Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Per Dave Meltzer...

– The latest issue of Power Slam features an interview with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and the WWE Hall of Famer is asked if he envisages himself returning to the squared circle for one more match.

“Awww, man. Look, I’ll tell you this much: If I was going to do anything in WWE, I’d do something with Punk,” he responded.
“Like I said, I love what he’s doing, and there’s a lot of parallels. I’m not saying it’s definitely going to happen, but if I could cherry-pick my opponent, and all the stars lined up, I’d love to work a program with him.”

So, if this match does happen...would Austin be willing to job to Punk...to pass the torch?

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
He's said everything except blatantly say that he will work a program with CM Punk. I think it's likely to happen, not sure if WM28 or 29, but Austin looks desperate to have one more match.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
If it happens at all, I wouldn't say Wrestlemania 28 is out of the question.. Interesting to see how fans would react to that, because I highly doubt SCSA would return as a heel. I would cheer for both and enjoy the match greatly.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
So, would Austin be willing to job to Punk...to pass the torch?
Job isn't the word to use. It's called putting over. Just like the Rock should be willing to put over Cena, Austin should do the same for Punk.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
Austin put Rock over in his last match, I see no reason why Austin wouldn't put Punk over. Makes no sense for Austin to win.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Again, you always make your current generation look better and stronger than the past, despite fan opinion on the matter. That's why I would think Austin and Rock are willing to put over Cena and Punk.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
What about Austin's feuds with dinosaurs pretending to be people and the Landshark Mafia? Will they be incorporated somehow?

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
There is no way that Austin and Rock wrestle the same WM, especially this year. Maybe a WM 29 with Taker/Cena and Austin/Punk would be more possible but WM 28 will be Rock's Wrestlemania and Austin/Punk doesn't deserve to be overshadowed.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I dont why but I feel like if Austin went over Punk, people would blindly accept it and say its cool because its Austin. Hes the be all end all of wrestling, he can go over and all that. I feel like Punk losing to Austin does a lot more damage than Cena losing to Rock. Both Cena & Punk should go over in their respective matches though.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
then everyone would automatically boo punk - that match would be interesting but punk is a microphone person austin is a guy who kicks you in the gut if you talk to much...fans will just end up thinking CM PUNK is a bitch but i don't know i guess that would be interesting

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Austin seems like he wants to have another match but he doesn't want to commit to the idea. I have no clue what is going on inside his head, but if I had a guess, it seems like he is weary about committing to having another match due to his health. He has stated before that his neck is 100% now. I'm thinking his is a bit weary about re-injuring himself. Which is understandable. For as much as I want to see Austin vs. Punk, I don't want to see Austin hurt himself.

If this match did happen, I think Austin would have no problem putting Punk over. Austin seems to really like CM Punk. I could see Punk going over. Then the next night on RAW, Austin puts over Punk, they shake hands, then CM Punk eats a stunner.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Austin put Rock over in his last match, I see no reason why Austin wouldn't put Punk over. Makes no sense for Austin to win.
lol @ put the Rock over. Vince made him put The Rock over. Besides, Austin had won their last 2 WM bout, so the Rock winning the last one was inevitable.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Austin seems like he wants to have another match but he doesn't want to commit to the idea. I have no clue what is going on inside his head, but if I had a guess, it seems like he is weary about committing to having another match due to his health. He has stated before that his neck is 100% now. I'm thinking his is a bit weary about re-injuring himself. Which is understandable. For as much as I want to see Austin vs. Punk, I don't want to see Austin hurt himself.

If this match did happen, I think Austin would have no problem putting Punk over. Austin seems to really like CM Punk. I could see Punk going over. Then the next night on RAW, Austin puts over Punk, they shake hands, then CM Punk eats a stunner.
But it's not like Punk has a piledriver for a finisher which is the only move that has a high chance of re-injuring Austin if he was to receive one.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts