Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
That's BS, so sorry. I have a Scott Mutter poster from his Surrational Images series framed on my wall. I'm not a Scott Mutter mark, it just looks cool. I have two Georgia O'Keeffe posters framed, too. That's cause they look like vaginas, I'm not a fan of hers, the cow skull phase sucked.

You can like Roman, I do, without being a dick.
it's kinda like what Kevin Nash said bout Bret Hart having posters up everywhere...it's just uncool. i cant imagine bring a girl home with WWE toys and posters everywhere.

their are 2 types of fans ones who enjoy the product watch it for what it is. then fanboy who buy AJ gloves and caps and look like total dorks. i remember when that pagie Stalker posted the picture of the line up people waiting to meet her and they were all over 250 pounds and wearing Cena gear.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Watch a different program. TNA, ROH, NJPW, LU. Go to live promotions near you. No one is forcing RR down your throat. Close your mouth and stop swallowing if it doesn't taste good.
Being a Reigns fan is fine. Nothing wrong with it.

However, a large chunk of the WWE audience watches WWE programming because they're fans of some of the other talent on the roster, or because WWE is largely the only game in town. What you're saying is the equivalent of saying "Don't like The New England Patriots? Then go watch some college or high school football game instead."

There's nothing wrong with critiquing or even being adamantly against some of aspect of the programming while still being a fan/follower of WWE.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
Austin is also on WWE's payroll, you know. And he also admittedly doesn't speak his real opinion on things.

In no universe was that match "5 stars". It was a good match, it wasn't a great match. This is another one of those "Since Roman Reigns did it..." situations, where people blow him up over not being terrible. Every time the guy doesn't embarrass himself, people overrate the result. OMG he had a match that didn't suck, MOTY!!! OMG he cut a promo that didn't suck, he's improved on the mic!!! OMG, only 63% of the crowd booed him tonight, he's so over!!!

Shut the fuck up already and stop overcompensating. It's an insult to guys who did far superior work to that match in the last few years.

·
Oh, What a Day! What A Lovely Day!
3,568 Posts

However, a large chunk of the WWE audience watches WWE programming because they're fans of some of the other talent on the roster, or because WWE is largely the only game in town. What you're saying is the equivalent of saying "Don't like The New England Patriots? Then go watch some college or high school football game instead."

There's nothing wrong with critiquing or even being adamantly against some of aspect of the programming while still being a fan/follower of WWE.
Completely agree with this. Saying the typical "Stop watching or watch X or Y promotion if you don't like it" bullshit is like saying "You should stop liking everything else if you don't like one fucking thing" and its literally confirming that they know Roman Reigns is the entire fucking focus of the main event scene.

I have no issues with the guy, in fact, i kinda like his new attitude ever since the "New Era" begun. I just don't see him as a face though, but thats not the point. The point is that i have issues with his blind hardcore fans who think he's the second coming of christ. Some feel the need to defend the guy against everyone criticizing the guy, doesn't matter if you're doing a pretty good point or a pretty tame critique, you're going to get the same recycled bullshit over and over again.

·
Baby Yoda
29,317 Posts

I enjoy the product, it's just most of my other guys are booked like shit or are injured. AJ is my all time favorite and has finally made it to the WWE, so obviously I would be marking more for him right now.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Austin is also on WWE's payroll, you know. And he also admittedly doesn't speak his real opinion on things.

Wrong he dose speak negatively all the time, even had Vince Russo on his podcasts when everyone else on the payroll has been told not to talk to him.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
it's kinda like what Kevin Nash said bout Bret Hart having posters up everywhere...it's just uncool. i cant imagine bring a girl home with WWE toys and posters everywhere.

their are 2 types of fans ones who enjoy the product watch it for what it is. then fanboy who buy AJ gloves and caps and look like total dorks. i remember when that pagie Stalker posted the picture of the line up people waiting to meet her and they were all over 250 pounds and wearing Cena gear.
Love you, bro. But the other day I needed some pop and I went to the dollar store in my RR sweatpants. :) It was about 7 on a Sunday morning, so I was pretty sure there wouldn't be too many people that saw that. :D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Lol Reigns has one good match.
This statement is only true after Fastlane 2015, and arguably by others after Summerslam 2014.

How many times has this guy botched a promo?
From memory? Twice. "Deglare" and "Triple thep match".

How many bad matches has this guy had vs good ones?
Maybe about 4 or 5 in 2014, 1 in 2015, and zero in 2016. The rest have been either good, average, or too short to earn a rating.

His best matches wrre Bryan and Styles.
And Big Show, and Bray Wyatt, and Brock Lesnar, and Sheamus.

So what now ive gotta go oh actually hes very good in the ring?
No, just give props when props are deserved.

He sucked the oxygen out of the room.With Trips at Wm. So don't tell me he consistently puts on great matches
1 mediocre match outweighs the 8 great, 1 good, and 1 decent of the 11 singles PPV matches he's had? Rrrriiggghhht...(Y)

·
Banned
4,945 Posts

I totally get that, and I look at at almost everything WWE does with a skeptical eye, but I just watched TNT on POP tonight and it was real. It wasn't the flash and trash, production value heavy stuff you'll see if you like to look at a show, rather than looking at wrestling, but the wrestlers put it out there.

I honestly wish more people that claim to hate what's going on in WWE would just stop watching on Mondays and watch what's happening on Tuesday nights.

·
Heath Slater's Personal Roadie
2,714 Posts
I checked the match out after everyone started saying it was this amazing match and I really did not enjoy it. I always hate matches where the spots are really obvious and WWE seem to book a lot of them at the moment. It just makes the match transparent and shows how uninvested I am. Like AJ going for a springboard and aiming for an empty space so Roman can hit a Superman Punch, what's that about? Would it be so hard to dive at him and have Roman just reposition himself? Nevermind the fact that the match was also an overbooked mess. And it wasn't even ten minutes before Roman got laid out and couldn't get back in the ring then he got beaten up by Doc and Karl yet he still managed to win? Really? This way of WWE booking top guys has always irritated me, like when you see Austin and Cena laying out 8 guys and it just looks fucking stupid. And how many Phenomenal Forearms did they need? AJ has other moves, you know?

All in all, it was probably something more like ***, definitely not *****. Lucha Underground had a better match last week, much better than this and with a better story running alongside it. This wasn't even one of the best matches of the year, never mind all time.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
listen again, he does say how this match should put Roman over with crowd. also it take 2 people to put on a 5 star match.

for the record i think AJ ws great in this match, it was the 1st in WWE he's put on a good match IMO. he's been mostly average up untill now.
Not true. He and Owens put on a great match despite it only getting 15 minutes. the fatal 4way raw match was great and better than his match against Reigns. Also his tag match with Jericho against the New Day was amazing. He and Owens from what I heard were also killing it on house shows in their 30 minute iron man matches prior to his feud with Jericho.

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
I checked the match out after everyone started saying it was this amazing match and I really did not enjoy it. I always hate matches where the spots are really obvious and WWE seem to book a lot of them at the moment. It just makes the match transparent and shows how uninvested I am. Like AJ going for a springboard and aiming for an empty space so Roman can hit a Superman Punch, what's that about? Would it be so hard to dive at him and have Roman just reposition himself? Nevermind the fact that the match was also an overbooked mess. And it wasn't even ten minutes before Roman got laid out and couldn't get back in the ring then he got beaten up by Doc and Karl yet he still managed to win? Really? This way of WWE booking top guys has always irritated me, like when you see Austin and Cena laying out 8 guys and it just looks fucking stupid. And how many Phenomenal Forearms did they need? AJ has other moves, you know?

All in all, it was probably something more like ***, definitely not *****. Lucha Underground had a better match last week, much better than this and with a better story running alongside it. This wasn't even one of the best matches of the year, never mind all time.
Amen to that

I'll take a match full of blood, brutality, violence, a good story, and what felt like LEGIT hatred between the competitors that emotionally invested the crowd, shocked them, had them on the edge of their seats, and actually elevated a talent in a huge way when all was said and done over a "Make Roman look strong" match where he is no selling the other guy's best offense.

Lucha Underground even booked that match so well that the loser of that match still had her finisher protected because she was never able to hit it.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
5 stars are given out way too much. 5 stars means perfect and the match wasn't perfect. They should lose a point for the DQ and countout and also a point for the clusterfuck stuff between the Usos and Gallows&Anderson. I would give it 3 stars.

·
TBZ
5,857 Posts
Not true. He and Owens put on a great match despite it only getting 15 minutes. the fatal 4way raw match was great and better than his match against Reigns. Also his tag match with Jericho against the New Day was amazing. He and Owens from what I heard were also killing it on house shows in their 30 minute iron man matches prior to his feud with Jericho.
Exactly. If that match had gone on for 10 more minutes it'd have been way better than AJ/Reigns. AJ/Reigns is one of the most overrated matches I've seen in a long while. Deluded people calling that shit "5 stars" and an "instant classic". Man, GTFOH.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Nobody is denying his work ethic, he's definitely capable of putting on a great show, he just has no move-set, barely enough mic skills to get by, and is pretty much being force fed down our throats, other than that he's great
I f*cking certainly am.

He's at his best in tag matches when he can pause for breathe. We have seen in the Royal Rumble and also at Payback that Reigns a break here and there as he gases if he's in the ring for more than 10-15 minutes at a time.

FWIW it was another good match and I like the chemistry these guys have.

I'm all for giving props when it's due but I can't turn a blind eye to his obvious flaws, he's getting there though slowly but surely.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
5 stars? That's REALLY far-fetched. It was just another good match with typical for WWE overbooked fuckery. Of course I respect Austin's opinion but he's being way too generous.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
That is very generous by Austin the match was good until all the fuckery happened still nowhere close to 5 stars though.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts