Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok listen, this thread isn't about who you though was the better draw, or who sold the most merchandise. It is a personal preference, who do you like better The Rock or Stone Cold?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
fpalm A.N.O.T.H.E.R. The Rock/Stone Cold thread, we have 4-7 of those per week.

P.S. Austin was better.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
Both were awesome in their own rights for various and similar reasons all at the same time.

You can't make me choose between a Key Lime Pime & Chocolate Soufflé, you just can't do it.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
This is getting ridiculous. But to answer this type of question for the 57835305705702358034 time. Despite The Rock had the crowd in the palm of his hands then anyone including Austin.

Just like Vince McMahon said on numerous times out his own mouth since 2003.

"Rock, as popular as he is was never quite Stone Cold Steve Austin"

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
Both were fantastic and I fear we won't see someone on (or anywhere near) their level for quite some time.

Personally after not watching wrestling for 10 years Rock single-handedly got me back into it, however after that I went back and rewatched the majority of stuff that i'd missed and after watching all of Austin's matches/promo's he overtook Rocky. Although as I said both were brilliant to watch, how we could do with a superstar with 50% of their talent (both on the mic and in the ring) right now.

·
Premium Member
44,020 Posts
It kept changing with me.

From 98 to about midway 99, I was an Austin guy, but then Rock REALLY won me over, and he became my favorite.

As 2000 wore on, I missed Austin, and then he became my favorite when he came back towards the end of the year.

Then after that STUPID heel turn for Austin 2001, Rock became my favorite by default. Austin never really fully recovered from that. But then Rock hit that period in 2202 where he got a little stale, and before I knew it both of them were gone by the end of the Summer of 2002.

Then in 2003. both returned and it was Stone Cold & HOLLYWOOD ROCK!!! Yeah, I definitely liked Rock more at that point, lol.

So I guess you could say I'm more of a Rock guy, but Austin was usually high on my list too.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Rock was entertaining every time he held a mic. Him all day every day

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Both were fantastic and I fear we won't see someone on (or anywhere near) their level for quite some time.

Personally after not watching wrestling for 10 years Rock single-handedly got me back into it, however after that I went back and rewatched the majority of stuff that i'd missed and after watching all of Austin's matches/promo's he overtook Rocky. Although as I said both were brilliant to watch, how we could do with a superstar with 50% of their talent (both on the mic and in the ring) right now.
Cena says Hi ..
Blame the PG era for the booking !

Wade Barrett is new but he is really entertaining these days .. This is off topic though .. No comparison with Austin/Rock ..

·
Registered
425 Posts
No disrespect to Austin because he was awesome and I was a big fan but for me it will always be The Rock and it's not even close. In fact Rock is my favourite ever by some way.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I prefered The Rock but that's personal preference and was one of my childhood favourites so I have some sort of bias for him. Although even so I can easily admit I think Austin is the superior wrestler, it's just that I prefered Rock over Austin.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,279 Posts
Both are very high on my favorite wrestlers list, but I give the edge to The Rock. He got me into wrestling and I was a big fan of his as a kid. Of course ultimately it was Undertaker that won me over, and why he is my favourite wrestler of all time. But my pick goes ot Rocky nonetheless.

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,108 Posts
This is getting ridiculous. But to answer this type of question for the 57835305705702358034 time. Despite The Rock had the crowd in the palm of his hands then anyone including Austin.

Just like Vince McMahon said on numerous times out his own mouth since 2003.

"Rock, as popular as he is was never quite Stone Cold Steve Austin"
And Stone Cold was never quite The Rock.

·
Premium Member
14,286 Posts
There both awesome and both were very entertaining but I have to go with steve austin just by a hair.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.