feuds you'd like to see, what you think the storylines would be like and why you'd like to see it. For example, one of the posters put Jake the Snake vs Orton (impossible to happen today, but would be great to see), Another put Chyna vs Beth Phoenix (again, impossible to happen at this moment, but they gave their reasoning for wanting to see it and what they would do storyline was). So, with that being said, does anyone else have ideas or opinions?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^^I remember back in 98 (5th and 6th grade) getting in legit arguments with my friends who would win. I was and still am a big Austin mark and always said Austin and I had two specific friends who liked Goldberg. Every magazine went over this argument as well and constantly had the two on their covers. I agree, it would have been epic if it could have happened in 98...probably the biggest draw of all time really. Think about it, 98 was a time where wrestling was at it's heighest ratings, Stone Cold was THE man in wrestling and Goldberg was huge. It really would have been great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts