Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Understandable, but doesn't mean you have to shit all over Reigns to praise your fave
I enjoy the product, it's just most of my other guys are booked like shit or are injured. AJ is my all time favorite and has finally made it to the WWE, so obviously I would be marking more for him right now.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
AJ vs Roman @ Payback ***** :austin4

outshining :trips vs Roman at Mania

I wonder how many stars Stone Cold gave that one...4/10 :lol

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I enjoyed the match, I'm not a Reigns fan or hater really but I do like him somewhat. His matches are good, they put him with good workers and usually in gimmick matches, that's just smart booking. Paul Heyman 101!

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
It was a very good match, no doubt. I think 5 stars is a little OTT but it was enjoyable.

It's all down to the creative and the stubbornness of the WWE as a whole that Roman isn't getting over with the crowds, if they'd actually ease off on his push here and there and didn't try to make him into Cena 2.0 cutting long, boring promos while making goofy jokes, people would probably like him more.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nobody is denying his work ethic, he's definitely capable of putting on a great show, he just has no move-set, barely enough mic skills to get by, and is pretty much being force fed down our throats, other than that he's great
Plz don't use the word great ever again to describe a waste of air Roman Reigns. Nothing about him is great. Nothing. It's not blind hate, it's the truth. He's bland. Protected to the highest limit by the booking, trying their best to make him seem good or great. Don't eat it up.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Don't often disagree with Austin, but the pointless restarts that ultimately led to absolutely nothing significant really soured the match for me - taking nothing away from the individual and collective performances of Styles and Reigns.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It was entertaining.

It could have been a 4.5-5 star match, if AJ was working with a talent like Zayn, KO or Cesaro as they would have been allowed to steal the show and use some spots to add some highlights to the match..

I reckon AJ had to make it a spam fest because Vince probably told him backstage to make him look strong. What other way is there for a limited talent to look strong (+ the other fuckery) than hit with your finisher multiple times and have him kick out.
SCSA was literally gushing over AJ.

What a mark :lol
It was nowhere near a 5 star match, there was too much fuckery and AJ was obviously carrying the match. To have a 5 star match, you need two guys who can go e.g. Cesaro, KO, Rollins, Zayn, Cena, Brock etc.
Jesus Christ! Get off Styles's dick! Austin praised him for having an entertaining match with Reigns, which both played a part in, and you're creaming your pants. Both guys put on a good showing, but why you got to bury Reigns and suck Styles's cock I can't understand... Oh wait, I can actually. You're a mark.

Also, AJ can't get a 5 star match even with "guys who can go". Remember the match he had with Zayn, "a guy that can go", on RAW? That crowd was fucking dead until AJ dropped Sami on his neck almost ending his career. And the match itself? Boring and generic. Remember his matches with Owens, "a guy that can go", on RAW and Smackdown? No? Well I don't blame you, they were forgettable and boring. The Reigns Vs. Big Show Last Man Standing match at the last year's Extreme Rules was 10x better then any match Styles put on in his time in the WWE.

·
Registered
20,764 Posts
Completely agree with this. Saying the typical "Stop watching or watch X or Y promotion if you don't like it" bullshit is like saying "You should stop liking everything else if you don't like one fucking thing" and its literally confirming that they know Roman Reigns is the entire fucking focus of the main event scene.

I have no issues with the guy, in fact, i kinda like his new attitude ever since the "New Era" begun. I just don't see him as a face though, but thats not the point. The point is that i have issues with his blind hardcore fans who think he's the second coming of christ. Some feel the need to defend the guy against everyone criticizing the guy, doesn't matter if you're doing a pretty good point or a pretty tame critique, you're going to get the same recycled bullshit over and over again.
I get your point but when people consistently complain about the same or similar things week after week and for some year after year on a show they choose to continue watching the argument starts to lose potency.

It's not so much that nobody should ever criticize WWE. Because they do some dumb shit that deserves it. But after a while if someone finds that they have been making the same complaints for months (and years for some fans) then maybe it's time the fan moves on. But like truly move on. Not like "I don't watch Raw, I just read and discuss it nightly" but like truly move on.

I mean a lot here spend more time complaining about Reigns than they do discussing what they actually love. Those are the type that would probably be better off finding a promotion that has not only a midcard but main event appeals to them.

It's just like a lot of WWE fans are becoming like Sonic fans. Sticking behind a product they no longer like or believe in for no real reason.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
5 stars? That's REALLY far-fetched. It was just another good match with typical for WWE overbooked fuckery. Of course I respect Austin's opinion but he's being way too generous.
If you listen to his podcast, he's not doing some analytical ranking of the match, he's just marking out over how awesome it was.

When I say, "Oh my god, that was the most amazing thing ever!" It's really not, I'm just excited about what I saw.

·
The EST of NXT
28,502 Posts
I listened to the podcast. Austin was very impressed by both Roman Reigns and AJ Styles. It's not the end of the world if a legend such as Austin likes Reigns. It doesn't take away from the praise he gave Styles.

The match was very good, best on the card. I'm looking forward to Extreme Rules.
Austin consistently praises Reigns and it's waved off as being a corporate shill. He praises AJ and all of a sudden his opinion matters. Yawn. The haters are so predictable.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Jesus Christ! Get off Styles's dick! Austin praised him for having an entertaining match with Reigns, which both played a part in, and you're creaming your pants. Both guys put on a good showing, but why you got to bury Reigns and suck Styles's cock I can't understand... Oh wait, I can actually. You're a mark.

Also, AJ can't get a 5 star match even with "guys who can go". Remember the match he had with Zayn, "a guy that can go", on RAW? That crowd was fucking dead until AJ dropped Sami on his neck almost ending his career. And the match itself? Boring and generic. Remember his matches with Owens, "a guy that can go", on RAW and Smackdown? No? Well I don't blame you, they were forgettable and boring. The Reigns Vs. Big Show Last Man Standing match at the last year's Extreme Rules was 10x better then any match Styles put on in his time in the WWE.
Remember Reigns vs Big Show on RAW, the exact same matchup between the two? Yeah, the one that got shat on by the crowd? Yeah. Reigns vs Del Rio on RAW? Yeah, boring. Reigns vs pretty much anyone in the last 3 months on RAW? Yeah, boring. Reigns isn't exactly full of classic matches himself.

Also, Styles' work in the past speaks for itself, constant classic matches against people like Okada, Nakamura, Joe, Daniels, etc. etc. Reigns isn't a bad wrestler, but Styles is a much, much better.

·
Registered
22,887 Posts
5 stars basically puts in the same stratosphere of Taker vs. HBK inside HIAC and Punk vs. Cena at MITB. So, I wouldn’t rank it THAT high. But it was still a great main event if not a little bit overbooked.

Since their ER match is no DQ and no countouts, I’m expecting some big spots here now that they have no restrictions.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cena and Roman are hated for opposite reasons. Cena was hated for his in ring work while Roman is hated for his lack of mic skills and charisma.

·
Registered
15,836 Posts
How anyone rates that 5 stars is beyond me... No one will be talking anout that match next year, let alone decades from now like true 5 star matches.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts
Austin consistently praises Reigns and it's waved off as being a corporate shill. He praises AJ and all of a sudden his opinion matters. Yawn. The haters are so predictable.
I'm glad Austin spoke up for Roman's character when he said he was liked backstage. He also shut down Wade's suggestion that Reigns would stiff Styles because he gets good pops. Wade Keller is a blind hater who tucks it in while in the presence of Austin. He acts like Roman killed his dog and the triggered snowflake isn't the only one.

I love AJ Styles too but he doesn't wrestle on water. He's not the only one capable of getting a genuine compliment. Bret Hart also likes Roman and he says whatever he wants.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Why is it that whenever some WWE mouthpiece goes on about Roman being in a 5 star match that somebody has to create an article praising Roman, but never the opponent who carried him through the match?

·
Since Day One
9,843 Posts
Why is it that whenever some WWE mouthpiece goes on about Roman being in a 5 star match that somebody has to create an article praising Roman, but never the opponent who carried him through the match?
Because Reigns being involved in a good match should be treated as news. He's a decent in-ring worker that's had the privilege of working with some of the business's best workers. It's not like AJ Styles, who has a catalogue of some of the best matches in the past 5 years across different companies. Him being praised for having a good match in the same vein as Reigns would be a disservice to how naturally gifted he is in the ring.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts