Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The roof almost blew off as The Acclaimed's music hit, same thing when they won the titles. It is a head scratcher as to why they are so over, but the reaction they get remind me of when Stone cold's music would hit.

So how did this previously jobber YouTube team get so over? Is it because of a rub from Billy Gunn? If that was the case then his boys would also be as popular.

I personally think it is their entrance theme and Max's rapping. Also that brief friendship storyline with the Gunn Club added some fuel. We hated when they split them up but we know now that the ultimate goal was to put the Acclaimed at the top.

Thoughts? Are you a fan?

·
Registered
The Archbishop of Banterbury
5,788 Posts
Because they're supremely talented and effortlessly entertaining. Castor's raps are edgy and hilarious and the Scissor me Daddy Ass thing has become the new Suck It.

I think that the drama with Castor earlier in their run also drummed up a lot of sympathy for them, as it was obvious they were something special early on.

Those crywankers that say that TK doesn't listen to his audience or push younger stars can truly eat their words with this team.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
The roof almost blew off as The Acclaimed's music hit, same thing when they won the titles. It is a head scratcher as to why they are so over, but the reaction they get remind me of when Stone cold's music would hit.

So how did this previously jobber YouTube team get so over? Is it because of a rub from Billy Gunn? If that was the case then his boys would also be as popular.

I personally think it is their entrance theme and Max's rapping. Also that brief friendship storyline with the Gunn Club added some fuel. We hated when they split them up but we know now that the ultimate goal was to put the Acclaimed at the top.

Thoughts? Are you a fan?
Max’s rapping has been the slow, steady build.

But it comes down to two words.

DADDY ASS

It’s hilarious when coupled with the Acclaimed. Lightning in a bottle. I’m glad AEW capitalized.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
They're just entertaining, which is the whole point of it, right? As a fan, I want to see them, so they're doing their job like they're supposed to.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The reason I watched dark 12-24months ago was to watch their progress along with Starks and Hobbs, Bowens used to be so awkward but he’s truly embraced his role and ran with it. Caster can talk and is charismatic has the odd botch in him but I’m a fan regardless massive success story for AEW who would have thought that The Acclaimed would be the first homegrown tag champions.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
No rub from Billy Gunn, it's 2022 not '98.

Favourite tag team in the wrestling world at the moment. They entertain me. The full package. Over as fuck.

Everybody loves the acclaimed.
Definitely a rub from Billy Gunn. Scissor me daddy just works better with him.

Also credit to him for abandoning his sons. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously the rap battle and the promo with FTR made me realize these boys have a certain it factor and also some promo ability. Until recently I considered them just a tag team of Brock Andersons. Now I think they can actually make it as a legit tag team.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
The reason I watched dark 12-24months ago was to watch their progress along with Starks and Hobbs, Bowens used to be so awkward but he’s truly embraced his role and ran with it. Caster can talk and is charismatic has the odd botch in him but I’m a fan regardless massive success story for AEW who would have thought that The Acclaimed would be the first homegrown tag champions.
Jurassic Express?

·
Registered
*coin drop*
13,217 Posts
They're drawing good P18-49 numbers in the ratings too (highest during Grand Slam), which is why I don't expect this to be a quick, sentimental title reign but a decent length one as that's the metric TK will want to get as high as possible before renewal time.

They've come a long way since this awkward as f**k debut promo on Dark. Ironically, they've kind of taken Trent/Chuck's spot as that loveable tag team.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts