Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Re: Stone cold = the most beloved WWE Superstars ever...?!

I was never a big Austin fan, he annoyed me tbh. Hogan will always be the biggest name to work in WWE

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

no
a lot of people hate Hulk Hogan for some reason
The Rock too,Fans hate The Rock gone to hollywood

But Stone cold always beloved by fans i don't know but i don't really care Steve austin tbh,always

·
Registered
305 Posts

no
a lot of people hate Hulk Hogan for some reason
At Wrestlemania 18 the fans cheered him on instead of booing him. He supposed to be the heel as a NWO-member, but it was Hulkamania this and that all over the place. And his opponent was The Rock, who was the babyface of the WWE at that time.

The Rock too,Fans hate The Rock gone to hollywood
True.

But Stone cold always beloved by fans i don't know but i don't really care Steve austin tbh,always
Well, I'm a huge fan of Stone Cold, but I don't really agree with you on this. When Stone Cold was a heel, they were booing him. But they cheered Hogan while he was a heel. Well, at least that was the case when he returned to WWE back in 2002.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Austin is the most over wrestler in the history of any wrestling fan. Ignoring the small minority you have for every superstar, everyone loves him, the casuals and the IWC.

Alot of the IWC despise Hogan for how he used the business, or his pivotal, greedy role in the downfall of wCw.

Alot of the IWC despise Rock because they think he "owes" something to WWE (despite sticking around when his movie career was really kicking off and putting over the likes of Lesnar by dropping the title CLEANLY to him), he also put over Goldberg, Christian, a WM feud with Austin. They hate him for not wanting to work 300 days a year ruining his body for a piss poor wage (compared to Hollywood movies that is).

Undertaker is incredibly over as is Shawn Michaels, but they'll never catch the popularity Austin has.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I'd say Rock has a case. He was after all the people's champ. And he held them in the palm of his hand every time he appeared on screen. He didn't even have to open his mouth and he had thousands of people going absolutely crazy. Not to mention they cheered for all his matches and booed the shit out of anybody that got in his way.

If you are talking the most beloved by the Internet fans then it would have to be Jericho. The man can do no wrong it seems.

·
WindUp
163 Posts

undertaker, and my proof??

People love to watch him wrestle once a year in a match that will always have the same outcome.....

·
Ho!
19,155 Posts
Well, most beloved between those two is Austin, but from people in the business it sounds like Taker is the most respected person. On the internet, who knows between those two. Jericho is the most beloved on the internet, and with good reason to.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Rock, Hogan and Austin were the most over generally. Steiner was about the same level in WCW and WWE before he got buried though. Taker was also always pretty over, but never to the degree of those 4 guys.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Well, I'm a huge fan of Stone Cold, but I don't really agree with you on this. When Stone Cold was a heel, they were booing him. But they cheered Hogan while he was a heel. Well, at least that was the case when he returned to WWE back in 2002.
What Austin you were watching in 2001? cause the Austin I remembered watching during that time frame was getting mix reactions 50% of the time during his Heel run. They did everything with Austin to try and make him be the biggest Heel ever by hugging Vince McMahon, have be turned to a stooge backstage with Kurt Angle, beat the hell out of women like Lita and Molly Holly, betray Vince McMahon and the WWE etc. and still the crowd cheered him? no one wanted to boo Austin. Stone Cold played his character well, but he pretty much failed to truly be hated, don’t get me wrong cause he got his fair share of “Asshole” chants target on him multiple times but overall that run kind of flopped as character perspective. No one was buying the act of Austin being a whiney bitch for Vince McMahon and that’s why every opportunity they get of hinting Austin turning Face, the crowd is heavily behind it.

Hell, I still remember the epic singing segment with Austin and The Rock on RAW before Survivor Series. A cowardly Heel Austin manage to turn a serious confrontation with The Rock to a comedy act and the crowd loved every minute of it.

Stone Cold. nearly no one hates him, unlike Hogan who has a lot of people who hate him
This and there is really no other answer.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is the most love while the Undertaker is most respected. Love overthrows respected (respectfully lol)

This crazy son of a bitch took a break and refused to show up and took a week long break without the companies consent.

He walked out on the WWE more then once, despite if certain situations was full of bullshit to him, he basically told Vince McMahon to take his company and shove it up his ass and every time he returns to the WWE-the casuals, the internet marks, the men, the women, the children, the fans welcome him back with open arms like he never left. (This also proves how really big of a star Stone Cold Steve Austin really is and McMahon will tell you himself-”The greatest WWE Superstar of all time”

The Rock stood by WWE through thick and thin yet the fans TURNED on him cause he done it all in the wrestling business and want to chase another dream?

That doesn’t make sense does it? You will think every single fan of his will support him but half of them turned their backs on him and their voices was heard pretty clear near the end of his Undisputed Championship run in 2002. The hot crowd in New York City booed The Rock out of the building when he won the “gimmie-the mic” award and chanted “boring” to The Rock which is complete rare. Utter disrespect to one of the greatest of all time. (Rock also was getting booed a little at WM 20 which people never mention on here)

It’s pretty clear who is the loved between Austin and The Undertaker or better yet who is the most beloved/popular wrestler overall.

·
Registered
835 Posts
As Ive always said:

Austin = most popular ever
Hogan = most well known
The Rock = biggest star ever

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts

Austin, and rightfully so. He is the greatest of all time, after all.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts

Austin, and rightfully so. He is the greatest of all time, after all.
Austin is the GOAT as far as selling goes, but nowhere as talent goes. I'd take BPP over him anyday of the week and twice on sundays. I don't even think there's an argument about this.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i think the answer to this deals more with when you became a wrestling fan...Hogan if u were a fan in the 80s and early to mid 90s....Austin,The Rock,or Taker for the late 90s,foward...
For me its Hogan...he has been my most beloved wrestler since 87...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts