Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I'm a little shocked that more people like The Rock more, I thought it was IWC law that Austin was the greatest thing that ever happened to the world.

I've always preferred Rock more btw.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Rock! His mic skills were untouchable. In terms of having the most entertaining matches on the card, I think Rock and Austin were about even in my opinion (I always preferred Rock matches though). But factor in the promo skills and that put Rock over for me.

Plus, The Rock was amazing as both face and heel (Hollywood Rock); Austin couldn't make the transition in 2001. Its weird that someone would say Rock was more one-dimensional; Rock evolved many times over compared to Austin in the span of the Attitude Era.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Stone Cold Steve Austin, no one comes close to what this guy was, without Austin I'm afraid The Rock would not have become what he became, Austin was already there before The Rock was anything on the other hand.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The Rock almost every time. Just pure gold on the mic and great (for me at least in the ring).

Granted both guys turned into 15 move machines but I gotta say to this day it will always be The Rock and then Stone Cold for me

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Fond of both of them. They were just special in the wrestling world. Absolute legends. Outside that, meh.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Why do people never put polls where they're due. Anyway, Rock. I started watching in late-2000 and I was a total mark. Didn't care much for SCSA.

Incidentally, WWE doesn't seem to make much of the Rock. Just as one example, in the montage on last week's Raw, where Roddy Piper said John Cena would be insulting all of the WWE champions, it was Bret Hart, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, SCSA and HHH. No Rock. Furthermore, he's not in the HoF

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I'm a little shocked that more people like The Rock more, I thought it was IWC law that Austin was the greatest thing that ever happened to the world.
I've always preferred Rock more btw.
Best quote i've seen all week.
(despite the fact that I prefer SCSA over Rocko)

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Rock was just too entertaining compare to SCSA.

From the Nation, to the Corporation, to the People's Champ, to Heel Hollywood. The Rock was too damn good.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Its like choosing between eating and drinking. Both were great, but I would give the slight edge to Austin just like I would give a slight edge to eating.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I love both but I am going with the rock. His mic skills are unmatched and he can switch the dynamic between both face and heel without missing a step.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.