Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the reason why this angle is tanking so hard. I thought this was about getting Bryan over. Instead, Daniel Bryan is hardly featured. Sure, he's in the main event, and they've given him some segments to build it up, but Big Show is being written in a way that it steals way too much of the focus from Bryan. I've always been a fan of the whole show spanning storylines with the authority getting into it with mutliple superstars, but why is Big Show getting the biggest rub? Why can't Bryan do some crazy shit and show his personality and character?

I mean, they MIGHT be saving the big parts of the angle with Bryan for later, but I still do not get why it makes sense to make Big Show all but the top face on Raw by default.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Does anyone remember Orton is a part of this?

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone remember Orton is a part of this?
Yeah, Orton is being left out severely. He's competing for the title, but he just feels there to be a token opponent for Bryan because they don't want to give away HHH vs Bryan yet.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
Not featuring Bryan as the sole face taking on the big bad guys is probably a good thing for Bryan in the long run. Considering this thing is probably going to go to WM at least, there's a chance Bryan could become overexposed. Bryan will come out at the end looking strong, so I wouldn't worry about it. Big Show will probably turn heel at some stage too, because that's what Big Show does. That way he can turn face again around SummerSlam next year, leading to a heel turn for the WrestleMania after that. Rinse and repeat (unfortunately).

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
The face of the company. :show

Seriously though, why is a 40+ year old man getting so much spotlight? They should be building their younger stars.
You forgot someone. :cena5

Anyway, it is fine for me. Most of the young guys suck in my opinion and the ones that I like are getting pushes. Shield, Rhodes, The Uso's and The Wyatt's. Apart from those guys, I would rather not see the young ones if they're not entertaining. I don't care how old they are.

Also, they are building stars? NXT? The performance centre? Yeah, they should learn to be great there than be on TV because they are young.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Is the reason why this angle is tanking so hard. I thought this was about getting Bryan over. Instead, Daniel Bryan is hardly featured. Sure, he's in the main event, and they've given him some segments to build it up, but Big Show is being written in a way that it steals way too much of the focus from Bryan. I've always been a fan of the whole show spanning storylines with the authority getting into it with mutliple superstars, but why is Big Show getting the biggest rub? Why can't Bryan do some crazy shit and show his personality and character?

I mean, they MIGHT be saving the big parts of the angle with Bryan for later, but I still do not get why it makes sense to make Big Show all but the top face on Raw by default.
Too be honest, i'm glad they're not over exposing Bryan and the whole storyline with HHH. If Bryan does have a run with the gold, then is HHH gonna just stop caring and focus his attentions on someone else. They need to play it out slowly and don't overexpose it to the point where it loses it's legs too quickly.

Having Show, and Rhodes and Goldust and anyone else being involved will only help Bryans storyline in the long run IMO.

As for Big Show...I was sitting watching last nights raw and wondered whether it would be a good idea to repackage him as Paul Wight. Mix his character up a bit and for the sake of him being fired, it would kind of make sense for him to keep showing up and going by his real name.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
HHH is going to go over Big Show making him look even stronger.It will be a bigger obstacle for Daniel Bryan to overcome thus making him a superstar when he beats HHH at Wrestlemania.

I don't think HHH and Bryan should have a feud right now.It should start around Royal Rumble and culminate at Wrestlemania.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
HHH is going to go over Big Show making him look even stronger.It will be a bigger obstacle for Daniel Bryan to overcome thus making him a superstar when he beats HHH at Wrestlemania.

I don't think HHH and Bryan should have a feud right now.It should start around Royal Rumble and culminate at Wrestlemania.
I think it still will. HHH will countine to stop DB from winning the title then, DB will win a rumble qualifying match. HHH puts him at #1 and DB wins rumble. HHH being angery at the superstars says I have to do whats best for buissness and put myself in the wwe title chamber match. He wins it. Him vs DB at WM30, DB wins

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
will countine to stop DB from winning the title then, DB will win a rumble qualifying match. HHH puts him at #1 and DB wins rumble. HHH being angery at the superstars says I have to do whats best for buissness and put myself in the wwe title chamber match. He wins it. Him vs DB at WM30, DB wins
I would book it almost the same with one small difference.

I would have HHH to win the WWE Championship before RR.Then HHH would put Bryan's number one contender status for WWE title at WM on the line by placing him in a EC match.Bryan would emerge victorious there too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts