Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Robert Roode.
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the patience to write much on this topic, but my god - have they really ruined Sting in his first and only WWE appearance.

He pops up a year after signing with the company to screw the Authority, who then instantly regain power.

He pops up again to help three mid-carders get their positions in company back, which is stupid in itself in this day & age.

A cheesy package on RAW that seemed out of place to 'accept' to be at another event to talk.

Casually strolls down for a face-to-face with Triple H for no real reason, spends half the time being talked down to and beaten. Points at the WM sign for no logical reason, other than to remind the viewers that this trite has to happen.

No atmosphere, no thought into original storytelling, generic theme, no 'rafters'/no stalking his prey. Nothing at all that made Sting in his heyday. How hard is it to give Sting an Undertaker-style presentation? Bitterly disappointed.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
They should have booked it with Sting responding to HHH via titantron, only for Sting to drop from the rafters and appear behind HHH and choke him out with the baseball bat, instead they went for a tired and lethargic promo.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I agree more effort should have been put in that Sting/HHH promo. But Memphis are a terrible crowd. They sit there with their bottom on their hands or twiddling their thumbs. Dire crowd, would have fallen asleep if I was there. Don't go to a fucking show if you going to look like you're ready to fall asleep. Even if the show wasn't entertaining, when you have HHH & 'STING' in the same fucking ring, show some appreciation and life.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
They should have booked it with Sting responding to HHH via titantron, only for Sting to drop from the rafters and appear behind HHH and choke him out with the baseball bat, instead they went for a tired and lethargic promo.
- Nobody is going to "drop from the rafters" in WWE after what happened to Owen Hart

- Nobody is going to choke anyone out with a baseball bat on a PG rated show

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
It was simply lame. Triple H has a sledgehammer in his hand and somehow having a bat to his neck instills the fear of god in him. What's Sting gonna do, stab him with a blunt baseball bat?

It's almost Joker Sting levels of bad. The entire thing is half assed.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Why is anyone shocked?

Said it a million times, the product is completely sterlized. They put no effort into anything because they don't have to.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Some good, some bad, imo. At least it's something out of the ordinary. Sting's debut was pretty good and the promo vid for 2k15 ( or whatever it was ) was nice. The crowd just really sucked at Fastlane ( "he's got a point Sting" was funny though lol ).

·
Registered
844 Posts
I didn't mind what they did with him at Fastlane but I didn't like his debut at Survivor Series. It just seemed very generic for a moment that was so long awaited. It is tough for WWE though. They can't do some of the vintage Crow Sting stuff like dropping from the rafters etc.

·
Scared of My Own Shadow
2,968 Posts
Jesus Christ fpalm the crowd are hot for this feud, HHH is putting Sting over huge on the mic, everytime Sting has appeared he has gotten the upperhand on HHH and still people aren't satisfied.

What more do you want?

Stop nitpicking every fucking story. It's been well done so far.
This.

I completely understand the mindset of some who mention that people will just complain about anything on this board. It's 2015, not 1997. Even if there wasn't an issue of what happened to Owen Hart, I'm sure a guy in his mid-fifties isn't going to be readily willing to be dropped 20 - 30 feet from the top of an arena into a ring and doing something as "violent" as choking out Triple H with a baseball bat isn't going to happen today.

Some people are just over-analyzing and putting took much stock into this. Accept this for what it is and with that, accept the WrestleMania match for what it's going to be as well. Most likely a brawl that will probably last less than 10 minutes. I like the build thus far and yes, it could be better but the same thing could be said of any other feud going on in WWE at the moment.

Triple H has put over Sting at every instance thus far to make Sting look as this big threat. I wouldn't even say that Triple H made Sting look weak with all the crap he spewed because in the end, Sting got one on Triple H again. For getting the ball rolling and getting the match set it was fine. What I'm more curious about is how they are going to keep it going since I don't think Sting will be on many of WWE's programming in the weeks to come leading to WrestleMania. It'll basically be Triple H selling the match on his own with maybe a few Sting vignettes thrown in.

·
Banned
5,069 Posts
LOL HHH is desperate to get the fans on his side with the whole "WWE vs WCW" shit.

f*** outta here!!
He wasn't even part of the invasion as well...this would've made sense if it was the rock since in kayfabe he won at survivor series to put an end to the alliance and wcw once and for all.

But where Trips fit saying he was one of the guys that made WCW disappear from the face of the earth. When in fact Stephanie was with the alliance and he was injured. Again this story makes no sense.

But hey WWE thinks the fans forgot about it and don't have acesss to the network so they can see the invasion angle and how bad it was.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.